Multiplayer

PilgrimJ

Hi
I have just downloaded Philskenes Downtown TractionCo TS12 MultiPlayer Session 1 when i try to run it i get this Message [ The selected session cannot currently be used for Multiplayer the session the route or some dependencies are not built in and are not available on the Download Station]
Abort session Load
I have checked and have no missing dependencies in the route or session anyone no what the problem is

PilgrimJ

Hi
I have just downloaded Philskenes Downtown TractionCo TS12 MultiPlayer Session 1 when i try to run it i get this Message [ The selected session cannot currently be used for Multiplayer the session the route or some dependencies are not built in and are not available on the Download Station]
Abort session Load
I have checked and have no missing dependencies in the route or session anyone no what the problem is

PilgrimJ

mine does the same thing i have no idea why, its with that same route as well

This just means that the creator of the route used some items that he may of gotten from other sites. So they may not be on the DLS for everyone to grab. Usually if you dont have something in a route and try to play it will auto download it and you will be good to go, but for this route it looks like not everything is on the DLS, so you or others can't download the items.

No, it SOMETIMES means the creator used assets from 3rd party websites, in which case it will never work for multiplayer. Usually the problem is the N3V servers, when you start multiplayer it has to check the database on the N3V server to compare what you have installed to what it thinks you should have installed, when that fails you get that error message.

In the case of that session;

DowntownDiesel Co TS12 Multiplayer,<kuid:387111:100112>

I played it a couple weeks ago, and except for two assets that it needed to "revert" the session ran okay with three of us. If it worked then and doesn't work now, the most likely explanation is that N3V is fixing something on the DLS or whatever server that "perfect match" for multiplayer tester is located on, so wait a week or two and it should work again without having to do anything.

No, it SOMETIMES means the creator used assets from 3rd party websites, in which case it will never work for multiplayer. Usually the problem is the N3V servers, when you start multiplayer it has to check the database on the N3V server to compare what you have installed to what it thinks you should have installed, when that fails you get that error message.

In the case of that session;

DowntownDiesel Co TS12 Multiplayer,<kuid:387111:100112>

I played it a couple weeks ago, and except for two assets that it needed to "revert" the session ran okay with three of us. If it worked then and doesn't work now, the most likely explanation is that N3V is fixing something on the DLS or whatever server that "perfect match" for multiplayer tester is located on, so wait a week or two and it should work again without having to do anything.
Thanks for all replyes i hope your right Sniper297 i realy like Philskenes Routes and Sessions

I get the same error and i know that everything is built-in or from the down load station.
Why do i get the same massage.
The route i'm refurring to is my route USA-CSX.

Two items;

1. I just now checked, assets that were built into TS2010 AND NOT built into TS12 were posted on the DLS last spring. Many had a problem, arriving with the "locally modified" tag which the multiplayer check 'bot doesn't like.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=78422

Just now checked, the fix is in progress, downloading three assets on the faulty "locally modified" list they now download and install without the green triangle. Someone from N3V would need to confirm, but my guess is repairs are in progress and it should clear up in a day or two.

Item 2: For multiplayer ALL assets must be built in or on the DLS long enough for the content manager to update so it sees the new assets on the DLS. This includes the session itself, so for a new multiplayer session to work, you set it up, test, and add the multiplayer rule as the very last thing - once the multiplayer rule is added to the session it's no longer playable until you upload it to the DLS, then wait the 24-48 hours for it to appear in content manager as a downloadable asset.

Back