Trainz Simulator keeps crashing...Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lights0ut56

Hello. I'm new to the forum and neep help in fixing a problem with the Trainz Simulator 2009: World Builded Editionwith it crashing or closing. I just recently installed this game for my son and after playing with it for a few minutes it would close or crash and it would give this message:

Runtime error
R6025
pure virtual function call

Any information anyone can help me in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated by me and my almost 5 year old son. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm new to the forum and neep help in fixing a problem with the Trainz Simulator with it crashing or closing. I just recently installed this game for my son and after playing with it for a few minutes it would close or crash and it would give this message:

Runtime error
R6025
pure virtual function call

Any information anyone can help me in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated by me and my almost 5 year old son. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums and to Trainz! Sorry to hear of your issues and hopefully one or all of us can help you solve your problems and be up and running soon.

Now to help us with your problem, it would be helpful if you could post the specifications of your machine's hardware such as your video card, processor, memory, hard drive space, etc.

The reason I ask this is because our recommendations will be based on what your hardware is. A laptop for example may, or may not - usually will not, run the program at all. A desktop with an old processor and a built-in video card will not run this at all or barely at all, but we don't know that so we can't tell which direction to lead you in.

Which version of Windows, or are you running on a Mac?

What version of Trainz do you have? Again an older version has different requirements and the help path is a bit different. The newer ones install differently also depending upon which version of Windows you have.

And finally, to really help you, you must register your software up on Planet Auran in addition to entering in the serial number into the program. Without your registration, which is shown here as well by the station dot and route line, you'll receive the most minimal support if any at all.

John

Which version of Trainz, and what are your system specs? Lower left corner of the desktop, click the Start button, then Run, type dxdiag in the run window to bring up DX diagnostics which will tell you the operating system, video card, how much RAM, and the CPU type and speed. Example;

Model: Dell DXP051
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 512.0 MB
NVIDIA Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5721

Sound: SigmaTel Audio
sthda.sys Driver Version: 5.10.4823.0000

Hard Drive: Maxtor 6L160M0 147.8 GB

* McAfee Anti-virus
* McAfee Personal Firewall

That's my system, bare minimum for the latest versions of Trainz. I have constant freezing problems in TS2010 surveyor when changing tabs, that along with the system specs tells the troubleshooter everything he needs to know, mainly that I can't fix my problem without finding a lot of money for a new system. :'(

Depending on which version of Trainz you have, you might get more info from trainzdiag.exe, example, in windows explorer I browse to;

C:\Auran\TS12\bin\TrainzDiag.exe

Double click on that file (or if you have Windows 7 or Vista right click and run as administrator) and see what that says.

R6025 is a Visual C++ code error that could mean anything, including a corrupted install of whatever program triggers it or corrupted windows system files. Got enough money to throw at the problem I would advise calling Geek Squad, whatever you do don't fall for one of them online "Scan for windows errors FREE!" scams.

Here's the info I got. Hope this helps

Hello. It's Trainz Simulator 2009 and I just bought it online last week.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.110617-0336)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6000 (GA374UA#ABA)
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLv
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 1896MB used, 2416MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 950
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_30BB103C&REV_03
Display Memory: 256 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 256 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1437 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/11/2008 19:36:08, 3301376 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-64E2-11CF-1176-B110A2C2CA35}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x27A2
SubSys ID: 0x30BB103C
Revision ID: 0x0003
Revision ID: 0x0003
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Last edited:
Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family Family

Integrated graphics for modern video games are generally hopeless, any laptop requires twice the horsepower of an equivalent desktop to give the same game performance. The CPU is hopeless too, but might be okay for TS2009. My opinion you need a desktop instead of a laptop, and one with a real video card. I could be wrong, but my guess is if you tinker with it long enough to get it to actually run on that system the performance would be dismal at best.

Other train simulator also installed in my laptop

We also have Rule the Rail installed in this laptop and it has never crashed. Should I just return this package then? What would you suggest?

