Levi & Appalachian WIP

Y'all may not be intersted but I made a spotify playlist for your route, and idk I think I found its mood. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2qke01oxoiEDIKxtZkaNfh?si=p0IrYAXZTu-wobFw1Ke1GQ

[/FONT]

So, I see now that we probobly wont get to that 4-4-0, Shebashetan can you please take over, idea was that its like the Clinch no.1 but its a black little 4-4-0 with outdated navy blue f7bs. it's still lettered with the older railroads name: Rocky Top & Carolina (bootleg Clinch) that was swallowed up by the L&A and serves as publicity. Also we at Dumbasses on trainz have tried to contact the Backshops about using there 2900 (after carefully deciding Rio twisted me into us using a ATSF 2900 and ol' Ben Neals VGN 2-6-6-6 tender.) and will hopfully get to make it public.

2020-04-21_180601.jpg

Kinda unrelated, but I did a major reskin/minor kitbash of Ben Neal's USRA 4-8-2 to cover a 1940s/50s version of the Southern Railways Ts-1 class light Mountains. It would fit the region of the L&A.

im in love with southern engines so i kinda got a kink for them but tbh I'd love to see you try to make southern engines (part of me whishes on Todd Howard someone will make a Southen 2716 out of ochemys kanawha, which tbh I think would double back to the L&A because my other vision for a L&A berk is the K-3 is the same in design as 2716.)

So, were almost done with the Rocky top, i'll send screenshots as they come, just remember the tenders a little off on purpose because its meant to be like a repurposed tender (most likely from a defunct shortline). we just gotta get the word from trainman to make it public.

Last edited:
Hey Thai1On, wanted to see if you got the package we (almost having a Fuccin' mental breakdown fixing .im files too) sent last night got through had the newer freight tender.

so, amidst our work on the L&A me and Rio stopped what we where doing and want to make a whistle, we plan on using a Southern PS4 Hancock, but we need a good sounding one, something like ol' Purdy had back in the day, Baritone and orgasmic. now we don't got a nickname but, would appreciate something catchy (something the shops would give it).

I don't see it fitting into what I'm doing. Of course I released the L&A to see what other people came up with.

Dave

L&AHS

I don't see it fitting into what I'm doing. Of course I released the L&A to see what other people came up with.

Dave
oh, I figured that there would still be first gen desiels by the time its set, anyways we've also been working on stuff and thought about how a L&AHS (Levi & Appalachian Historical Society) would work because we've been working on some stuff for weird little wet dream. because so far we've been thinking that the L&AHS hosts most evens in conjunction with the railroad that the company merged with (something like how NS became) like they primarily help with the santa trains and Halloween trains around the Route.

So im trying to think of a way theres a F unit involed? idk i was thinking that the L&A had a A B B A unit as a demo unit that did coal but didnt preform as well as the steamers. but was still kept around but rarely used. being that its barley marked either.

Busy Bees

So, me & Rio have been busy little bees with a few things here and there and talked, aside from the F unit and santa (being half compleated, for now.) we were gonna put that 4-4-0 back on the map, we also are gonna try to see if we can make a proper L&A berk a K-3 with the base of a Kanawha (like Southern 2716) from the base game, we also have talked about a little idea of making the "Big John" (Thai's y6 with big john under its cab like on 611). with all that's going on we both wanna try to make a website, may happen now or never but, we plan on BIG plans that me and Rio have been hard at work at, idk we could both use help so we decided to make a discord for the L&A and little updates or two that we will post often.
here is the link
https://discord.gg/PPKMqc

So, Thai1On you remember the obs you made for the L&A? me and Rio made a business car inspired by your one obs, that was passed around the railroad for executive purposes.

So Thia1On me and Rio have been thinking and wanted this sorted out (this is if it was a real railroad and in our timeline btw.) how would the L&A turn out from 1968 to present day? Would it merge like how NS or CSX is or would it survive like KCS? idk its just this thing me and Rio have always wondered and wanted to see if it can become better than it can in essence.

The early history of the L&A was like many, it bought it's way to the top. One of the best purchases (one of many) was buying control of the Memphis & Charleston RR. This is what have the L&A access to a major seaport and later Zeppelin port and gave rise of their flagship passenger train Angel of the Winds a.k.a. The Angel. So in '68 in a steampunk type of world I would see some of the first generation "diesels" coming out. Of course they would probably be hydrogen powered but still an internal combustion engine. I also see the railroads working to make sure like the expressway system never gets built and travel by airplane is dangerous and refers back to numerous crashes that took the lives of some famous people. That being said many of the famous fallen flag railroads wouldn't have fallen. So lines like the NYC, PRR, B&O, and C&O to name a few would still be active. Fictional lines like the L&A along with the LE&E would be there in the fight too.

Dave

Interesting. If possible, could I please hear a full backstory of the steampunk L&A and an overview of the steampunk world itself? I'd be patient enough to read the information.

2020-05-03_120953.jpg

More of a proof of concept, but I'm kitbashing Ben Neal's 2-8-0M into a Levi & Appalachian 2-8-0. The tender is placeholder.

Back