Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Releasing SPORBUST Content

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPORBUST View Post
    why are you guys using my old content anyways i am sure theres much newer stuff now days available. Mines is dated 2 to 3 years and older. Think some one else hosts some of my old stuff or he said he was anyways not sure if he ever did.
    Frank, I arrived after you departed, but I use your content regularly, your UP, BNSF, CSX and the switchers

Congrats on your content, it is still high quality

Jamie

PS, Just a Q, how come you don't upload all your content to the DLS?? It would mean you can use it in Multiplayer

Blog Entries

why are you guys using my old content anyways i am sure theres much newer stuff now days available. Mines is dated 2 to 3 years and older. Think some one else hosts some of my old stuff or he said he was anyways not sure if he ever did.
    A lot of people liked what you created, plain and simple.

I myself downloaded everything you offered. I even have a few personal reskins that are my favorites.

To sum it all up, I might have to embarrass myself a bit here, but here goes, a favorite quote from a very famous engineer:

"Just because something is old dinna mean it is useless" M.Scott

Blog Entries

Default Sorry

As of right now. I do not think I will be hosting Franks content as he has asked me not to. Sorry guys
    Please Visit My Blog Here!

Blog Entries

While that is sad news, it is his decision to make.

If you had no explicit permission to host his assets ... why would assume so, and announce that you were going to be allowed to do it, and post 3 pages that you were going to do so ... only to be denied hosting of his assets ?

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    If you had no explicit permission to host his assets ... why would assume so, and announce that you were going to be allowed to do it, and post 3 pages that you were going to do so ... only to be denied hosting of his assets ?
    I'd be waiting for a fuller explanation (to which we are not necessarily entitled) before I started bashing Butter (that's almost funny)...
    checkrail.com...freeware routes for Trainz

Blog Entries

Just a question (and I do know from these forums that the site is closed): what is the latest URL (address) for SPORBUST's site that was used until the site was closed?

Thanks.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2-GHz, 4 GiB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 3400 Series, 2-TB 7200-RPM eSATA HDD, Windows Vista 32-bit.
    TS2010 49933.

United States of America, Louisiana, Metairie In Jefferson Parish
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I had 100% full permission to host; but after a misunderstanding over a question. (I had received a offer from a Auan member to update SPORBUST's content to 2010 Standards(The LOD Meshes) which I passed on to SPORBUST, who then replied in a email this... "If i ever see one of my meshes out there tampered with I will prosecute. I dont want you hosting my content.")

Let it be known now, that nothing was changed, and I asked a hypothetical question.

Blog Entries

@tycoonk4: Thanks for the link. I looked it up on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, found a versions of his website from March 3, 2009, and the one pice of content of his that was packaged in a CDP instead of a ZIP archive, the CNW SD70ACe, is archived there. Interesting how the Wayback Machine archived the CDP file but not the ZIP files.

Download link for the CNW SD70ACe (yes, I downloaded it ): http://web.archive.org/web/200903090...NW_SD70ACe.cdp.

At least one piece of his content was archived there. It can be worth taking a look at the Wayback Machine for dead websites to see if it has been archived there.

Regards.
    Last edited by Retro00064; August 6th, 2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: corrected typo.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2-GHz, 4 GiB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 3400 Series, 2-TB 7200-RPM eSATA HDD, Windows Vista 32-bit.
    TS2010 49933.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro00064 View Post
    @tycoonk4: Thanks for the link. I looked it up on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, found a versions of his website from March 3, 2009, and the one pice of content of his that was packaged in a CDP instead of a ZIP archive, the CNW SD70ACe, is archived there. Interesting how the Wayback Machine archived the CDP file but not the ZIP files.

Download link for the CNW SD70ACe (yes, I downloaded it ): http://web.archive.org/web/200903090...NW_SD70ACe.cdp.

At least one piece of his content was archived there. It can be worth taking a look at the Wayback Machine for dead websites to see if it has been archived there.

Regards.
    I've used the Wayback Machine before for lots of stuff. My ongoing quest (or obsession at this point) for Conny's MARC content is almost like trying to find the White Whale in Moby Dick. Sadly, all the Wayback Machine had from her site was an Amtrak bogey, a sky texture, and a few buildings......

I've found some "lost" stuff not related to Trainz that way too.

Default dont mind

if you were to host my content but skylar jacob said he was .... not sure if he still is. As for asking a creator if someone can alter their meshes well thats been beaten to death so I wont even answer that. Changing a cfg or skinning is one thing but reworking a creators mesh is not cool. I dont care who u are or who the creator is. Respect their work and how much they poured into all of it and understand why they dont want someone altering the MESH. Touchy subject ? yes it is. U dont even ask that question

Hey Derm good to see you long time no see
    SP OR BUST

Sorry to have seen you leave. Using TS2009, I had to do a little fixing-up, but I still use your stuff too. It sucks to see great creators go away.

Blog Entries

if you were to host my content but skylar jacob said he was .... not sure if he still is. As for asking a creator if someone can alter their meshes well thats been beaten to death so I wont even answer that. Changing a cfg or skinning is one thing but reworking a creators mesh is not cool. I dont care who u are or who the creator is. Respect their work and how much they poured into all of it and understand why they dont want someone altering the MESH. Touchy subject ? yes it is. U dont even ask that question

I remember him starting a account on box, but kept it locked and as far as I know left it that way.

Hey Frank, good to see you posting. It would be better to see you creating, but posting is a start

Let's try this:

Your content is still good - really good. I use it in every session I have ever done, which means every session I have ever done is broken. I'd like them fixed LOL.

I have every cdp and zip from WCT archived, heck I even have the page archived! I would very much like to host all your content at checkrail, on it's own page, laid out as close as possible to the old WCT page with full credit to you. The cdp's, licenses and descriptions are all yours exactly as downloaded originally.

There will be a prominent announcement on the page to the effect that no reskins, edits, etc are allowed. Word it any way you want. First sign of somebody tampering with your stuff you let me know and the page comes down. No arguments.

Let me know either here, or my old email addy is still good...

Take care,

Andy
    checkrail.com...freeware routes for Trainz