Major Tri State Area Project

Mid 1980's screenshot. Along the Hudson River, we have an outbound Amtrak train and an inbound Metro North train just north of Beacon in some snowy weather.

:wave: Nicely done Pics here, and I notice if I'm correct, your Station Parking Lot has a bit of a curve in as it goes out of view, nice touch there. :cool:

;) Happy New Year and keep up the work, Route looks super........

Thank you Blueodessey, thank you and have a Happy New Year :cool: I made the parking lot a bit different than how it really is, but I also thought the curve would give it a nice touch. I am hoping accelerate the route building process a bit so today, I am going to work on laying down the roads and then add in some more textures and houses.

Route Building is never really finished, always something for us to tinker with...

Thank you Blueodessey, thank you and have a Happy New Year :cool: I made the parking lot a bit different than how it really is, but I also thought the curve would give it a nice touch. I am hoping accelerate the route building process a bit so today, I am going to work on laying down the roads and then add in some more textures and houses.

:wave: Copy that sir, I think it really breaks it up when you have items that curve away from the 90 degree look, where everything is straight, so I try to have my houses, factories, streets, etc. all in some spots at an angle when I can, same thing with the trackage. In your picture #462, when you look at it, has real nice curving appeal as you see the Train driving out of the picture!

Yup on the Route Building, definitely a labor of love for sure. But as you create your style of Route and it comes out the way you want, that is one swell moment of accomplishment.

I recall when got Trainz Driver2 on my Ipad, and made a layout 4 tiles big, it took me weeks because I was a newbie to Trainz, and couldn't get the curves or switches right. Then finally after a month and talking to the ole timers here, I found my way........

:cool: Trainz despite some of it's issues, is one of the best Sim's, because of what you can do and create assets.

Thank you Blueodessey, I most definitely agree. At times, the route building is a process that can take weeks or months to accomplish on one area but it's amazing to see when the route begins to form :) This is an early shot of the Poughkeepsie area. Yesterday, I added in track from New Hamburg to Poughkeepsie and put in all of the crossings, sidings, underpasses and overpasses, and bridges between New Hamburg and Poughkeepsie.

I just found out that HostThenPost is no longer available. This is a test image from one of my recent screenshots with the Trainz Gallery.
Amtrak-Genesis-at-Beacon.jpg

Just a small route update. After all the years of constructing the major Tri State Area, I learned how to use the paste and rotation tool. I am so glad this tool exists in Trainz. It makes adding trees to wide areas such as hills and mountains very fast. I changed the direction of the rotation a few times so the pattern of trees in the hills wouldn't look repetitive. After pasting the trees, I am going to rearrange a few of them and add new trees and shrubs in open spots. This was taken at Breakneck Ridge along the Hudson line. I am a bit curious though, can all the treez cause Trainz to exit. A few minutes ago, as I was editing the route, Trainz just closed and exited to the desktop screen. I also remember when I had my GTX 570 card a while back, when I ran routes with mainly treez or speed trees, Trainz would unexpectedly close. I was never really sure what the exact reason was but I think it may be all the 3D trees. If the 3D trees or speed trees are the culprit, I might replace them in the route with billboard trees.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Small route update along the Hudson River in Breakneck Ridge. Once I start texturing the hills and adding a bit more detail to the scenes, the route should start to take shape.

:wave: Evening Sir........A river can really make a difference, I think............:D Your Hudson River View looks very inviting as I travel the Virtual Train you provide.......

:udrool: Keep up the great work.

Thank you Blueodessey :cool:. Slowly but surely, progress is being made on the route. So far, along the Hudson River, I have trackage between Breackneck Ridge station and Poughkeepsie station. I just recently learned about the tools in surveyor like the 'bulk asset and replace' as well as copying and pasting groups of scenery on a baseboard. These tools are really helpful when it comes to the trees in the hills.

Hi everyone, great news. Recently, I completed college with my Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering Technology. After the long hiatus, I will have a bit more time to work on the Major Tri State Area Project. I know the progress is extremely slow as this is a big route but my goal is to work on the Metro North track work for the New York City Region, followed by the scenery afterwards. A little bit difficult deciding which order to work on since there are alot of lines such as the subway, LIRR and tri state area. For now, here are some progress shots that I have of the track work. Out of curiosity, would anyone know if there is a Metro North M8 engine sound available for Trainz? Below are the screenshots.

Early construction of Highbridge Facility

Near completion of the Highbridge Facility

In cab view at Riverdale platform, track 1

Hi everyone, great news. Recently, I completed college with my Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering Technology. After the long hiatus, I will have a bit more time to work on the Major Tri State Area Project. I know the progress is extremely slow as this is a big route but my goal is to work on the Metro North track work for the New York City Region, followed by the scenery afterwards. A little bit difficult deciding which order to work on since there are alot of lines such as the subway, LIRR and tri state area. For now, here are some progress shots that I have of the track work. Out of curiosity, would anyone know if there is a Metro North M8 engine sound available for Trainz? Below are the screenshots.

Early construction of Highbridge Facility

Near completion of the Highbridge Facility

In cab view at Riverdale platform, track 1

:wave: Congratulations on your completion Degree, heaven knows we need good computer folks with all this automation, one of my Grand Kids is starting College in a month, and we got to see their new School with them last week, they are so excited an it is a great school to attend at..............

Good look with your Route, that is lot to accomplish there, Picture look very interesting from what you have shown us......

We are all rooting for you.........

Back