Not open for further replies.

ivantr

Sdrawkcab ni gnitirw
Hi everyone.
After 2 days of work i have made those things

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Everybody knows they.
But now i want to finish they and make a good texture work and a LOD Script.
Is my first creation so i dont know nothing of trainz exportation or implementation in trainz and i ask if can someone help me with this. Ill be very gratefull.
And another thing
The model now have 6000 Polys. Is ok or is very high???

Greetings
Ivan

Those look great, ivantr! I'm no expert, but 6000 polys seems high to me. I live next to the Metra tracks, if you need pictures, let me know, and I can get them out to you in a week or so...

6000 is OK with LOD but what program did you use to make it?

It HAS to be 3DS Max. Because of the extra smooth radius, and black background. Gmax, cant take that much.

PS, ivantr, great work! I cant wait till it's released! Also, how could 6000 plys be a problem? Maybe graphics issues?

Last edited:
Animated doors = Pain in the @$^.

Looks like a great start. Some detail shot should help shape up the final product. My only hope is for more than Metra.

Cheers,
Joshua

Hey thanks to all for the comments.
Yes, the cabcar has been modeled in 3dsmax Trial Version of 30 days and if the program looks good for me i will bought it.
@tycoonk4 i like a limit of 12.000,18.000 polys, sounds good :hehe:

And the cabcar and other cars will have Animated doors,animated trucks,night mode, custom cab and other things.
Its my first model but not my first creation. They will be created for my route.
And i will make some other things such as stations, route objects and if i learn more , custom tracks.
And this is not going to be an only cab car. I will make the other metra bilevels ,that can be reskined for caltrain or other companies, and some CNW bi levels and a good Amtrak Surfilners BiLevel

If someone could help me i want to know if someone can help me in things like Interior (photos,drawings) bogeys(drawings), and main body for specs like width and lenght and height.
Now the model is about 30 meters long, 3 meters of width and 4 meters of height.

Thanls for all
Have a good day

Those look great, ivantr! I'm no expert, but 6000 polys seems high to me. I live next to the Metra tracks, if you need pictures, let me know, and I can get them out to you in a week or so...

Yeah they will be very good. Its good to receive a comment from you. Now i only need to make a good metal texture because i dont know how can i get a metal effect with 3dsmax. I dont know nothing of the interiors so one shot of the car side and the interior would be very good.

Thanks buddy
Greetings

Yeah they will be very good. Its good to receive a comment from you. Now i only need to make a good metal texture because i dont know how can i get a metal effect with 3dsmax. I dont know nothing of the interiors so one shot of the car side and the interior would be very good.

Thanks buddy
Greetings

Okay, I'm waiting for a new USB cable for my camera, should be here end of next week, but I'll get the pictures to you.

Here are some updates. The cabcar is almost done. Only needs trucks, and inerior. And the cab has been started this morning and it will be the thing that most time will take. Does someone know how can I flip the Poligons to be visible???

Greetings

Here are some updates. The cabcar is almost done. Only needs trucks, and inerior. And the cab has been started this morning and it will be the thing that most time will take. Does someone know how can I flip the Poligons to be visible???

Greetings

DOYNG!! Nice work on it! Try invert the meshes. Plus, if u are also gonna work on the interior, do u want the seats texture? I have some stored from the Amtrak Pacific Sufliner from my trip last weekend to anahiem.

Last edited:
Yeah i like these cars. I want to make the CNW cabcars to get them as excursion trains. The cab looks like an old subway cab.

Greetings

This is as far as I got before I started working, and ran out of time.

I want to finish my CTA project first, at least trackwork. But once thats done, I am going to construct 1 complete Metra Branch (through Ravenswood and Evanston, possiably all the way to Kenosha) and I need cars and engines to populate it

Bi-LevelCoach.jpg

Your Cab car interior is awesome! Are you planning on making interiors for the commuter cars too? Like with the seats and stuff? That would be amazing!

@kilinger Good work. Looks very good. I could help you if you want. I like metra a lot and other IL RRoads.

@Gameboy900 Thx for the comment. I made a good interior but after a shutdown has been deleted. I have planed interiors for Cabcars,AEM-7,Dash-9 and SD70ace. There are my favourite locomotives. And i have planed to make an interior in the train and set it as a cab. Like some of Alterralexey`s models.

@Tycoonk4 i only have the photo on the shot of the cab. So if anyone haves a photo of the interior or the cab please contact to me

Greetings
Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back