Wabash "Follow The Flag" - Large photos

WAB1189

Pixel Killer
I was looking around on here and I didn't see a thread for the Wabash so I thought I would start one. :)

Wabash SD7's and 9's I've skinned. The Wabash never had any SD7's or 9's but this is one of the schemes they could have had.

6081294507_ea5b1e33f7_b.jpg

Wabash SD7's ready for work.
6081832520_eee27cc746_b.jpg

Jason

Looking good, what program did u use? the nose lines look kinda funky on the bottom pic.

Btw could easy move them colors to a VMD GP unit...

Thanks Kon! I'm using GIMP. I agree the nose line does look funky. That drives me nuts to. When ever I try to make lines like that they look jagged.

I've already started on a GP9 but I have run into a snag. With that much blue the handrails and grabirons all blend in and you can't see them. I'm going to have to weather the engine and thats something I'm just not good at. I wasn't exspecting that when I started it.

Jason

I use Paint Shop Pro 7, its old but once u learn its great.

For weathering make a new layer and set it about 33% visible use a black/dark grey spray can make a few spots then use something that smudges the paint.

on your logos get the surrounding colors and lightly spray little bits..

if ya would like some help send a pm ill see what i can do ill be inside all weekend cause this stupid hurricane

Cool thanks kon! I've been tinkering around with weathering tonight and your tip has helped alot. I'll send you a pm if I can't get this strait lines at angels looking jagged thing worked out.

Keep safe!

Jason

Jason, you can use your gimp shop. Use the airbrush tool, and the largest brush you can get, next use a brown ,black, white, and orangebrown color with the airbrush set to a low percent opacity like 5%. Just go over it several times.

Thanks Andy!

Josh I'll give that a try to. Thank you!

I was thinking about doing another 6 more of these. 3 SD7's with the small fuel tanks and lots of weathering and 3 more 9's with alot of weathering.

Jason

I use Paint Shop Pro 7, its old but once u learn its great.

For weathering make a new layer and set it about 33% visible use a black/dark grey spray can make a few spots then use something that smudges the paint.

on your logos get the surrounding colors and lightly spray little bits..

if ya would like some help send a pm ill see what i can do ill be inside all weekend cause this stupid hurricane

C'mon Kon, you know so much about the tools, but you can't master the "resize" command?

Looking great, I have always liked the Wabash paint scheme. I really like their paint scheme on the Gp7/Gp9s. (It looks really good on a Postwar Lionel 2337)

Thanks gp792! The Wabash blue gray and white scheme is my fav too. I'm working on a B unit in that scheme now.

Jason
I have to many Wabash projects going on! =)

Tony
Yeah I could do one with dynamic brakes but the Wabash never had anything with them that I know of.:)

In 1963 the N&W leased the Wabash with the intent to merge the two railroads. Although the merger wasn't offical until like 91 or 92. Also the Wabash was owned by the Pennsy. Something about they had to shed the Wabash for the PC merger to go through.

Jason

8 Wabash F7B units are now done (#600-607)!

6183565777_4967150e19_b.jpg

Now if I can just get past my nose problem on the A units there will be some of them.

wab695.jpg

That top strip on the nose is giving me fits!!

Jason

Back