Session creation help required - timetables

stovepipe

Trainz Member
I'm trying to create a session that awards or deducts points for being early or late arriving at a station.

I can't seem to find a "time check" rule or similar that would facilitate this. Has anyone got any ideas how it might be done using existing rules?

Hi Stovepipe

You will need something with conditional commands to accomplish this and the only rule that I know of that can do this is the SCS2006 rule. It isn't something that I have done with the rule but I have just checked the manual and there is a variable called Game Time which I think should hold the current game time.

You could then set up a time variable for each station containing the time that the train is due there and when the train stops at a station, subtract the game time at that moment from the time held in that stations variable. Use an If...If Else....If End command to either add or subtract points from the score depending on whether the result is positive or negative.

I haven't time to try this out tonight but if you are interested in it I will see if it is feasable.

You may not wish to use this rule but there will have to be some form of conditional decision making with anything that you can find to do the job.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for the reply Brian.

The session also does a number of other things, so I was hoping I could solve this problem without breaking out SCS2006.

I will have a look at the SCS2006 manual, but I'm still very much a novice in using it. Still, it would be nice to know if it was possible.

Whilst I'm pretty sure you have said previously that SCS2006 works in TS2010 - is that only in compatability mode? i.e does it work with the last TS2010 (multiplayer) patch which removed compatibility mode?

Do a search for "award points", check the reply to cejie's post.

Yes I have referred to that post previously for some other parts of the session rules. Unfortunately it does not explain how to get the arrival time at a station, nor can I find a check rule that does that.

Hi again

SCS2006 works in Native mode up to 2010 build 44088. Unfortunately the multiplayer patch broke it as it now brings up a script error. The code is encripted so I don't know if it is repairable or not. It is also broken in TS12 which is why I have shelved that version.

Regards

Brian

Set variable "arrival" to 0, then set it to 1, 2, 3 once the train arrives at station A, B, C.

Have a Time Check rule starting at the expected time of arrival at station "A", then check every second if the "arrival" variable is equal to 0: if it is, add penalty points to the player score; if it is not (the train has arrived at A and the "arrival" variable has been set to 1) no penalty points will be added.

I'm trying to create a session that awards or deducts points for being early or late arriving at a station.

Option is this:

trigger check
-timecheck
--variable modify

In Trigger check you must put the name of the trigger.
In Timecheck type h:m:s for the late arrival. Example: train must arrive at 10:02:28, you will give him penalty if it's late more then 2 min, so put in Timecheck e.g. 10:04:30. Then in Variabe modify choise ''subtract e.g. 1 from variable score''.
This must be done on every station which must have trigger.

regards
celje

Back