Getting close to packing it all in!

Reecek

I have had so much bad luck with this game, it's unbelievable, I installed this over a week ago and still haven't been able to play due to huge errors in the game. Today I did a "Quick database repair" that doesn't actually repair a thing only reports every time I run it that I had over 440 errors! So I thought I would completely remove it and re-install, I discovered that Trainz 2010 was replaced by Murchison 2 in the "Add/Remove Programs" list, and pressing uninstall failed, lucky I had a backup of the Trains (44088 basic) folder and copied the contents over this then I was able to uninstall.:eek:
Now I re-installed it then updated immediately to 44088 then run the game after it checks assets etc it launched ok, I then ran Content Manager, entered user name etc and exited, a Quick data base repair" check had been run and the dialog box just disappeared so I assume that means ok.
I then checked the Trainz folder and there are 3 txt files:
JetLog.txt
launcherLog.txt
TrainzDiagLog.txt
here is the contents:
JetLog.txt:

Begin:
? 0:00.5 : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $void@Servlet::SetPersistentData(string,Soup)
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $void@Servlet::GetPersistentData(string,Soup)
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $int@Servlet::AdminValidateLogin(string,string)
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $Soup@Servlet::AdminListAvailableServlets(int)
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $Soup@Servlet::AdminListInstalledServlets(int)
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $bool@Servlet::AdminInstallContent(int,KUID)
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $bool@Servlet::AdminStartServlet(int,KUID)
? 0:04.8 : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $void@Servlet::AdminStopServlet(int,KUID)
? 0:06.0 : ScriptLog> GSMachine::GetLibrary> library '0x9F27EDD0 0x5D31E279' not found in link table
? 0:06.0 : ScriptLog> GSMachine: Error -2 loading library c:\games\ts2010/UserData/cache/libraries/d615b4d78c54b692.gsl (auranachievementsservlet.gs)
? 0:09.9 : SCRIPT> >>>DataBundleHelper.Init>>> init databundlehelper libray v7 done.
? 0:31.3 : ScriptLog> GSRouter::Done(), 1 outstanding node(s)
? 0:31.8 : ** Packed Heap Summary **
? 0:31.8 : #TrackStretch - 0k unused, 0k used, 0k free
? 0:31.8 : #TrackVertex - 0k unused, 0k used, 0k free
? 0:31.8 : #SpatialContainer - 0k unused, 0k used, 0k free
? 0:31.8 : #MapObject - 0k unused, 0k used, 0k free
? 0:31.8 : StitchedMeshWorld - 0k unused, 0k used, 0k free
? 0:31.8 : #BlockArray - 0k unused, 0k used, 1023k free
? 0:31.8 : #GSContext - 0k unused, 0k used, 1023k free
? 0:31.8 : #GSMachine - 0k unused, 0k used, 1023k free
? 0:31.8 : FileSubArchive - 0k unused, 0k used, 1023k free
? 0:31.8 : #jetstd:: - 6k unused, 2k used, 1014k free
? 0:31.8 : #StringData - 1627k unused, 887k used, 556k free
? 0:31.8 : ** - **
End.
launcherLog.txt:
Begin:
? 0:00.1 : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tbumpcoltex'
? 0:00.1 : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tbumpglosscol'
? 0:00.1 : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tgroundonetex'
? 0:00.1 : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tgroundonetexvs'
? 0:05.8 : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
? 0:05.9 : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
End.
TrainzDiagLog.txt:
Begin:
? 0:00.1 : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
End.
Now I haven't added anything or even played the game, only installed it and applied the 1.5 hour long 44088 update!!
Could someone please tell me what I have done wrong?:'(

Forget the logs. I've been using Trainz since v1.3 and i don't believe I have ever consulted them - not once.

You say that the game launches OK, so what ACTUAL problems are you having running the thing...

Andy

What Andy said!

I don't believe those are real errors. Also, if you perform a validation (see Zec Murphy's instructions in the TS2010 forum sticky regarding assets incorrectly marked as faulty), you can also weed out real errors from erroneously-reported ones.

OK!! Just seems like every turn I make I get errors!:confused: At this stage I have the following to add:
Blue Comet
Murchison 2
EK3
EK3 ST (this is what caused the hundreds of errors and why I uninstalled it all)
When installing Murchison 2 it asks if I want it stand alone or add to Trainz, I always select the latter, is this correct?
After each install should I do a Quick Database Repair check?
At this point in time I am actually scared to do anything in case of errors!
Thanks.

As for Murchison 2, probably what you want is to install it into your current Trainz. Installing as stand-alone allows one to play that route without owning a copy of Trainz itself. It also has another advantage in that it prevents payware assets being mixed in with the rest of your assets, which could be a boon if you're developing routes, since you shouldn't have payware intermixed with your (presumably) freeware assets for your routes.

