(Trainz has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenie

aj07gsx

At the Trainz simulator 12 launch menu theres a problem when i click on the Start button to play the game and this menu comes up saying:

(Trainz has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience)

Someone help me :'(

Try to open CM and run an EDR, that may help. Don't forget to make sure you a starting Trainz as "Administrator". :wave:

Yeah, that couldn't more vague a warning, eh? I've run into it a few times, it may have nothing to do with Trainz, but do check the log anyway. Sometimes a reboot will solve the problem, but if you get anymore information, please post back and we'll try to figure it out.

That usually happens to me in TS2009 when I click, find object in surveyor. Not sure what the problem could be, but I just stay away from that.

That error can also be due to faulty or non-existent OpenGL/graphics drivers, or out of date or missing DirectX 9.0C files.

Run TrainzDiag (<trainz install folder/bin/Trainzdiag.exe) and post any warnings/failures here.

Shane

("Program X has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" is Microsoft speak for:

"Something just happened. We have no idea what what happened, what actually caused it to happen and we don't like that whole not knowing thing. Therefore we are going to close the most recent program we think you may have tried to do something in with hopes that the problem (real or imagined) will go away on its own. Live with it, and have a nice day."

Last edited:
I just ran trainzdiag for trainz 2009 WBE and on my laptop, everything passes, but I get a warning that says my video driver's age is 32 months old-update.

I would look for any available updates for your graphics drivers.

Also, there is a possibility that the required C++ files are not present, but that is a fairly low possibility at this point.

Shane

I've just installed TX2010 and am getting this problem - that's if I choose DirectX mode. If I choose OpenGL I get the 'Trainz cannot communicate with your computer' dialogue box. I've loaded DirectX 9.0 (according to Shane's instructions) and tried updating my (Intel) video card driver but I still get a warning from Trainsdiag that my video driver is too old. Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

Intel chipsets/graphics cards are known for not having bang-up-to-date drivers - some have not been updated since 2007 or 2008.

Shane

Thank Shane - that makes sense.

The other warnings from Trainsdiag affected features of DirectX, notably Vertex. I've pasted the relevant parts of the Trainsdiag log below. Incidentally sorry for the typo in my previous post: I did of course mean TS2010 and not TX2010

Martin

------

------------
Test Results
------------
CPU Speed : ~2.39 GHZ : Passed
CPU supports SSE instructions : Passed
System Memory : 3060 MB : Passed
Hard Drive Space: 302.97 GB Free : Passed
OpenGL : Version 1.4 : Passed
DirectX : Version 10.0 or later : Passed
Desktop Mode : 32 bit colors : Passed
Card Type : Intel Bear Lake B : Passed
Video Driver's Age : 30 months old -Update : Warning
AGP Memory : 158MB Free : Passed
Total Video Mem : 286MB : Passed
Stencil Buffer : 8 Bits : Passed
Multi-Texturing : 8 Textures : Passed
Texture Compression DXT : Passed
Texture Combiners : Passed
Vertex Shaders : Version 1.1 (DirectX failure) : Warning
Pixel Shaders : Version 2.0 : Passed
Bump Mapping : Passed
Spherical Environment Mapping (DirectX failure) : Warning
Cubic Environment Mapping : Passed
Vertex Buffers (DirectX failure) : Warning
NVIDIA driver compatibility : Passed
Monitor: No compatability problems detected : Passed
-------------------------------
Extra Details Return from Tests
-------------------------------
System Memory : 3060 MB : System Memory : 3060MB (1492MB free)
Hard Drive Space: 302.97 GB Free : Drive C:\ : Total 455.71 GB Free 302.97 GB
Drive D:\ : Total 10.00 GB Free 5.61 GB

OpenGL : Version 1.4 : OpenGL : Version : 1.4.0 - Build 7.15.10.1666
Vendor : Intel
Card : Intel Bear Lake B
DirectX : Version 10.0 or later : Driver : igdumdx32.dll
Description : Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Product : (PRODUCT) Version : 15 SubVersion : 10 Build : 1666
Driver not WHQL signed
Desktop Mode : 32 bit colors : Desktop Mode : 1440x900 with 32 bit colors
Video Driver's Age : 30 months old -Update : Contact your card manufacturer at for the latest drivers.
Card's driver date is Thu Feb 26 12:34:14 2009
File Version :7.15.10.1666
File Description :LDDM User Mode Driver for Intel(R) Graphics Technology
Product Version :7.15.10.1666
Total Video Mem : 286MB : Total Video Mem : 286MB
Stencil Buffer : 8 Bits : OpenGL stencil bits : 8
DirectX stencil bits : 8
Multi-Texturing : 8 Textures : OpenGL texture count : 16
DirectX texture count : 8
Vertex Shaders : Version 1.1 (DirectX failure) : OpenGL vertex shader : Version 1.1
DirectX vertex shader : Version 0.0
Pixel Shaders : Version 2.0 : OpenGL pixel shader : Version 2.0
DirectX pixel shader : Version 2.0

Back