Detailed Google Earth Image as Ground Texture (image slightly over 800x600)

Is there a limit on how many UTM tiles that TransDEM can generate? I always get two UTM tiles no matter how many "baseboard" squares I select in TransDEM.

Offtopic again. This should really be in another thread.

Is there a limit on how many UTM tiles that TransDEM can generate? I always get two UTM tiles no matter how many "baseboard" squares I select in TransDEM.
You should load your vector route. Without a route, the limit is something between 20 and 25 tiles, not to waste memory for tiles you'll never need. With a route in place, the limit is nearly 1000. The route polylines will act as a filter, tiles close to the route only. You also need to draw a rectangular mask as the outer bound. No UTM tile can exceed it. And the baseboard for each UTM tile anchor (SW corner) must be present, too.

How do I flatten the DEM data for NYC area in TransDEM? HOG software can do this but TANE won't accept the files created by HOG.

How do I flatten the DEM data for NYC area in TransDEM? HOG software can do this but TANE won't accept the files created by HOG.

Can I ask you to start a separate thread for your TransDEM-specific questions? They have little to do any more with the topic of this thread and discussing a different topic is not very friendly to ModelerMJ.

TransDEM has a number of DEM editing capabilities and tools. One of them is a smoothing filter. Perhaps that is what you mean. Best thing is to look into the manual where they are all listed and explained. But why do want to flatten your DEM anyway? Are you using SRTM, ASTER or other satellite DEM data. In that case you may see a "digital surface model" that includes buildings (subject to scale), and not a "digital terrain model". I recommend to go for USGS terrestrial data, downloadable via the National Map Viewer. Select 1/3 arc sec.

Back