Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: The Frisco High Line

what happens to this route?
    any progress?
    CORE I5 6500 >GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER B7>24GB VENGANCE LPX>EVGA GTX 1070 SC>COOLER MASTER COSMOS SE>KINGSTAON 240GB SSD*SEAGATE ITB>

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Canandensis

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    what happening to this route?
    any progress?
    "To be" released, "or not to be" released... or finished (for that matter)? "That is the question" Kamran! That is the question that has preoccupied this Forum for the longest time! From my own experiance, having done a TaNE conversion of my own route (originally created in TS12), I found it to be quite the arduous task; and as anyone who has converted their routes over will tell you, the biggest headache is the trees... which Dricketts himself had mentioned almost a year ago in his last post!

Given the complexity and enormity of "The Frisco High Line" God only knows what Dicketts is going through with his route! Most concerning...as I'd said, it has been almost a year!

Quote Originally Posted by ClintClassic View Post
    "To be" released, "or not to be" released... or finished (for that matter)? "That is the question" Kamran! That is the question that has preoccupied this Forum for the longest time! From my own experiance, having done a TaNE conversion of my own route (originally created in TS12), I found it to be quite the arduous task; and as anyone who has converted their routes over will tell you, the biggest headache is the trees... which Dricketts himself had mentioned almost a year ago in his last post!

Given the complexity and enormity of "The Frisco High Line" God only knows what Dicketts is going through with his route! Most concerning...as I'd said, it has been almost a year!
    i know that feel bro
    i am also among the ones who is affected by upgrading to tane.its been around 8 months since i am replacing and recreating the areas where the the grass plants and trees are affected on my 100+miles long route and still half route done
    CORE I5 6500 >GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER B7>24GB VENGANCE LPX>EVGA GTX 1070 SC>COOLER MASTER COSMOS SE>KINGSTAON 240GB SSD*SEAGATE ITB>

Ditto on T:ANE which I just purchased in Nov 2016 I think, and I've dropped out of TS-12 completely as T:ANE even though it has some issues, but since it's 64 bit, works much better for my larger Route Merges, however when I imported them last night, I too have 60-70 miles to re-texture as several Textures are missing,

But then I was warned about this by the Forum, at least my Routes are in tact otherwise, definitely going to take a while to fill all those spaces in and decide what Textures to use? Wishing you all good luck too.

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Canandensis

@Kamran. Yes. It is/was a NIGHTMARE!!! The problem I had was, most of my trees were Mcquirel, and she had never gotten 'round to making almost all her trees TaNE compatible: except for her Conifers! (Mcquirel left the Trainz community because she had issues... !) Anyways, this was a great lose to me, and many in the community (including maybe yourself)! Loved her trees! A real shame... ! So I had to look around for replacements. And for the ones I couldn't, I did "Bulk Asset Replace" with a different kind of tree. Most of the trees landed up being by Auran, and Roy. Another problem was (of course), even if I found the same kinda' tree, maybe the height was too large or small for particular scenes; forcing me to choose a different tree as a replacement for the whole route! Ugh! Again, it's painful to think about what I went through!

@Bluedessey. Yes. Some of the textures that I loved so much in TS12, sucked in TaNE, and had to replace with another

Anyway, again I hope we hear word from Dricketts soon!
    Last edited by ClintClassic; February 2nd, 2017 at 02:32 PM.