Major Tri State Area Project

Taking a trip to the 1990's. Here, we have an R33 redbird train running as a test train on the #7 subway line.

LIRR GP38 with LIRR MP75 coaches at Hunterspoint Avenue Station.

Last edited:
Old signals but I think they are still great. I thought to keep my interest in the route so I don't get bored easily, I'd change where I work on the route every so often. Today, I began work on the non electrified portion of the Harlem line, and several days later, I may begin work on the subway or another commuter line. This is in the Pawling area. I am thinking of mixing the speed trees and the paperboard grass together. I like the effect, even though there is stutter.

Last edited:
Status update: Good news everyone. I thought about taking a break from the commuter lines so I went back to working on the #2 subway line. Now, I have all track work complete between Gunhill Road and 3rd avenue- East 149th street. I have my laptop so I use Google Earth as a reference while putting the tracks on the baseboards. Now, I have to fill in the scenery. Once, I get a decent amount of scenery for the #2 subway line, I'll see if I can post a video to show a cab ride of the #2 subway line from Gunhill Road- 3rd avenue East 149th street.

Last edited:
Stratuspheretrish: The track that the Metro North FL-9 is on is the freeware track that Scottbe8 pointed out. You might have to login to Jointed Rail in order to see the track show up under the freeware items. Also, the lightly rusted tracks in the screenshot with all the trees and the single blue boxcar is a track on the dls. When you get to the dls, enter 132# in the search box and you'll see a variety of tracks.

Good evening everyone. Here are some more progress shots from the Major Tri State Area. I have been mainly focusing on the MTA subway, specifically the #2 and #5 subway line. All track work is complete between Gun Hill Road station and 149th street Grand Concourse station. Below are some of my progress shots. This area is between the Jackson Avenue Station and 149th street Grand Concourse.

#2 subway train approaching the 149th street 3rd avenue tunnel portal.

Wakefield Bound 2 local train at the Jackson Avenue station.

About to grab a bite to eat at Pizza Hut. I quickly grabbed my camera though because you don't see an R62 1 train on the #2 subway line everyday.

Waiting for the train ahead to proceed, so the signal will change.

This is 149th street-3rd Avenue. This is a Flatbush Avenue Bound 2 local train, the next stop is, 149th street-Grand Concourse. Stand clear of the closing doors please.

Sitting on the express track just south of Jackson Avenue station waiting for the train on the local track to proceed. There is train traffic ahead of us. Thank you for your patience.

Approaching the 149th street-3rd Avenue tunnel portal

Just came out of the 149th street-3rd avenue tunnel portal. The next stop is Jackson Avenue. We are being held momentarily by the train's dispatcher.

Malikthr, where did you get those LIRR loco's and cars, I think they'd look very nice on a route of mine.
Thanks!

Yes, Austin316Hockey is now affiliated with BDC Projects. All of his NYCTA-style projects starting with tunnels will be available on the BDC Projects website. Everything else, as Malikrthr has stated, is available on the DLS. This is an agreement between both parties as to not restrict the creativity and workmanship of the original author. Right now, there are WIP tunnels (if you've been following NYCTA progress on Facebook) that will be available in mid-Fall.

Excellent work @Malikrthr. I've sent you an inbox message.

-A

Thanks Acelejalde. I received your PM. Jose666: the LIRR locos can be found on the DLS and the LIRR M7's can be found on TCR.

Last edited:
Williamconcepcion: They are on the DLS. If you search LIRR, go to the 2nd page.

It's been a while since I updated this thread with screenshots. Progress has been made on the route. So far, I have the #2 subway line from Gun Hill Road to 149th street Grand Concourse for the 2/5 subway line. I also worked on the #4 and #5 subway line from Harlem 125th street to 149th street Grand Concourse. Along with that, I also worked on the trackage for the Metro North Mott Haven WYE. For now, I am using the older HP track on the commuter railroad because in the Mott Haven Area, I have the 4 line right above the 2 and 5 lines and all the trackage and 3rd rails in that area is giving my computer a work out. Sometimes, when I add in scenery items like the 3rd rail, the splines are invisible, I'm guessing because there is so much track in the area. Recently I made two upgrades to my computer so the route runs better with more detail and a hint of anisotropy and anti aliasing here and there. The route runs very smoothly. A bit of microstutters here and there but I'm okay with it. I upgraded my graphics to a GTX 570. I still have my GTX 550Ti, but I moved it over to a slower slot so it can be used as the PhysX card. I also over clocked my RAM slightly.

Can anyone take a guess where this is? Hint: Somewhere in the Bronx

More progress on the #2 and #5 subway line in the Bronx. All scenery between Gunhill Road and Burke Avenue is fully complete. Excellent fps with very little to no micro stutters. Below are progress shots.

This is Burke Avenue. This is a Wakefield Bound 2 local train. The next stop is, Gunhill Road. Stand clear of the closing doors please. :D

2 train departing Gun Hill Road on the downtown local track.

Last edited:
Back