Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Trainz

Hi keimei-san.
    Personally I prefer the use of series, but I'm not sure of which is better or more correct. Since here in the US our trains(locos to be specific) have their own letter-number designations instead of Class *** or Series ***. Such as GP38-2, GP50, SD40-2, and SD70ACe for EMD, and B30-8, C40-9W, ES40DC, and ES44AC for GE.

But, seeing as this thread is about the trains of Japan I do believe that "kei" would be the most appropriate word.

Cheers!

Thanks trainman184-san and Hi all
    Another train type working in Japan is diesel car(DMUs). They are leading thier acts in non-electrified lines. The followings are a little bit old pics. Some of them are already retired.

kiha181s Limited Express 'Hamakaze'. (June 2004, Osaka station)

kiha181s Limited Express 'Hamakaze' in west-JR color on Amarube Viaduct (Aug.2005)

kiha40 series kiha47s local train (Sep.2006 Sanin line)

kiha54 Shikoku type in stainless body (Oct.2005 Oboke station)

kiha(キハ) means...
    ki(キ) < kidousha(気動車) = diesel car
    ha(ハ) = the third letter of the Iroha(イロハ) < the third class (normal class)
    Thanks.

does steam still operating in japan
    CORE I5 6500 >GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER B7>24GB VENGANCE LPX>EVGA GTX 1070 SC>COOLER MASTER COSMOS SE>KINGSTAON 240GB SSD*SEAGATE ITB>

Oh yes! I gonna talk about the 'Umekoji Steam Locomotive Museum'. There are a lot of steam locos and some of them provide daily operation. Plus, Class C57/C56 is working in main line as "Yamaguchi-go".
    I strongly recommend to visit Umekoji when you would go to Japan. There are all of Japanese steam engines. I will write more about Umekoji some other day. Thanks.

Umekoji official site(in English)
    http://www.mtm.or.jp/uslm/eng/

C62(Shirokuni) A Go!

you seems to be steam fan
    CORE I5 6500 >GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER B7>24GB VENGANCE LPX>EVGA GTX 1070 SC>COOLER MASTER COSMOS SE>KINGSTAON 240GB SSD*SEAGATE ITB>

Default Umekoji 2

Hi all. Here are some pics I took at Umekoji. There are many steam locos. You can watch, touch and measure them to make 3D models

C51 close-up.

D51 during maintenance.

DE10 loco on the turntable.

Prepare for a daily operation(class 8620)

cheers!

Slight bump...

Being interested in Japanese train simming after buying numerous Densha de Go games, SL de Ikou and of course BVE, I noticed there are several Kiha railcars on the DLS. Unfortunately these are all showing red in TS12 and can't be placed in a route (haven't checked TS2010). Any chance of the author fixing/updating, please? It's not an area where I have much expertise or knowledge.

Blog Entries

Which one(s) are causing you problems. I just downloaded JNR kiha22 and am looking at it in TS12 as I type. No errors or warnings.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 105100, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Hi, Vern.
    Is that mine? I made several kihas, but some of them are rather old version, no interior no shadow. That causes error I guess.

Extract from my CMP:

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/23881/kihas.jpg

None of these will place in TS12.

However, I will try the 22 - thanks Martin.

Update: Just tried the Kiha 22 and 28, these both place okay.
    Last edited by Vern; January 4th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Hello there. Here are some Japanese scene pics. I hope they help your Japanese route making

Over-track station; typical sub-urban scene. Because there are no area for the station, the building has come over the tracks.

RR Xing at Shin-Osaka station.

Akihabara. Sobu line on the elevated track.

Cheers.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Rochester

Nice pictures, Keimei. I spy a "Club Sega" in the last picture.

Okey another Akihabara pic.

Shrine among buildings(in Osaka)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Rochester

Marvelous, I must visit someday.

Now that Taito's Densha de Go and the even older Tomy SL-de-Ikou are largely history, it would be nice to reproduce some of our favourite routes in Trainz - mine probably being the Morioka to Omagari "mini" Shinkansen across the mountains. However there are a few handicaps to producing Japanese routes, the most obvious being how Trainz handles tunnels. Many Japanese routes have alot of tunnels and snowsheds. The spline type with limited positoning don't really cut it and the dighole method only really works in certain situations, i.e. shallow tunnels or where the entrance matches the vertex being blanked.

In terms of mapping it can be a challenge, thinking of Transdem overlays, Open Street Map doesn't show where the tunnels are and Google Maps don't have much information on them. There is an unofficial overlay for Google Earth which displays a topographic map but I haven't been able to figure any easy way of getting this into Transdem other than taking screen dumps, stitching together in PSP and manually georeferencing.

However I will continue working on ideas in between my other projects.