I never needed to do a database repair (apart from my original TS2010 installation) and I own pretty much addon Auran as published. If you want to do one, follow Zec's instructions which I already mentioned. But I think Dermmy was right in that you should just play the game and let us know if anything actually doesn't work. Trainz is known to give false alarms too! :)

I have the following to add:
EK3 ST (this is what caused the hundreds of errors and why I uninstalled it all)

While acknowledging that you are struggling with a steep learning curve - and more power to you for hanging in - there is quite simply NO WAY that installing EK3ST caused hundreds of errors.

Some EK3 content carries 'warnings' (which you ignore, they are mostly directed at content creators not at end users) but EK3ST is a 'Native Mode' route and content with errors simply will not work - and in fact cannot be used - in Native Mode. I can guarantee you that there are exactly NO errors in content used in EK3ST.

I suspect that you got a corrupted data base (possibly from shutting your system down too soon after closing Trainz), and CM threw up a swag of erroneous error messages which are quickly and easily fixed by following the instructions in the sticky right near the top of the TS10 forum page...

Andy

Last edited:
The list you get after a database repair is not a list of errors but is a list of what it fixed! In general, you don't need to keep runing database repair. You should mostly be concerned with kuids that show errors or missing dependencies in CM3.3. You may have a 100 faulty kuids but you only need to fix those that you're actually using in a route.

Bob Weber

After I installed EK3 ST I ended up with about 2 pages of missing assets, most of the cdp's caused errors not warnings, after the database repair this is the result: Whoops, see My mistake below.
CMPErrors-03.jpg

You could run this many times over but the results were always the same, nothing was fixed and since there were so many I must assume something went wrong somewhere, Is there an order that the assets should be installed?

Edit:
This is the EK3 ST List additional to the EK3 assets:
EK3STAssetslist.jpg

My mistake, it was the Clovis Sub v2.1 that caused all the errors:
ClovisSubv21Assetslist.jpg

Last edited:
After I installed EK3 ST I ended up with about 2 pages of missing assets

Installing almost any route will yield a list of 'missing' assets. These are route assets which are neither built-in nor on the DLS. All of my routes carry a comprehensive list of 3rd party assets, complete with links. If you work through the list there are no missing assets. None.

There ARE however currently a couple of issues with content for my sessions due to third party sites closing or changing page names, but I am fixing those issues as they come to my attention.

Route content though was 100% available last time I checked the lists and that was just two or three weeks ago.

My mistake, it was the Clovis Sub v2.1 that caused all the errors:

Clovis Sub v2.1 did not CAUSE errors. Clovis is a TRS04 route built long before error checking was an issue. If you install old content into TRS2009 or higher you will get errors - lots and lots of them, but that is nothing to do with the route.

Clovis 2 will run in TRS04 or 06, that's what it was built for.

Clovis2 will run in TRS09 without you fixing a thing.

Clovis2 will run in TS10 Compatibility Mode with all content used as-downloaded with nothing 'fixed' - just leave it 'faulty'. there is nothing in any of the 'faults' which will stop the content from working in Comp Mode.

Clovis2 will NOT run in TS10 'Native Mode' -or- TS12 without you doing a LOT of asset repairs. But it was never supposed to...

Andy ;)

OK Andy I will leave Clovis out!
After I had installed Trainz and the 44088 patch I had the errors in the txt files as explained above, I proceeded to Install The "Blue Comet", and ran the "Quick database repair" to check that all was OK, and yes no problems, I went into Trainz and tested!:)
I then proceeded to install EK3, so I exited Trainz and entered Contents Manager, went to file\import cdp's and selected all except the East_Kentucky_3_v1.1.cdp, thought I'd do this on its own, I got lots of warnings and one error:
ErrorsduringEK3Install-1.jpg

I then imported the East_Kentucky_3_v1.1.cdp, after some time all seemed to go through without any problems, no missing dependencies!
I then ran the "Quick database repair" and got this::'(
ErrorsduringEK3Install-2.jpg

What should I do?:confused:

LOL

What you should do is stop running database repairs! There is no need, but I think I have worked out where you are going wrong...

I suspect you are seeing a 'faulty' asset and are running a Database Repair in an attempt to make the asset 'fixed'. A 'Database Repair' has nothing to do with faulty assets - or at least not in that sense!

Asset repair is a one-by-one thing done manually by the user. A 'Database Repair' is a very occasional requirement needed to fix an issue where Trainz is failing to properly recognise the entire body of content. That's not quite right either, but near enough.