I mean is there something I can download to make it work? My boy is in love with these types of train simulators and was excited about this one because it had BNSF, Amtrak and Union Pacific. Is there any other version of trainz simulator that would have those trains that would work with my laptop? Again, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Joy

I don't know if you can return opened software, but you could click the Helpdesk link at the top of the page and give it a try. And no, there's nothing you can download to make an old slow laptop run like a newer desktop. As for Rule the Rails, the fact that it runs on that system doesn't mean anything for modern games, a quick google search shows this;

Rule the Rails minumum specs

Operating systems Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Additional requirements 1GHz CPU, 500 MB free HDD, 512MB RAM, 64MB video card, DirectX 9.0c

Trainz TS2009
MINIMUM SPEC

Pentium IV 2.2GHz (or equivalent)
1GB RAM
64MB 3D Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce2 or equivalent)
Windows XP Service Pack 3
1024x768 display resolution

The hardware and operating system minimum requirements for Rule the Rails are a lot lower, in fact will actually run on Windows 98SE and Windows ME, which have been obsolete for years. Minimum CPU speed for TS2009 is 2.2ghz, you have 1.7ghz, not even close. For Rule the Rails it's well over the minimum 1ghz.

If you can find a copy of TRS2004, that should run;

MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Pentium III 733MHz Processor
256MB RAM
32MB nVidia GeForce Class Video Card
DirectX compatible Sound Card
DirectX 9.1
8X CD-ROM Drive

Last edited:
If you can find an older version like TRS2004, you might have better luck with your hardware. Unfortunately it is not sold officially any more but it might be found in remainder bins. Just be sure that it is unopened and has never been registered, not always obvious, because it can only be registered once!

Other than that, there is not much that can be done, given your hardware. Trainz is known to be very demanding on your hardware, especially the graphics card. Remember, it is drawing a complete 3D world, 360 degrees around your position. That is an awful lot of data to push out to your monitor.

LightsOut:

I hate to see a child disappointed. If you click on my name to go to my profile, you can then send me an E Mail with your address, and I will send to you an un-opened Trainz 2004, that has never been registered at no cost to you. It is the original version and will require some patches to get it up to the last build, but it is factory fresh.

Thank you!

LightsOut:

I hate to see a child disappointed. If you click on my name to go to my profile, you can then send me an E Mail with your address, and I will send to you an un-opened Trainz 2004, that has never been registered at no cost to you. It is the original version and will require some patches to get it up to the last build, but it is factory fresh.

Thanks. My son would really appreciate it and so would I. My email address is jjaplit13@hotmail.com. Thanks again.

I have copied your E Mail address, but you should have followed my directions instead. You should remove your address from the post you made, lest you be mobbed by spam bots now.:(

I may be able to help out with the c++ error, as I helped another user not too long ago with it.

There are a few other threads on this subject - search for R6025 using the forum search facility.

Shane

EDIT: At this point, I would advise running a virus scan, and getting a tool like CCleaner, as the registry can be a source of errors like that.

Also check if there are any patches for your version, as one of these may solve the problem.

Last edited:
R6025 error

I have had this problem in the last few days, and traced it to a new consist added to the layout, when the consist exited through the portal the simulation ceased functioning and I got the error message. Replacing the 40 class diesel on the consist with a 37 cleared the error and everything works correctly. Watch what is happening when the simulation crashs and see if you can find a similar faulty item:)

Lest I be besmirched in the future, I never received an E Mail from the OP, and never received a response to the one I sent. It may have ended up in his psam folder, since he likely receives a good amount of it...:(

trainz mac sim won't work

hi, i have trainz mac simulator. bought it last year. worked great for a few months now it keeps crashing every time i open. called apple and they have no idea what the problem is. did every test i could. even updated. no luck.please help!!

mac mini 2011
4 gb ram
500 gb hd
snow leopard 10.7.4

crash reads.....

rocess: Trainz [317]
Path: /Applications/Trainz.app/Contents/Resources/Trainz.app/Contents/MacOS/Trainz
Identifier: com.n3vgames.trainz
Version: ??? (1.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [130]

Date/Time: 2012-06-14 16:18:52.175 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 1733 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 3
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 400 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 3
Anonymous UUID: C4C742F1-7505-406C-8457-CC3B3AFEC92D

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[317]: garbage collection is OFF
abort() called
terminate called throwing an exception

Not an expert here but has anybody like Shane noticed that Lightsout56 system details say he is is running DirectX 11. Does he not need to install DirectX 9.0C from Microsoft? Also have you tried to run it in both DirectX and OpenGL since sometime one of them works and the other does'nt.

Scottish

I'm suprised that I didn't comment on that at the time, but I do not know if the OP still uses the forum, gauging by the post dates.

Lights0ut56: If you do read this, check your DirectX version, and use my sticky thread in this forum to update it.

Shane

Sorry, I did not realise that this was an old thread reactivated yesterday about an unrelated mac problem.

Scottish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back