Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi & Appalachian WIP

Blog Entries

hey Thai1On can you please imbed a Picture of the L&A logo we want to put it on the engine.-chad and rio.

Hey Thai, thanks for the compliments! Me and Chad are enjoying them. We're excited to hear the upcoming additions to the Levi & Appalachian! As I'm the one working the reskins, Chad is helping me alot with things to add to the reskins. I'm learning alot with the reskins, and researching what should be put on the loco&tender, but, as you said, its looking better. Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you.

I have a number of PSD's of the L&A logo. I'll upload them tomorrow and make them publicly available.

Dave

Blog Entries

theres a issue with your hoppers, apparently you did not format them correctly and the textures cut off ,there are no loads also and you can see through the coal btw

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2055996936
    Last edited by chad608; April 10th, 2020 at 04:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Made it THi1On.

O
    k, V1 of the berks ready, gonna send screenshots as they come.-chad

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

As I said before, I'm going to do a Berkshire similar to those used by the Boston and Albany rather than the NKP style ones from 1934, any thoughts?

Blog Entries

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2056274697

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2056274449

yeah actually, i like the idea of using a B&A as a basis, but you gotta think about practicality. with the B&A Berks, they where made for mix traffic in the north while down south it was about power and speed, I also personally think that the B&A berk looks a little ugly in my opinion, plus i think that a berk with those size wheels will not be as practical for the coal these trains need to haul.
    -Chad
    Dumbasses on Trainz

If i where you, try like a little known Berk L&N or a Norfolk & Southern berk.
    Last edited by oknotsen; April 12th, 2020 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Merged 3 posts made within minutes; please use edit next time

Blog Entries

Where would I find a good mesh to reskin one? I might still try a B&A Berkshire, like what if the L&A modified it to suit them better?

Blog Entries

My idea is that they are like the N&W so the shop build them, so there suited to their needs, them being a southern railroad, they wouldn't put a superheater up top like that they would put it in the boiler like a everyone else would with the built in design, your best bet for a L&N "Big emma" would be this one guys I found on facebook, but its payware and in my opinion a little sketch you'll find them if you search up "L&N Big M1 Trainz" the Norfolk & Southerns what I call a "Baby Berk" and pretty small. at a glance if you had cataracts they look the same, but your best bet is what we did with using that freeware polar express on K&L (btw im thinking the builders plates blue and like a lima plate, its built in Norwood btw.)
    - Chad & Rio
    Dumbasses on Trainz

Blog Entries

I'd rather not use a movie train for the L&A. How could I justify using the B&A design?

Blog Entries

well, if you want to use a B&A beerk, do a route for the north, if you brought a B&A berk over those rails it wouldnt be practical unless its for passenger, even with that people would call it ugly.

i dont want to sound like a dumbass foamer but you gotta think practicality, the L&A would most likely want something for both coal and passenger. and the B&A berk isnt built for either.

i've had issues with the caboose, its lights never go off even on the side coupled, and the sides disapear whenever i enter the cabooses interior. and we also need those hoppers fixed asap.
    Last edited by oknotsen; April 12th, 2020 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Merged 3 posts made in a limited time without replies in between; please use edit next time

Blog Entries

Though there is nothing stopping me from attempting a B&A style L&A berk?

She looks good outside of the light color of the strip over and under the name. Go with something darker. Another idea for the L&A berks is a fast passenger and fast freight version. I could see a B&A version with the feedwater heater up front as it has a beefier look as the other has cleaner line more a kin to classic L&A crack passenger service.

With that being said are there any B&A berks available. The L&A would snap them up right away!

Dave
    Last edited by Thai1On; April 11th, 2020 at 10:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Heres the Thing Shebashetan, There probebly exists a B&A berk on trainz, but its on a sketchy indian website, the truth is, the closest your getting is a general berk (or "Movie" you call them.)

so me and Rio where thinking of another project and hes been really wanting this, so if you remember in the 70's the Clinch brought out a ten wheeler for publicity stuff, we both want to do something similar for the L&A but with a 4-4-0 American. our plan is to find stuff on Trainz forge and kit bash a few things. our issue Thai1On is what is the line it was from, our idea was its a shortline from Pigeon forge, TN to Spartanburg, SC. were gonna make it have a crappy f7b or 2 painted navy blue like your angel btw, engine might be plain but will have stuff for that railroad swallowed by the L&A.
    Regards
    Chad & Rio
    Dumbasses on Trainz
    Last edited by oknotsen; April 12th, 2020 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Merged 2 posts made within minutes; please use edit next time