Amtrak Trainz Group coaches

I know I have been asking for help on this in another thread of mine but I wanted one that is specifically for this problem. My problem is I am trying to install the coaches from the download section on the Amtrak trainz Group Website (http://s4.zetaboards.com/amtkz/index/). For the amfleet cars, they require Amtrak Pioneer III Truck,<kuid:160048:1064>. But this asset is faulty and gives me this error:
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'nv_meta.texture.txt'.
This makes the cars unusable.:'( And then for the Diner and sleeper cars, they require <kuid:160048:1067> which I have been searching for and cannot find.
So if anybody can help fix these major problems I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks!

I know I have been asking for help on this in another thread of mine but I wanted one that is specifically for this problem. My problem is I am trying to install the coaches from the download section on the Amtrak trainz Group Website (http://s4.zetaboards.com/amtkz/index/). For the amfleet cars, they require Amtrak Pioneer III Truck,<kuid:160048:1064>. But this asset is faulty and gives me this error:
This makes the cars unusable.:'( And then for the Diner and sleeper cars, they require <kuid:160048:1067> which I have been searching for and cannot find.
So if anybody can help fix these major problems I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks!

Open up the faulty asset, the truck and see if the actual texture exists. If it doesn't try deleting the correspoding .texture.txt file and see if that fixes the error by checking the errors again.

If it does not fix the problem and or the texture exists, undo the delete and run one of PEV's Tools that can fix the error.

Once the problem is resolved, close explorer, commit the asset to save it to the database, and see if all the problems go away. This should fix your dependency.

John

Open up the faulty asset, the truck and see if the actual texture exists. If it doesn't try deleting the correspoding .texture.txt file and see if that fixes the error by checking the errors again.

If it does not fix the problem and or the texture exists, undo the delete and run one of PEV's Tools that can fix the error.

Once the problem is resolved, close explorer, commit the asset to save it to the database, and see if all the problems go away. This should fix your dependency.

John
Hi, The texture does exist and I am wondering where I can find one of PEV's tools and what to do with it.
Thanks!

PEV's tools are available at http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm
If you use his Mesh-Text-Viewer you can see what textures are actually used in the mesh and how they are used. If a texture is not use in the mesh then obviously it can be deleted. If it is used but in one of these names slots:
TEX_AMBIENT
TEX_SPECULAR
TEX_SHINE
TEX_SHINESTRENGTH
TEX_SELFILLUM
then use the PM2IM with strip textures option on.

Bob Weber

PEV's tools are available at http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm
If you use his Mesh-Text-Viewer you can see what textures are actually used in the mesh and how they are used. If a texture is not use in the mesh then obviously it can be deleted. If it is used but in one of these names slots:
TEX_AMBIENT
TEX_SPECULAR
TEX_SHINE
TEX_SHINESTRENGTH
TEX_SELFILLUM
then use the PM2IM with strip textures option on.

Bob Weber
Ok im confused. I downloaded the Mesh text viewer, I opened up the texture and now im stuck. and I cant edit anything in the viewer. And I when I commit I also get this error:
Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-6f\copytempsrcbo6v57s46\nv_meta.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

Last edited:
It's called a Mesh-Text-Viewer. It's not an editor. The only way to change anything in a mesh file (.im or .pm) is with the PM2IM tool or with a hexeditor. The Mesh-Text-Viewer helps you determine is something is wrong in the mesh file so that you can use the appropriate tool to correct it.

Bob Weber

I right click Amtrak Pioneer III Truck,<kuid:160048:1064> and select Edit - Edit in Explorer. I used Mesh-Text-Viewer to check what textures are used with truck.im. No nv_meta texture is used so I deleted nv_meta.texture.txt, saved and commit without error.

Bob Weber

An existing kuid that is in the DLS can only be changed by the author or by Auran/N3V with their asset cleanup program. This correction to the Viewliner is very simple. Using the Content Manager, right click the kuid and select Edit - Edit in Explorer. Then delete the file nv_meta.texture.txt, save and commit. Nothing could be simpler.

Bob Weber

An existing kuid that is in the DLS can only be changed by the author or by Auran/N3V with their asset cleanup program. This correction to the Viewliner is very simple. Using the Content Manager, right click the kuid and select Edit - Edit in Explorer. Then delete the file nv_meta.texture.txt, save and commit. Nothing could be simpler.

Bob Weber

I got it! Thanks! But how do I fix the viewliners? They are missing <kuid:160048:1067>. Thanks!!

I got it! Thanks! But how do I fix the viewliners? They are missing <kuid:160048:1067>. Thanks!!

An existing kuid that is in the DLS can only be changed by the author or by Auran/N3V with their asset cleanup program. This correction to the Viewliner is very simple. Using the Content Manager, right click the kuid and select Edit - Edit in Explorer. Then delete the file nv_meta.texture.txt, save and commit.
Bob Weber
I cant find the file in expolrer i feel bad about this i cant get it no matter what

when I recently changed servers. I went thru and double checked all of the Jefff944 beta stuff to make sure nothing was missing. All the cdps should be updated. If your missing something I would suggest re-downloading it.

None of those items will be put on the DLS. I'm sorry. This is an internal issue, as I am not the actual creator of the assets I cannot upload them, and Jefff944 is rarely around anymore & has stopped working on these.

peter

Back