Levi & Appalachian WIP

Hey Thai1On, I made a franken engine using the 2-8-4's given by auran and a Mikado made by BNeal I think could work.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
20200405141336_1.jpg
details/?id=2024665656

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2044327182

[/FONT]

Since your route is primarily using N&W/any railroad in the area will it be possible to see like weird N&W engines that where picked up in the Virginian/N&W merger? and I've been having issues with the passenger cars, why is it still running old wooden coaches from 1920 when its head is a J class, should it have like streamlined coaches and a weird rounded observation? (something like a reskined prr p85 and mountain view observation) sorry if I seam like a pissy bastard and nit-pick every little thing about this great work, I just love the route and rolling stock want to see your best effort and your great modeling/ reskinning seeing that your one of the best on the DS with free train stuff. Sorry if I go hard and demanding sometimes just know your works greatly appreciated. -Chad

Point well taken. At the moment all I have is one of the L&A's first class train between Cincinnati and Charleston S.C.. I the future I hope to do Charleston (in the L&A steampunk universe) as a module to possibly be accessed through a portal as I don't think I could another the size of the L&A original route again.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

This is the Angel of the Winds train, but the train mostly goes by the name the Angel. It's pulled by the L&A's exotic steam turbine due to the size of the train and the steep grades, but also its ultra modern engineering. The train got it's name because it services both the port of Charleston along with the Zeppelin port there.

Looks as though my job may be slowing down so time to fire up the old reskin machine and build some good looking streamlined equipment :eek:.

Dave

I friggin', love that consist, holy crap, will that engine primarily be passenger or will it also do freight, also is the observation a weird but amazing streamliner design or like a flat softly rounded end like the broadway limited? Will the train also be hauled by the J class, because holy crap it works? p.s. I used to sometimes go to Charleston so will it be like a few miles from the coast or directly off the coast?

Hey Thai1On me and a friend where gonna try making a reskinned (Freeware) K&L Polar Express Berk and woundered if we can get a blessing to make it a L&A engine in the vein of a L&N Big Emma that we call the "Big Oof"

originally my and my friend where gonna use a C&O Kanawha as inspiration byt it would require to much effort, plus my thought is this is a K-1 being that its first gen so this as 23 or so is more based on big emmas while the neg gen is more of lowered headlight stuff the C&o and or Virginian had. Idea these engines are shop built in Norwood and the plan is with the new coaches Thai1On made, there's blue and orange accents.

heres the crappy idea we had in mind. But after all, its still in planning.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1013814925696252780/C65113E96C51B1AF2FA7C39A7927CBB9126A1D7A/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1013814925696205698/21B5C98784AFA5CB539835296D26C203546CB99E/

P.S. Shebashean7 can we use your 2716 Whistle?

Last edited:
Great Idea. The fonts I use are Railroad Roman. The color code for the fonts is R149 G107 B13.

I can't wait to see you you come up with.

Dave

also not to be a burden but the railroad needs hoppers, its a Kentucky/ohio railroad with Y6's and we only got passenger or mixed frieght, we desperatly need some coal to haul. p.s. thanks for the extra help with color codes.

Last edited:
Important issues regarding Project: Bootleg Berkshire and need advice.

so me and my friend are starting on the Berk today and need help Dave, How would Engine be Classed and nicknamed? so far this is meant to be a first out of three generations of 23-70 Berks made for the Railroad and it's Nickname because project "Bootleg Berkshire" has a ring but is does not sound official.https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....780/C65113E96C51B1AF2FA7C39A7927CBB9126A1D7A/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....698/21B5C98784AFA5CB539835296D26C203546CB99E/ -Chad608/riograndelocos.
if you can the best way to reach me is at my steam id CoronetSwinger58

Last edited:
Now that looks much better ;).

Also in about 24 hours the L&A 55 ton hoppers will be on the DLS.

Dave

BTw is it ok that we put a whistle from when the 2716 was southern and used a ps-4?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Thai1On can you please imbed a Picture of the L&A logo we want to put it on the engine.-chad and rio.

Hey Thai, thanks for the compliments! Me and Chad are enjoying them. We're excited to hear the upcoming additions to the Levi & Appalachian! As I'm the one working the reskins, Chad is helping me alot with things to add to the reskins. I'm learning alot with the reskins, and researching what should be put on the loco&tender, but, as you said, its looking better. Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you.

I have a number of PSD's of the L&A logo. I'll upload them tomorrow and make them publicly available.

Dave

Back