QR Warwick To Wallangarra+ Amiens Branch [QLD STEAM & EARLY DESIEL]

trainz89

QR Commissioner
G'day Everyone.

This is the thread for my new project, based in Queensland, Australia. The route is DEM of the 3ft 6in guage or 1067mm Queensland Railways Main Line from Warwick To Wallanagarra [On The Qld-NSW Border].
trainz89_20110813_0007.jpg

History:

The Southern Line is that which runs from Toowoomba, south to the Border location of Wallangarra. At Wallangarra, the standard gauge NSW line meets the narrow metals of Queensland at this break of gauge station. The line is 191 km in length.

The Line opened in stages, reaching just to the north of Warwick in 1871. It was extended to Stanthorpe in 1881, finally reaching Wallangarra in 1887. A year later in 1888, the New South Wales Main North Railway was opened, and this then became the interstate rail link between Brisbane and Sydney. The NSW North Coast line was completed into South Brisbane in 1930 providing a direct link between the two cities, although passengers and goods had to be ferried across the Clarence River until 1932

Trainz Route

This hopefully will be a group effort with someone handling the track laying, I have made some locomotives such as PB15's a B15 Converted in gmax for the route but would really like the assistance of a range of people to make some the stations such as;​
  • Warwick
    36544_ss0.jpg
  • Stanthorpe
    se02.jpg
  • The Summit
    sm05.jpg
  • Cottonvale
    cv05.jpg
The Quart Pot Creek, Just Outside Stanthorpe is THE biggest single Hurdle facing the route.
se01.jpg

(C) Photo's www.stationspast.net

If all seriously interested, post here and pm your emails, and I will send off the goods.

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham

Last edited:
Main line Sydney to Brisbane

Interesting to know that the Sydney to Brisbane main line uses today the same road bridge to cross the Clarence river at Grafton . The line is actually under the road. Took me sometime to figure out why the road finished up in a right angle and on either side of the bridge.

The group

@ Colhad & Haccp4me If you two wish to help with the track laying. I know colhad has made a few things, could it be possible to make a few items for the route. :p

Email me, please

21 Brisbane Express

@Guy

Regarding the track for the route: I am currently using Bullhead track for this route. A second version wil be in 3ft 6in guage to keep that mob happy.

Your second question:

I have been building some Original PB15's, B15 Converted's, D17 & a DD17 'Blue Baby', and they will be all reguaged into 3ft 6in as seperate models with the 3ft 6in logo.

By the way, I can not send it via email its just too large to fit the MSL you can download it at Victrainz under Amiens Branch, and if your a member of QDR Yahoo. Upload it in the routes section when your done.

This is possibly the biggest QR Route ever made.

trainz89 when are you going to release this locos
QGRB13SW78Front.jpg

Right
QGRB13SW78Left.jpg

Left
QGRB14SWRight.jpg

Rear
QGRB13SW78Rear.jpg

found these images while trolling the aus trainz fourm.p.s. cant delete the "s" in locos

Last edited:
Letter from the QGR Commissioner

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Thank you Jake, for the point out

One note, I have been know to guiltine gimme pigs :hehe: . So not to mean offence but @GuyLimpus could you pease not act like I want it now. I will release when I feel like it, but if your really keen. I will put you in the beta testers list and send you it when everything it finished.

Make a route, run some QGR Steam engines and show some screenshots. That should get credit & respect from people. Honestly, People in trainz are not too kinding to Gimme Pigs as myself, they will be shut down and turned away. Email myself if you want to get involved in helping with my projects.

Btw, can you please not post general items related to this thread. Please can you post them of my Queensland Trainz fourms or all things QR/QGR or if in realtion to my QGR SCL project so comments or items.

Just some helpful tips towards a budding young modeller in trainz :cool:

Regards
Michael Gitsham
QGR Commissioner & QHRA Group Executive-Director

Its funny how you talk of respect trainz89 yet you refer to those of us that choose to model QR in the correct gauge as the other other mob, its not a us and them thing in modelling the railways of Queensland. The Queensland following does not need a us and them battle, its hard enough to get QR stuff made or considered when people are acting in a us and them manner. There are not many that fly the qr flag in trainz and offending or putting some offside by word act or deed is not a good way to go. I know there are some that await the release of items be it maps or content, as a map maker i want to be able to release some maps that i am happy ot have my name next to, not one riddled with errors and mistakes cause someone wanted it earlier than i was happy to have it available.

Cricketstar you cant be to hard on guy about asking about the steamers that trainz89 is palying with, if i recall you were gimme gimme when can we have it regarding my Brisbane maps.

Guy there will be several more C-17s coming onto the DLS in the next few weeks they are 3F6I versions of the one Greg Cash has already released and have been reqauged with permission from Greg and modified by PEV.

Now lets get back to modelling the railways of Queensland.

ghosty

ghosty im pretty sure i copped it for doing it so im pretty sure ive learnt my lesson and have moved on and maybe you should too

Last edited:
Back to Regular Programming

Ghosty, here here :)

I was a gimme pig back in the day when Ghosty, Dreddy & Colhad dominated the Aussie Screenshots with Queensland works of pure art.

Enough talking, here is some screenshots of the MSL;

234 Down Stanthorpe - Toowoomba Bound Goods Hauled By An Unknown AC16
trainz89_20110813_0002.jpg

Silverwood, 1963

QGR B181/4 848 on a Brisbane Express From Wallangarra
trainz89_20110822_0000.jpg

The meeting of the Clydes, 1461 'Goldern Holdern' by crews & a Unknown 1502 Class Member Cross At Stanthorpe.
trainz89_20110822_0007.jpg

Lastly, Quart Pot Creek or the Red Bridge; A B17 Takes A Country Passenger BL's Over The Bridge
trainz89_20110821_0000.jpg

Regards
Michael G
QGR Commissioner & QHRA Executive-Director

Last edited:
Back