Michigan Route Buildiers

BDP

Searchlight Studios
:) Looking for route builders that live in Michagan and are willing to help make michigan routes.

Regaurds
BDP

Well, what I would like to do as a long-term project would be to make the now-torn up line that went from Indiana north through Allegan, Hopkins, Dorr, and the other small towns in the area, then have it continue north, that way I would be able to run trains around where I live.

MRB

:) Yes there is there is 4 but they are down by detroit and the surrounding areas. I meant Western Michigan,Northern Michigan and The Upper Pennuisla:cool:

Yes! I would love to have some West Michigan routes. The problem is that there are not many rail lines until you get up to GR and the areas surrounding. Like I said before, I wish we could make or get a 1950's route so that we could have rail lines like NYC in the rural areas. I just with I could be as lucky as one of my grandpa's, when he was a kid the NYC main line pretty much ran through his back yard.

cool the Great lakes central railroad runs throught my Aunt Claire's back yard orinaly the Ann Arbor. An Maybe the Marquette rail in Ludington to GR
about 1960's with the C&O:eek:

:) Yes there is there is 4 but they are down by detroit and the surrounding areas. I meant Western Michigan,Northern Michigan and The Upper Pennuisla:cool:

I got one going that goes from Franz ON to SSAM so far....and I am making it going to reach Escanaba...Does that count???

Look at my WCL Shotz topic....I have a few pix in there from that route :wave:

Sorry I didn't know, as you can see by my avatar I am more of a southwestern railfan.

There's The Yupper that wawasoo is working on set in the UP. He has a thread in the Screenshots forum with many screenshots.
His last post was September 1st. It's a great looking route.

Last edited:
Well I'm over on the east side of the state in Flint, (well actually grand blanc), and I have recently been working on modeling the 1 1/2" scale White Creek Railroad over by Cedar Springs. Right now I got the trackwork about 80% done, its all laid just going through and ballasting and replacing the switches with andi06's Animated Junctions.

The route is 7.5 actual miles, while my route in trainz is in the 40-50 mile range from Reed Lake to 3 mile Island. I'll be starting a thread here shortly with screens.

Here's the track plan
MAP_01_01_2005.gif

What sort of routes are you thinking. I live in MI, and I'd like to see the TSBY, now GLC, in TRS. Or maybe some old PM.

If any one makes any pure Pere Marquette route, I'll name my first born after you.

Yes the GLC will do. I live in Alma. I just got back from riding in GLC 396 to Osmer and Back:cool:

Nice. Id like to, and have tired to, build the TSBY shops in Owosso and include the SRI site. But that was back in TRS 06 when I could half way get base bored to work. Back when Google maps of the area where not the best.

Bump.

Been doing some light research on a few MI based roads, namely Pere Marquette. And now I want to build PM's Wyoming Yard near Grand Rapids.

Started to do some work on CSX's Wyoming yard.

Jib228_20110921_0000.jpg

Still a long ways off. Then I might try to back date it to when PM owned the yard.

I'm in the duce here & am willing to go out to get pics and info around in my area, which would be Annie (AARR) NS Michigan Line, and GLC. There was someone making part of the GLC and had gotten as far south as A2, I'm a passenger person my self & so didn't pay to much attention to how far he got.

peter

Back