Levi & Appalachian WIP

I'm not so sure about those two things, it appears that the geometry of the tender would cause the letters to be distorted, though I can darken the six axle trucks to match the tender color.

not really ive done it to my works its only like that place on the pic, it doesn't distort, atleast for me

hey shebashetan, you think its possible to make a L&A Mastadon? idk why but i'd love to have a 4-8-0 like the N&W and think it would be great for switching/yard work.

All of the good ones are payware and the one freeware pack is now no longer available, though I'd love to see a good 4-8-0 too. I might try the freeware one and get in contact with the creator to release it once I'm done though.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of K&L Trainz. Many of the L&A's locomotives are reskins from Steve's company. If I'm allowed I will make the reskin files available. Again ONLY if Steve Ok's it.

Dave

K&L involvement

I got a idea Thai1On, maybe you can talk to K&L about making assets for the L&A. not sure how we can try to start stuff as a partnership with them but I want to see if we can get Steve or somebody else on the K&L roster, maybe JR could help too (But that's probably pushing it) idk I would like to see if we can get professionals opinions on the route/rolling stock. but I want ot see some new hands helping your route and the rest of it.

so I need help, i've been reconsidering the 4-8-4 name. I can't choose between it being a "Rocky Top" or a "Big Granddaddy". which should I choose.

so I need help, i've been reconsidering the 4-8-4 name. I can't choose between it being a "Rocky Top" or a "Big Granddaddy". which should I choose.

Rocky Top. 'Cause that's the name of the song played by the University of Tennessee's Pride of the Southland Band whenever the football team scored a touchdown, and I've been a Tennessee fan my whole life, even though I've spent most of my life in Georgia. And both my mom and dad graduated from the University of Tennessee's Knoxville Campus.

hey thai1On whatever happened to that C&O Obs you put on the Ds, apperently you took it down, personally I think its perfect for a L&A Obs, maybe a new General von Stuben.

So, channel 10 came out to the shops and did a report on the upcoming fundraiser for the 1999 to be restored, and also had 685 for publicity in the report too.:)
FEB88757EE2DA9A4E989046788E9F8C0FB678427

yes, the L&A is in a sorta semi-steampunk universe like what thai1on has set up, but im taking a little libertys with that where my vision is that the L&A is in our world and runs like any other class 1, basically my idea is that this is like what it would look like irl after the process of desielization. I love the idea of thai1ons work but tbh, I feel the idea of the L&A works great on its own plus, it lets me have a creative spin on what he did. now this pic was meant to represent like 1987 or something when the L&A Historical Society (L&AHS) was raising money to restore the 4-8-4 Rocky Top no. 1999. keep in mind my idea is theres 2 worlds (not to be a Chris Chan about this lore btw) 1. our world, 2.is thai1ons semi-steampunk world. hope I didn't make it too confusing, lol.

Last edited:
Probably this week hopefully.

2020-04-20_211259.jpg

L&A Cf "Cumberland" class 2-8-2 #7019 in action
Do you think 7019 has a little Clinchfield vibe to it?

Last edited:
I like it, doesnt look bad, but also been thinking, I love the headlight, if i had a reccomendation i'd say instead mount the headlight on a plow like a N&W or c&o engine, but thats a little nit pic, it looks fine as it is, fine as cream gravy.

I could do that as a secondary variant, maybe for a second batch of 2-8-2s, though I'm not sure if I have parts I could take to do that. Fine idea either way!

Back