The Frisco High Line

Awesome!

075.gif

Peeking through the loading shoot to catch a glance of 517.

5R6R9.jpg

SLSF #104 approaches the crossing at mile marker 115 and Mo. State Hwy 13 headed north towards Lowry City.

XXfNW.jpg

Thanks Fred. That means a lot coming from someone familiar with the area.

It brings back some fond memories of my youth. When I was about 14-15 years old my family camped out at Pomme de Terre Lake and Stockton Lake. There was the most unusual drive-in theater I've ever seen...north of Pittsburg, along the road to Pomme de Terre State Park. My sister, who could drive, and my cousin and I went there one summer. The drive-in had individual screens for the cars. The screens were about 4 by 8 feet in area. They were arranged in a circle around the concession stand and projection building. The projector had a mirror arrangement that split the projected light up into individual beams that hit the screens in the back and the picture was displayed on the front.

When I discovered what movie was being shown there one weekend, I told my sister and cousin,

"Hey! We have to go see this!"

"Ok", they said, "What is it?"

"Well", I said, "It stars Sean Connery."

They said, "Who's Sean Connery?"

"It's a movie about James Bond."

They said, "Who's James Bond?"

....It was "Dr. No". :D

Cheers,
Fred

Clinton Mo. square and courthouse.

HuvnR.jpg

uQoTn.jpg

An MKT switcher pulls some boxcars from their resting spot at the Clinton Feed Store siding.

Xf86h.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments.

I might have to replace that corner downtown building. That low res store front is bugging me next to all those other good looking buildings :eek:.

I still have lots of details to add not to mention I have areas on the route that are still a blank canvas except for track and grade :eek:.

I might have to replace that corner downtown building. That low res store front is bugging me next to all those other good looking buildings.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but it's only really an issue if you are going to take screens from there (as you have) or maybe if you have a tracking camera close by.

loving this route so far. Great work recreating the prototype scenes. For the dam Kenichiro has an asset on the DLS that would work real well there for the cascading water, search under his name.

I like your route, great idea. Nice job on Clinton. From my limited experience towns and cities are tough as heck to model, you did a really nice job on it.

loving this route so far. Great work recreating the prototype scenes. For the dam Kenichiro has an asset on the DLS that would work real well there for the cascading water, search under his name.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll defiantly take a look at his content.

Back