Levi & Appalachian WIP

I'm working on a story where the L&A would have bought the Memphis & Charleston Railroad to gain access to a major seaport.

Dave

so me and Rio finished up the K-3 a few days back, figured I'd send
FD3637C5F4F536CE67BC9F5AA30379AE817CDB4D

Well now this is an interesting look. It's a bit closer look to the L&N and by the stripping would be at home heading up one of the L&A's crack passenger trains. The change I would go with is the Levi & Appalachian in the center of the tender and the name of her passenger consist on the top of the tender.

Dave

True but the idea is also that it can be mixed traffic and can do everything a bigger engine could, idk we may make a K-3 (really 765 as 2765) tell me, how would a Santa Train look on the L&A?

True but the idea is also that it can be mixed traffic and can do everything a bigger engine could, idk we may make a K-3 (really 765 as 2765) tell me, how would a Santa Train look on the L&A?

Well from old photographs I've seen Santa would ride in an open air observation car to meet people along the route. I don't believe the engines were decorated in any way.

Dave

Two Grand to the rescue!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Old #2000 is a dedicated Helper on the Maysville Grade but this coal drag's regular 2-8-8-2 broke down on the top and Two Grand was pressed into service.

Two Grand's crew is feeling pretty full of themselves since they've managed to knock ten minutes off the two hour deficit the breakdown has caused. Not bad for an old lady! They give the L&A tower a toot but those guys are too busy shootin' craps.

Taking the turn around L&A's roundhouse they can see the C&O loco waiting for the consist.

The L&A Yard Boss gives Two Grand the high sign and lets them know to shoot straight down the Arrival track and drop it there.

C&O #1640's crew is pretty steamed about starting out 2 hours late but C&O has set them up with an auxiliary tender to help make up some time.

Normally the consist would be dropped in the arrival yard and then moved to the transfer yard but the C&O and NM&W made a deal to cut off a bit more time.

Two Grand gives 1640 a toot but the engineer gives them the air. A lot has been said by the C&O guys about noobs on the NM&W!

Two Grand's crew executes the decouple, rolls past the switches, and reverses out of the way as slick as they can.

1640's engineer give them a salute as they go by acknowledging their professionalism.

#70 sidles the caboose into position as the coal hoppers roll by

With the innate sense of timing and position of an old yardman #70's engineer gives the caboose just the right shove to hit the still rolling coal car just after the points and hits the whistle to let #1640 to keep rolling.

As the brakeman lays down on the front porch and hooks up the airline the conductor gives a couple of toots letting the engineer know that all's right and tight and he's clear to highball it.

Thanks to Two Grand and some slick yard work the consist rolls out of the yard less than an hour behind schedule! :D

Last edited:
Thanks, I enjoy making up these stories but I was not sure anyone would enjoy reading them.

Two Grand (2-8-8-0) waiting at the Maysville Mallet House for NM&W #1070 (4-8-2) pulling an all refer hotshot to clear the points before coupling up for the push up the grade.

:D

Last edited:
Ah yes, the Zinzinnati Zeppelin private executive zeppelin. They're becoming quite popular with the cities movers and shakers ;) .

Dave

Testing the AI out of CGC. It is both AI and computer hell as it appears both are being pushed to their limits.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

Dave

Back