Re-Releasing SPORBUST Content

I for sure can't wait to have this stuff back up again, hopefully it won't be faulty and work for 2012

My assumption is that it will most likely have problems that require fixing. As far as an update on the release date. I have been extremely busy, but have been slowly finding time to get the offline website around and almost all of his items are pooled together... at the moment it doesn't appear that I will have the site up until Sunday afternoon. There are a few possibilities it could be live within the work week; but no promises.

I'm just throwing this out there, and it would require Frank's permission to do so, but I'm willing to fix stuff, if needed, to work with TS2010/TS12 while maintaining backwards compatibility. If you get an opportunity to ask him whether he would like to take this offer, please let me know, and ask what the minimum level of compatibility he would accept will be.

Keep in mind this would be time-permitting, of course.

lol

why are you guys using my old content anyways i am sure theres much newer stuff now days available. Mines is dated 2 to 3 years and older. Think some one else hosts some of my old stuff or he said he was anyways not sure if he ever did.

Just goes to show you what an excellent job you did on your stuff Frank. I know I still use it all and it all works just fine in native mode for me since I went through and repaired everything a long time ago.
Hope you're doing well :D

why are you guys using my old content anyways i am sure theres much newer stuff now days available. Mines is dated 2 to 3 years and older. Think some one else hosts some of my old stuff or he said he was anyways not sure if he ever did.

Frank, I arrived after you departed, but I use your content regularly, your UP, BNSF, CSX and the switchers

Congrats on your content, it is still high quality

Jamie

PS, Just a Q, how come you don't upload all your content to the DLS?? It would mean you can use it in Multiplayer

A lot of people liked what you created, plain and simple.

I myself downloaded everything you offered. I even have a few personal reskins that are my favorites.

To sum it all up, I might have to embarrass myself a bit here, but here goes, a favorite quote from a very famous engineer:

"Just because something is old dinna mean it is useless" M.Scott

Sorry

As of right now. I do not think I will be hosting Franks content as he has asked me not to. Sorry guys:(

If you had no explicit permission to host his assets ... why would assume so, and announce that you were going to be allowed to do it, and post 3 pages that you were going to do so ... only to be denied hosting of his assets ?

If you had no explicit permission to host his assets ... why would assume so, and announce that you were going to be allowed to do it, and post 3 pages that you were going to do so ... only to be denied hosting of his assets ?

I'd be waiting for a fuller explanation (to which we are not necessarily entitled) before I started bashing Butter (that's almost funny)...

Just a question (and I do know from these forums that the site is closed): what is the latest URL (address) for SPORBUST's site that was used until the site was closed?

Thanks.

I had 100% full permission to host; but after a misunderstanding over a question. (I had received a offer from a Auan member to update SPORBUST's content to 2010 Standards(The LOD Meshes) which I passed on to SPORBUST, who then replied in a email this... "If i ever see one of my meshes out there tampered with I will prosecute. I dont want you hosting my content.")

Let it be known now, that nothing was changed, and I asked a hypothetical question.

@tycoonk4: Thanks for the link. I looked it up on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, found a versions of his website from March 3, 2009, and the one pice of content of his that was packaged in a CDP instead of a ZIP archive, the CNW SD70ACe, is archived there. Interesting how the Wayback Machine archived the CDP file but not the ZIP files.

Download link for the CNW SD70ACe (yes, I downloaded it ;)): http://web.archive.org/web/20090309075725/http://www.sporbust.com/frank/trsfiles/CNW_SD70ACe.cdp.

At least one piece of his content was archived there. It can be worth taking a look at the Wayback Machine for dead websites to see if it has been archived there. ;)

Regards.

Last edited:
@tycoonk4: Thanks for the link. I looked it up on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, found a versions of his website from March 3, 2009, and the one pice of content of his that was packaged in a CDP instead of a ZIP archive, the CNW SD70ACe, is archived there. Interesting how the Wayback Machine archived the CDP file but not the ZIP files.

Download link for the CNW SD70ACe (yes, I downloaded it ;)): http://web.archive.org/web/20090309075725/http://www.sporbust.com/frank/trsfiles/CNW_SD70ACe.cdp.

At least one piece of his content was archived there. It can be worth taking a look at the Wayback Machine for dead websites to see if it has been archived there. ;)

Regards.

I've used the Wayback Machine before for lots of stuff. My ongoing quest (or obsession at this point) for Conny's MARC content is almost like trying to find the White Whale in Moby Dick. Sadly, all the Wayback Machine had from her site was an Amtrak bogey, a sky texture, and a few buildings......

I've found some "lost" stuff not related to Trainz that way too.

Back