Swapping Trainz HD to another computer

2995Valliant

Could I have some advice please?

I'm about to build a new PC (assuming the courier ever delivers the bits!).

Currently my installs of 2010 and 2012 are installed on a separate drive on my exisiting machine. This drive is a fairly recent WD Raptor, and until I'm a bit more convinced of the reliability of SSD's, I'm going to swap this drive accross to the new PC, which will be running Win 7 whereas the current one is XP

Will I have to re-format that drive and re-install Trainz, or will I get away with just swapping it?

Regards,

Anthony

Could I have some advice please?

I'm about to build a new PC (assuming the courier ever delivers the bits!).

Currently my installs of 2010 and 2012 are installed on a separate drive on my exisiting machine. This drive is a fairly recent WD Raptor, and until I'm a bit more convinced of the reliability of SSD's, I'm going to swap this drive accross to the new PC, which will be running Win 7 whereas the current one is XP

Will I have to re-format that drive and re-install Trainz, or will I get away with just swapping it?

Regards,

Anthony

Just move it, need to set up your shortcuts etc, if your building a PC I reckon you can manage that. I did the same back in January no trouble running them.

Regarding the SSD's I bought one a couple of weeks ago and the improvements in loading times for a Route are amazing. Minutes turn into seconds. Plus frame rates are noticeably improved.

Back