Major Tri State Area Project

Thank you Ish6. Right now, I'm constructing the lower level of the 4, 5 and 6 subway lines between 125th street and 116th street. After completing trackage to 116th street, I'll work on the uptown tracks. More screenshots arriving soon :)

Last edited:
Thank you Ish6. Right now, I'm constructing the lower level of the 4, 5 and 6 subway lines between 125th street and 116th street. After completing trackage to 116th street, I'll work on the uptown tracks. More screenshots arriving soon :)

Hi there,

Your screenshot not working, sir!
--Looking forward to seeing your development!

Ish

Sorry about that, it might not show up correctly because after I posted the first screenshot, a couple of minutes afterwards, I edited it and added a second screenshot. I'll repost these screenshots all in one in a couple of days when I get back to my Trainz computer.

Good morning everyone. These are the reposted screenshots. So far, I made progress between 138th street Grand Concourse and 103rd street on the #4, #5 and #6 Lexington Avenue subway lines.So far, the route progress is going good in Trainz 2010. I'll post more screenshots soon.

The left track is for the 6 local downtown train and the right track is for the 4 and 5 trains to run on the downtown local track. The middle track is for the 4 and 5 downtown express trains.

Thanks for the info, sir --
I see that you're using Magic's contents -- Perhaps you have seen the NYCTA thread --

Sometimes connecting Magic's tunnels leave gaps, etc ... so making those items now to fill in those gaps -- I used Magic owns' textures to for blending purposes, and new IRT /BMT interactive platforms!

Ish

That isn't Magic's stuff. That is outdated BDC stuff. Just letting you know

For the most part, in the route, I use the outdated BDC tunnels but to me, it looks nice. In the distance in 2nd screenshot, I use the items from the 3rd version of the tunnels. Since this is in trainz 2010, I can only use the 3rd version of the 1 track tunnels and the tunnel parts. The rest are for Trainz 12 and above.

That isn't Magic's stuff. That is outdated BDC stuff. Just letting you know

Yeah, that's what I thought, because of the lighting effect that's being use for the wall -- Nonetheless, it merges nicely with magic from the pictures since I don't have B's stuff to test everything out!

Ish

Good evening everyone. I am now working on the NEC portion of the route in NYC along with the CSX freight. More progress has been made on the subway. Trackage between 86th street and 138th street is complete for the #4 and #5 subway lines. I am curious, would there be any way to enhance my route that is being built on the "Bronx East DEM" by "Fishlipsatwork". Specifically, having basemaps or google maps satellite images of the NYC area placed right below his DEM's so I know where exactly to place some of the scenery items and trackage. If it's possible, how can I go about doing that? Below are some screenshots. I am going back to the older billboard trees and older greenery track because to my eye, they look good and perform great. I adjust the heights of for the older track in surveyor because they hover a bit over the ground.

Rusty CSX Geep and freight cars in the Hunts Point Terminal Market area.

Amtrak's NEC and the elevated structure for the 6 train around Westchester Avenue.

Me too. I'm not too familiar with this portion of the NEC but it is nice to build in Trainz alongside the 6 train. BNSF freight train heading up north and Amtrak train heading down to Penn Station. This shot was taken just north of the Bruckner Expressway. Sheridan Express way to the right.

Huh, I've never seen a sleeper car north of Sunnyside.

Anyway, Dovetail Games made their own replica of this section for TS2014, and it looks pretty decent even on a low graphics setting. I would recommend it as a reference for scenery, signals, speed limits, and gradients, especially as you get out into Westchester and Connecticut (assuming you plan to go all the way to New Haven). The DTG route also has the New Canaan Branch, but not the Waterbury or Danbury branches, of the Metro-North New Haven Line.

Scottbe8: It would be nice to see the Viewliners go past Sunnyside. From what I have seen so far, on this portion of the route, it's only amfleets and sometimes NJT comets that are used on game days. I saw a couple of videos of the NEC and Metro North New Haven line in TS 2014 and it looks very interesting. The graphics looks great. Those cab ride videos would be great as a reference to help build this route in Trainz. I plan to go to New Haven but it probably won't be for another year or two. I wonder if it's possible to merge Fishlipsatwork DEMS together. I am using the Bronx East DEM for this. He has another DEM, that covers the Harlem line, Waterbury Branch and NEC from Penn Station to NJ. Not really sure if he has a DEM for the Hudson line or LIRR.

Applegathc: This route has so many baseboards. I would say somewhere in the hundreds currently. :)

I can really see the route taking shape. Really liking the progress. Taking a trip back in time with the good ol classic redbirds. More work on the #2 subway line. I almost have all the scenery for the #2 and the #5 subway line between 149th street and Gunhill Road. In driver, it's running smoothly for the most part with a little bit of stutter. The stutter builds up around unionport yard and 180th street because of all the tracks, trestles, signals in that area but other than that, it's all good.

I hope those L platforms will get some fencing! Ah well, even if they had no fences New Yorkers aren't dumb, they won't fall off. ;-) Nice work on this route! I know what it feels like to tackle a big project like this. You seem to have gotten more done then I can ever...nice work.

Thank you Applegathc. I really appreciate it. :) The el platforms will definitely get some fencing and platform canopies soon. Definitely don't want people to start jumping off. :cool:

Took a small break on the NYC portion of the route. Now, I'm working on the Waterbury branch portion of the route. Slowly but surely, the route will progress. Trying to work efficiently one baseboard at a time instead of jumping between baseboards. Screenshots will be shown soon of the branchline shuttle.

Back