Re-Releasing SPORBUST Content

dont mind

if you were to host my content but skylar jacob said he was .... not sure if he still is. As for asking a creator if someone can alter their meshes well thats been beaten to death so I wont even answer that. Changing a cfg or skinning is one thing but reworking a creators mesh is not cool. I dont care who u are or who the creator is. Respect their work and how much they poured into all of it and understand why they dont want someone altering the MESH. Touchy subject ? yes it is. U dont even ask that question

Hey Derm good to see you long time no see :)

why are you guys using my old content anyways i am sure theres much newer stuff now days available. Mines is dated 2 to 3 years and older. Think some one else hosts some of my old stuff or he said he was anyways not sure if he ever did.

Sorry to have seen you leave. Using TS2009, I had to do a little fixing-up, but I still use your stuff too. It sucks to see great creators go away. :'(

if you were to host my content but skylar jacob said he was .... not sure if he still is. As for asking a creator if someone can alter their meshes well thats been beaten to death so I wont even answer that. Changing a cfg or skinning is one thing but reworking a creators mesh is not cool. I dont care who u are or who the creator is. Respect their work and how much they poured into all of it and understand why they dont want someone altering the MESH. Touchy subject ? yes it is. U dont even ask that question

I remember him starting a account on box, but kept it locked and as far as I know left it that way.

Hey Frank, good to see you posting. It would be better to see you creating, but posting is a start :)

Let's try this:

Your content is still good - really good. I use it in every session I have ever done, which means every session I have ever done is broken. I'd like them fixed LOL.

I have every cdp and zip from WCT archived, heck I even have the page archived! I would very much like to host all your content at checkrail, on it's own page, laid out as close as possible to the old WCT page with full credit to you. The cdp's, licenses and descriptions are all yours exactly as downloaded originally.

There will be a prominent announcement on the page to the effect that no reskins, edits, etc are allowed. Word it any way you want. First sign of somebody tampering with your stuff you let me know and the page comes down. No arguments.

Let me know either here, or my old email addy is still good...

Take care,

Andy

Awesome idea Andy, And i hope you at least think about it Frank nothing wrong with your stuff at all mate no matter when you made it but heap's of us still use it every day and it would be great to see it used into the future.
Cheers Mick.:wave:
P.S Sorry folks to those who tried to have Frank's Content hosted all in one place at their own Site, I don't mean any offence but we couldn't ask for a better place then Checkrail, Dermmy has kept Checkrail going now for longer then i can remember and every thing is there for every Route or Dep. your chasing all in one safe place.

Last edited:
Hello Frank...

:cool: Hello Frank, I knew you would not forget us. :wave:

Thanks for doing a clean version of the CSX Dash-840C Bright Future for me! The game could not get better when that happened. But I have to say that you were well ahead of your time with the "dirty-Diesels" idea. Now, we have tons of stuff that looks "too new," or "not dirty enough!":eek:

Altering meshes is not usually a problem in the Trainz Community. With PEVSoft "Attachmentmaker," you are essentially adding to or "altering" the mesh.:eek:

"What we have here, is failure to communicate...":(

There are texture files identified all over this Forum Community like "blackunderframe.tga, goldbasecolor.tga, graycoat.tga, leftside vents.tga, map1.tga, specgrey.tga; file names capitalized that cannot be found when the file is right there, and other issues" that need only your attention.:wave:

Why would someone want to modify a mesh that may not open in game and carries perennial errors? The newer versions of Trainz are not as forgiving as TRS2004, however the performance is there, SPorBUST assets look better than ever!:D

The content either get's fixed or fails to get fixed & goes by the wayside, forever to be a thorn in the Forum Community.:udrool: :'( :mop:

You Frank, would not be having this if you had charged even a small amount for these because you would be thousands & thousands of $-richer to afford gas when you go four-wheelin'...!

And don't take this personal...Sureshot28 is involved too...!

why are you guys using my old content anyways i am sure theres much newer stuff now days available. Mines is dated 2 to 3 years and older. Think some one else hosts some of my old stuff or he said he was anyways not sure if he ever did.

Your stuff was always a fav to me, you have done such a nice job on your locos and they are always fun to run, you done a lot of nice work on your stuff and I would hate to see it not used in 2012 and such, I so hope that it can get to work in 2012 so that way one can run your great stuff once again....It sure is nice to see ya back around again

well

I closed my sight because I really didnt think my content was needed any more and I had been idle for a long time. Maybe I should open a new site to host my stuff. I dont have trs installed on my system any more and have not got any new versions past 2006. I never got into lod meshes like many other did. When I got into railsim that was pretty much where it ended. Where can I buy anewer trs version and whats the best one? I dont want 2011 if its buggy. I am so far behind the curve now :) However I do still have some projects I never finished.

If you have a lot of items that are older, I recommend trs2010 for the compatibility mode. You might still find a copy on store shelves.

I would recommend TS2010 as well. TS12 is actually more stable in some respects, but it's still got some bugs to be worked out. But don't apply the multiplayer patch, as that removes compatibility mode.

Yep - get TS10 updated to SP3 (Build 44088).

You will be able to get your stuff error-free and warning-free in TS10, zillions of people have your stuff running in that version, but getting it error and warning free in TS12 will be much harder...

Andy

Yep - get TS10 updated to SP3 (Build 44088).

You will be able to get your stuff error-free and warning-free in TS10, zillions of people have your stuff running in that version, but getting it error and warning free in TS12 will be much harder...

Andy

k am going to buy trainz 10... not sure where ill find it

Ok starting my site back up but for now it will be hosted at sporbust1.com until they giveme my old domain back of sporbust.com. may be a day or two

I can get trs 12 on steam is that any good? Looks good from the pics

Last edited:
Frank, whatever you do, do NOT buy from Steam - the DRM produces lots of problems, never mind patching issues. Also, another simulator is now using the name TS2012 - it is NOT Trainz. It is going to be sold through Steam, though I don't know if it's actually up yet.

Best to buy straight from Auran, whichever version you choose. As I touched on earlier, TS12 is less crash-prone. I prefer TS2010 because of the many (30 or so) routes included with it, versus 9 for TS12. But those 9 are pretty good.

Last edited:
Yes, you'll have great fun on Mojave. Altho it may be harder to get them error free. And please remove those under-frame shadows.

And don't use Steam.

Last edited:
Agreed, do NOT buy the steam version...... get the regular box version.... I don't think you can get the Digital version of 10 anymore that isn't steam.

Also, welcome back, we keep a bay in the roundhouse open for you.

Great news Frank. I am sure that many users will be very happy about your site being back online. :)

Both TS2010 and TS12 are available directly from N3V at the Auran Shop: http://www.auran.com/shop/simulator/list_products.php?Page=1&GenreID=21&PlatformID=1&SortID=2. I have two identical 20%-off vouchers for TS2010 for the Auran Shop. This brings the price of TS2010 down from 29.99 AUD (~31.29 USD) to 23.99 AUD (~25 USD). I plan on using one of them myself when I eventually upgrade to TS2010, but I can give the other one away. If you want it, then I can PM you the voucher code. I am not sure if it applies to the boxed version of TS2010, the digital download version, or both. I do not have any TS12 vouchers.

@n8phu: I can see a Digital Download purchase button for TS2010 at the Auran Shop: http://www.auran.com/shop/simulator/display_product.php?PID=198.

Regards.

It is recommended you use a download manager like FreeDownloadManager. I haven't bought Trainz itself but I have bought every other piece of downloadable content apart from the JointedRail stuff. It's really painless.

Back