Major Tri State Area Project

A short trip over to IRT East 180th Street yard on the 2 & 5 subway line. Due to weekend construction along the Jerome Avenue line, 4 trains have been rerouted onto the 2 and 5 line from Grand Concourse 149th Street to East 180th Street. Shuttle buses will be providing service to Dyre Avenue at this time:cool:. Would anyone know of good streets with sidewalks that I could use for the New York City Area. When I used Trainz 2010, I used the TTR streets but they won't work in TANE.

Hi,

Great work I must say -- Also if I may, at the end of these platforms add a walkover from platform to platform --I've taken this route many times when I live in NYC!

Good Luck
Ish

Thank you rrwaterz and ish6:cool:, I forgot about that part of the station. I am going to add the walkover and barriers or fences at the end of the island platforms.

Thank you Acelejalde and mat976. I really appreciate it. lol, oh no, this doesn't put your NYCTA routes to shame lol :D

I am still gathering the necessary signal plans for you. I have the next week and a half off from work due to vacation and the 4th holiday, so I should be able to send them to you soon!

-A :wave:

P.S. That track map is a godsend. Beats having to have multiple tabs open, and it seems more cohesive and detailed than NYCSubway.org's files.

Awesome Acelejalde, thank you. I agree, it's definitely great to use as I have my laptop display as a second monitor.

First off, excellent project. I live in NY so this hits home.

I am currently doing a freelance NYC subway route but have spent now over a month deliberating over what sort of roads to use... Do you have suggestions? What are you using?

I was searching for something on Google which was unrelated to this but it popped up anyway. Might be the first time I've logged in here in a while. Keep up the impressive work!

I am currently doing a freelance NYC subway route but have spent now over a month deliberating over what sort of roads to use... Do you have suggestions? What are you using?

Search "YARNish" on the DLS for a plethora of items by Streadway; it's what I use on my routes. As a cool cheat, I discovered if you want to make 5, 6, or more lane roads in one direction, simply use the "divided highway" road splines and lay them parallel to each other.

That user also has some cool freeway signs, but I have revamped and made my own which fit nearly every scenario for US highways--they're still in the beta test mode, but should be available soon.

-A :wave:

Thank you rr325:cool:, I would recommend using the YARN roads. I have merged two of the yarn roads together to create a few wide city streets with sidewalks.

I was searching for something on Google which was unrelated to this but it popped up anyway. Might be the first time I've logged in here in a while. Keep up the impressive work!

Thank you BStyles :), slowly but surely making progress on this route. I hope to have more updates on this route soon.

That is great Acelejalde :) There are also the TTR roads but they have to be updated to work in TANE. For some of the YARNish roads, I also kitbashed them to create some wide streets for a few of the city blocks.

Thank you Boing747. I am back at route building. Working on the Metro North Hudson line for now. Here, we have a race between a BN freight and a Metro North express to Poughkeepsie along the Hudson north of Beacon.

Back