The Frisco High Line

zk40jPR.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I haven't really worked on the route for the last year waiting, waiting, and waiting some more for a stable version of TANE. I didn't want hours of work to be wasted because I was using assets that wouldn't work in TANE. I'll try installing SP1 if it ever comes out. I don't want to deal with beta testing and flaky versions of TANE. I don't have the patience. :p

I did the same as you with my own route Derrick.....route building is too much work and time to risk on a splippery road ! You have a nice route BTW.
Rail4Pete

Thats a very interesting SIgnal in that last Shot, which one is it?

Thanks
-Falcus

It's by bnsf50 called Crossing Gate for Interlocking 1T B. <kuid:39134:100269>. It was designed from actual SLSF blueprints I provided him. The Frisco called it a Duckunder. If you notice it was designed for a handcar to pass under without opening the gate assuming the operator ducks.

Last edited:
Btw, I've been toying with the latest official TANE release. 80330 is at least as stable as 61388 IMHO. It still has little quirks for w/e reasons. Yarn intersections seem to be having this weird Scripting thing going on for instance, and they're re-working Shadows *again*. But tonight I actually plunked down several Thousand McGuirel Speed Trees (Was at it for hours, Copy & Paste Tool the whole time), and though it definitely had an effect (Wasn't quite as smooth in those areas), it never got down to stuttering or chunking. I think if I had more RAM I'd be able to even keep up normal Frame Rates. Mind I had Trees set to Ultra and everything else High, Draw Distance to about 4000 or 5000. Ran some K&L Steamers with various Consists back and forth. Didn't attempt AI yet (Don't trust my route for that quite yet honestly).

Just as a Teaser:
a48a8e0812254787254445625e566a0c.jpg

Lighting isn't quite right yet for Seattle, but I need more complete scenes to toy with that. Anyway, just thought I'd offer some perspective since you'd mentioned you were waiting for a Stable T:ANE.

Edited to add, that Youtube link got a little lost in Translation I think ^^;. And thanks for the info about the Signal.

-Falcus

Last edited:
I've just spent a very enjoyable couple of evenings browsing through this thread. Thanks for sharing your route construction progress with us. A masterclass in the art if ever there was one. My most sincere compliments.

Stuart

Thank you Stuart. Hopefully I be working on the route soon in TANE. Since I'm moving from TS2010 straight to TANE I'm having some issues getting new replacement speedtreez to keep their height placement I had in TS2010.

Last edited:
what happening to this route?
any progress?
"To be" released, "or not to be" released... or finished (for that matter)? "That is the question" Kamran! :confused: That is the question that has preoccupied this Forum for the longest time! :eek: From my own experiance, having done a TaNE conversion of my own route (originally created in TS12), I found it to be quite the arduous task; and as anyone who has converted their routes over will tell you, the biggest headache is the trees... which Dricketts himself had mentioned almost a year ago in his last post! :confused:

Given the complexity and enormity of "The Frisco High Line" God only knows what Dicketts is going through with his route! :'( Most concerning...as I'd said, it has been almost a year!

"To be" released, "or not to be" released... or finished (for that matter)? "That is the question" Kamran! :confused: That is the question that has preoccupied this Forum for the longest time! :eek: From my own experiance, having done a TaNE conversion of my own route (originally created in TS12), I found it to be quite the arduous task; and as anyone who has converted their routes over will tell you, the biggest headache is the trees... which Dricketts himself had mentioned almost a year ago in his last post! :confused:

Given the complexity and enormity of "The Frisco High Line" God only knows what Dicketts is going through with his route! :'( Most concerning...as I'd said, it has been almost a year!

i know that feel bro
i am also among the ones who is affected by upgrading to tane.its been around 8 months since i am replacing and recreating the areas where the the grass plants and trees are affected on my 100+miles long route and still half route done

Ditto on T:ANE which I just purchased in Nov 2016 I think, and I've dropped out of TS-12 completely as T:ANE even though it has some issues, but since it's 64 bit, works much better for my larger Route Merges, however when I imported them last night, I too have 60-70 miles to re-texture as several Textures are missing,

But then I was warned about this by the Forum, at least my Routes are in tact otherwise, definitely going to take a while to fill all those spaces in and decide what Textures to use? Wishing you all good luck too.

@Kamran. Yes. It is/was a NIGHTMARE!!! :'( The problem I had was, most of my trees were Mcquirel, and she had never gotten 'round to making almost all her trees TaNE compatible: except for her Conifers! (Mcquirel left the Trainz community because she had issues... !) Anyways, this was a great lose to me, and many in the community (including maybe yourself)! Loved her trees! A real shame... ! :( So I had to look around for replacements. And for the ones I couldn't, I did "Bulk Asset Replace" with a different kind of tree. Most of the trees landed up being by Auran, and Roy. Another problem was (of course), even if I found the same kinda' tree, maybe the height was too large or small for particular scenes; forcing me to choose a different tree as a replacement for the whole route! :confused: Ugh! Again, it's painful to think about what I went through! :'(

@Bluedessey. Yes. Some of the textures that I loved so much in TS12, sucked in TaNE, and had to replace with another :confused:

Anyway, again I hope we hear word from Dricketts soon! :(

Last edited:
Last time I talked with dricketts was a few ago just after he got a new and very demanding job. Even back then, he said he hardly had any time/energy for working on the Frisco High Line route. A great pity, I made some of my best creations as requested works for that route.

Back