A clarification on the two EK3s:

EK3v1.1 is a Compatibility Mode route because it uses billboard trees. But because it is Comp Mode it can - and does - use faulty content. Don't fix it, you don't need to. It will run fine. I haven't 'fixed' mine either!

EK3-ST is a Native Mode route. To the best of my knowledge it contains NO faulty content because faulty content cannot be used in Native Mode. I have fixed very very few assets and those I have fixed were very simple repairs - config typos and the like. I try very hard to keep those 'fixed' assets out of my routes to make it as easy as possible to download and install the routes. If any have snuck into EK3-ST don't run a database repair, post the specific kuid(s) in this thread and I will get back with a 'fixed' config.

Confused? Keep asking questions...

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Wish I could laugh, I don't see anything to laugh about!!:eek:
First off from install I have 3 log files all saying I have many errors and I am supposed to ignore this as they are false reports, seems silly having them there then IMO! Now I am to ignore the errors shown by the Quick database repair as these also are reporting rubbish, now since I can never use this option to fix anything, since it will always report 100's of errors, what is the point of it being there?:confused: I don't know what the difference is between Native Mode and Compatibility Mode regarding the 2 EK3 routes since both are marked as TS2010, half the parts are the same in both.
One thing I will mention is that when installing the cdp's I always select "skip" if assets already exist, I can only assume this is correct.:eek:

Clovis works with no errors, well some dependencies, but only a couple, simple or not-important things
Well, for me anyway

Jamie

What I would like to know is why is the database repairer reporting 400 errors where as before I installed EK3 there were none?
The only reason I ran this is to see if there were any errors in the database!
If you do a quick database repair Andy what does yours report?:eek:

Edit:
I never had any of these issues with 2004 or 2006.

What I would like to know is why is the database repairer reporting 400 errors where as before I installed EK3 there were none?
The only reason I ran this is to see if there were any errors in the database!
If you do a quick database repair Andy what does yours report?:eek:

Edit:
I never had any of these issues with 2004 or 2006.

Apart from after installing patches I have never done a database repair, they are a last-resort fix for major content-related program glitches. What I still can't work out is why you are doing them at all.

Just install the route, install the content, run the route and have fun. Report any specific asset issues here or anywhere in the TS10 forum and folks will help you sort things out.

What you are looking for is assets in CM which have a red exclamation point icon, they are the assets that need fixed, but they are NOT fixed by running a DB repair...

Andy :)

Repeated running of database repairs can cause previously fixed errors to reappear, or even new errors appearing (ones that only appear if an asset is opened for edit and recommitted) due to the fact it validates every single asset in the database (apart from possibly built-in assets, unless they have been modified)

Shane

Ok, I have the following not to mention about a dozen warnings in yellow:
EK3Errors.jpg

in order excluding East Kentucky 3 v1.1 asset:

Error: The Tag 'trigger-radius' is not permitted within a container of type 'scenery-trackside'.

Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'trackline/trackline.texture.txt'.
Error: The tag 'name' in container 'bridge' is empty.

Last edited:
Try right-clicking the assets and choosing 'View Errors and Warnings'.

For a proper list of error assets, use 'Faulty: True' as a search.

Shane

EDIT: Solutions to errors reported above:

The trackline.texture.txt error: Delete the mentioned file from the asset's folder.
The name issue: Should be safe to remove the mentioned tag from the config.txt.

Shane

Last edited:
Ok, I have the following not to mention about a dozen warnings in yellow:
EK3Errors.jpg

in order excluding East Kentucky 3 v1.1 asset:

Error: The Tag 'trigger-radius' is not permitted within a container of type 'scenery-trackside'.

Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'trackline/trackline.texture.txt'.

The defects detector is not a dependency of EK3
Track 19c is not a dependency of EK3

The two JJS bridges will work in Compatibility Mode (which is specified as the intended mode for this route) without doing anything. If you want to run it in 'Native' (and I don't know why you would, the trees simply won't look right in Native) open the assets for edit (Ctrl+Shift+E) click the config.txt icon and delete the line 'name'. Delete the whole line not just the text, there are about 20 spaces. Best way is to place the cursor at the beginning of the line below and backspace till 'name' is gone. Save, close and Commit (Ctrl+M)

The yellow warnings are irrelevant, for the most part they are directed at the content creator suggesting a better way things might have been done. Content with warnings will work perfectly well in either mode without being touched.

Andy :)

Last edited:
You will get used to having errors, that require manual fixing ... that's why it is called: freeware ... it is not fully checked for errors, before uploading to the DLS, or to 3rd party sites, and can very, very, very often contain faults that require complex fixing.

Besides ... You can not leave ... you are one ... you are Borg ... You will be assimulated !

Back