Levi & Appalachian WIP

7AA3DD9CED13B309D70B12E38C2FCD99EFA4C39A

As I said before, I'm going to do a Berkshire similar to those used by the Boston and Albany rather than the NKP style ones from 1934, any thoughts?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2056274697
filedetails

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2056274449

yeah actually, i like the idea of using a B&A as a basis, but you gotta think about practicality. with the B&A Berks, they where made for mix traffic in the north while down south it was about power and speed, I also personally think that the B&A berk looks a little ugly in my opinion, plus i think that a berk with those size wheels will not be as practical for the coal these trains need to haul.
-Chad
Dumbasses on Trainz

If i where you, try like a little known Berk L&N or a Norfolk & Southern berk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would I find a good mesh to reskin one? I might still try a B&A Berkshire, like what if the L&A modified it to suit them better?

My idea is that they are like the N&W so the shop build them, so there suited to their needs, them being a southern railroad, they wouldn't put a superheater up top like that they would put it in the boiler like a everyone else would with the built in design, your best bet for a L&N "Big emma" would be this one guys I found on facebook, but its payware and in my opinion a little sketch you'll find them if you search up "L&N Big M1 Trainz" the Norfolk & Southerns what I call a "Baby Berk" and pretty small. at a glance if you had cataracts they look the same, but your best bet is what we did with using that freeware polar express on K&L (btw im thinking the builders plates blue and like a lima plate, its built in Norwood btw.)
- Chad & Rio
Dumbasses on Trainz

well, if you want to use a B&A beerk, do a route for the north, if you brought a B&A berk over those rails it wouldnt be practical unless its for passenger, even with that people would call it ugly.

i dont want to sound like a dumbass foamer but you gotta think practicality, the L&A would most likely want something for both coal and passenger. and the B&A berk isnt built for either.

i've had issues with the caboose, its lights never go off even on the side coupled, and the sides disapear whenever i enter the cabooses interior. and we also need those hoppers fixed asap.

She looks good outside of the light color of the strip over and under the name. Go with something darker. Another idea for the L&A berks is a fast passenger and fast freight version. I could see a B&A version with the feedwater heater up front as it has a beefier look as the other has cleaner line more a kin to classic L&A crack passenger service.

With that being said are there any B&A berks available. The L&A would snap them up right away!

Dave

Last edited:
Heres the Thing Shebashetan, There probebly exists a B&A berk on trainz, but its on a sketchy indian website, the truth is, the closest your getting is a general berk (or "Movie" you call them.)

so me and Rio where thinking of another project and hes been really wanting this, so if you remember in the 70's the Clinch brought out a ten wheeler for publicity stuff, we both want to do something similar for the L&A but with a 4-4-0 American. our plan is to find stuff on Trainz forge and kit bash a few things. our issue Thai1On is what is the line it was from, our idea was its a shortline from Pigeon forge, TN to Spartanburg, SC. were gonna make it have a crappy f7b or 2 painted navy blue like your angel btw, engine might be plain but will have stuff for that railroad swallowed by the L&A.
Regards
Chad & Rio
Dumbasses on Trainz

Not sure I can fix them as they were designed for TANE. I'll look for something that will look good in TRS19.

Dave

so me and Rio put together a idea: were thinking in the 80's the L&a is just about to merge with [insert railroad] and just before they had a steam heritige program like the Southern, so they have the one T1O (Y6), a J class, and a Berk. the T1O was big but could pull as fast, the J class was messed up in a accident a year before (so bad she wasn't fixed until the 90's), so the only alternitve was the berk. thinking they repainted the engine like the pics i've sent before to that crappy 80's look. now, when those coaches drop, i'm thinking you can make a little RPO conversion like what Fort Wayne has (maybe a aux car like the one K&L has on their freeware.) me and Rio have been brewing this idea for so long and would love to see your work as little steam program.
little inspiration https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2060343931

so this is a little bit of a personal request, on the the L&A coaches you got coming can you please still have the coaches named after notible revolutionary war figures. because idk I love the idea of a observation called von Stuben.

Back