Levi & Appalachian WIP

How likly is it that the L&A buys engines from other railroads? (Lemons or not)

Last edited:
Dave, what numbering, nickname and classification do you have in mind for my 2-8-0? As a freight hauler, it would have to be in the thousands number range. How about 1001?

Dave, what numbering, nickname and classification do you have in mind for my 2-8-0? As a freight hauler, it would have to be in the thousands number range. How about 1001?

That works for me. How about the C class locomotive.

Chad608 The L&A never knew of a steam locomotive they didn't like or try to buy. Part of the story will go as the L&A was becoming a major railroad in the south the northern lines were trying to limit competition by conspiring with many of the locomotive builders to not sell the L&A any new locomotives. The L&A resorted to after buying a shortline instead of selling off their equipment the railroad kept them, rebuilt them, and used them. It wasn't until the early 20 century before the L&A had enough clout to woo the major locomotive builders to supply them with new locomotives. Even to this day the L&A buyers can still be found at scrap auctions picking up new projects. As one railfan said "I think the L&A stands for Literally Anything" because you never know what kind of locomotive the company will put on the rails and slap their name on the side.

Dave

ngl thats adorable, but even with that would love to hear the full backstory of its conception. would probobly inspire something along the way tbh. (chairmen, workers, all that good stuff.)

So, somethings been going through my head, for that L&A 2-8-8-2 is it a T1O or a Y6b? idk on the DLS I see the T1O interior and the engine itself being a Y6, don't know it confuses me tbh.

Caboose

will you ever release another caboose? idk feels a little weird using a new haven caboose when the L&A would probobly have some based on a N&W caboose.

will you ever release another caboose? idk feels a little weird using a new haven caboose when the L&A would probobly have some based on a N&W caboose.

Bill Klene of K&L Trainz did a custom caboose for the L&A and is the designer of the L&A logo. I'll ask him if is is OK to release them.

The L&A would reach Atlanta and that would be another major hub for the line.

Dave

All we need is for them to take time out of their schedule to help make engines/rolling stock and your routes golden.

Now, this really isnt too much a deal in my book but me and Rio where gonna redo a Stripe and wanted to know which is more prototypical a Greenbriar?
614-5.jpg

or a Stripe?
ncstl576.jpg

So, lately i've had issies with the J class, its a little outdated and feels it needs work, 1. it's assets need a update, if you zoom out the enignes wheels stop moving, 2. needs markers, on the DLS most newer made ones have the marker lights and so far, hasnt did me wrong, maybe some new bogeys (so piolot wheels are smooth and not spoke like older models). now this is just me but i'd like to see someone give it a doghouse like alot of other j class irl had.
NW01078.jpg

just wondering, when are you gonna release the Angel? you mentioned it a long time ago but never released it or its coaches

Looks as though they're going to be a personal reskin unless I can get permission. Not to say if I can find some others that can be reskinned and released I'll jump it. If you have any recommendations of good candidates let me know.

Dave

actually you wouldn't have to do much, msgsapper fixed some of the stuff, gave it working markers too, see if you can borrow it. all you'd really have to do ia paste the preveious design over it then maybe touch up the paint (please keep the paint how it is with the gray and black, looks killer.)

Last edited:
well, if not me and Rio are planning on updating it actually, by putting a city on it's cab, new number (what should it be, somewhere in the early 300's) and maybe fixing the purple streaks on the banner (city of Memphis) and that fabled Whistlin' Pig I keep talking about,

Saluda

little thing thats bothered me about the L&A is that the angel would have to cut through Saluda to get to charlston, now idk about you but i can only see that turbine thing you made running it all the way to i want to say ashville, then switching to a j class, sorry but its physically not possible the experimental turbne you made can go up and down saluda.

Back