Trinz 2006

chrisennever

Can anyone tell me what is going on withTrainz 2006 web page? I click on all the headings and nothing happens. I have a few questions I would like to ask, but there is no response when I click on Forum for instance.
I am rather dissapointed with Trainz 2006 especially the sounds that we are supposed to hear. For example, when I go to sound the horn or whistle, I can barely hear it. I run this program on a very fast comuter with a very fast video card, so I know that my system is not the problem. Also in some routes in Driver, the locomotive is very "Micky Mouse" with absolutly no detail whatsoever, the drivers cab is blank! What is happening here, I was hoping that it would be better than Trains 2004, as that program was excellent. Can I expect a few more patches in the future to put right some of these problems?:(

Hi,

Just tried the 2006 web page and everything seems to working fine here. Have you tried just hovering your mouse over the forum headings on the left so the sub menus appear.....

With regard to sound issues if you go into the "Control Panel" select "Sound & audio devices" followed by selecting "advanced " in the "Speaker settings " and then select "Performance" and finally lower the Hardware performance settings by one notch followed by "Apply" etc. can cure sound problems for some folks. Just a suggestion.

Not sure about the "Micky Mouse" problem without more details I'm afraid.

Cheers, Paul

Hi chrisennever,

The 2006 website is mainly to provide info on TRS 2006, this forum is the place to seek answers.

The sound issue is well documented, and varies with different systems, unfortunately what you hear is what you get :rolleyes:

"Mickey Mouse' locos ... some of the 2006 routes were made by different groups who submitted the content for their particular routes, perhaps they felt that was the most appropriate loco for that route :eek:

AFIIK SP1 is the only patch at present, there are thousands of assets on the download station, including some excellent locos... take a look :)

Oh ya ... click on my sig for a collection of surveyor toolz and other stuff :D

Back