Steam in the 21st Century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and okes is spelled........... okies.

Back to you.................

Always wondered what kind of an aardvark you are, that is to say, where are you from?

Listen, I agree with you okes/okies/men/manne, anything nuke is just a little bit scary, had a nice chat though.

Groetnis.

Ok, this is getting out of hand. Robogo drop your nuclear idea it will never happen. And sometimes people living next to nuclear power plants get health problems, especially babies and minors that are expose to radiation in the area.

This whole thread will never happen, steam will never return to the railways of your Europe or America. you can easily list three reasons running costs, safety and outdated technology

it's that simple
Bill

I still think your not looking at the future, were is there in writing on papers that say steam will never come back as dominant power? As I said before steam will come back but will be sometime before it will. Diesels will leave the rails faster than steam did, due to the fact that operation costs will catch up with them in the future. So whats in the rails future electric and steam will the only options in the future to make it.

Always wondered what kind of an aardvark you are, that is to say, where are you from?

Groetnis.

Sorry to disappoint you robogo.... but not from the Carolina's.

Only reason we are here is to be close to our grandchildren.

Bye.........

I still think your not looking at the future, were is there in writing on papers that say steam will never come back as dominant power? .

Try reading some history about railroads and steam.

It is there in writing...and....on paper.

There are several links in this thread that will provide you with the documentation you seek.

Better idea.... buy some stock in a USA railroad, go to a shareholders meeting and ask them in person. When they stop laughing, they may answer you.

Bye....

Just love the internet, turns out the Russians are in the process of building a NUCLEAR POWERED TRAIN.

Remember, never say never.

The Russians also built a nuclear power plant in Chernobyl and that did not go well for them. That story is also on the internet.

Regards,

Last edited:
Much, much more people dies from motorcar accidents, or hunger, or murder, or aids, every year, than all the people that died in nuclear related incidents in history.

Yea that train has 11 support cars to run it. Steam alone will never need that.

This thread is done, it is out of hand. I will be getting N3V/Auran to close this thread. I just wish people would get along and have a fair discussion about the steam topic.

Yea that train has 11 support cars to run it. Steam alone will never need that.

This thread is done, it is out of hand. I will be getting N3V/Auran to close this thread. I just wish people would get along and have a fair discussion about the steam topic.

Thanks NNF901,

It has been enjoyable conversing with you.

Report the thread to the MODS, and as you are the thread originator, they will close or remove it for you.

Use the little red triangle at the top of any post to request closure.

Later.....

Thanks NNF901,

It has been enjoyable conversing with you.

Report the thread to the MODS, and as you are the thread originator, they will close or remove it for you.

Use the little red triangle at the top of any post to request closure.

Later.....

The same has been with you to, I enjoyed talking to you aardvark1, you have done well on research and posting on this topic. Maybe someday talking via PM?

Sad to do this, but good-bye topic, it has been somewhat good....:'( :'( :'( :'(

It has been sent................................

Last edited:
" I just wish people would get along and have a fair discussion about the steam topic."

It's not "fair" to tell you the reasons why it's not practical?

Well, I have read through this whole thread and some of the discussion was encouraging.
Personally I think people need to have goals that are grand, even if they aren't practical. Where would we be now if people listened to every naysayer, and took every fact against their dreams as immutable?

Thomas Edison didn't get it right the first attempt, but he used his failures to build success. Dream on NevadaNorthernFan901, and make it happen!:)

Well, I have read through this whole thread and some of the discussion was encouraging.
Personally I think people need to have goals that are grand, even if they aren't practical. Where would we be now if people listened to every naysayer, and took every fact against their dreams as immutable?

Thomas Edison didn't get it right the first attempt, but he used his failures to build success. Dream on NevadaNorthernFan901, and make it happen!:)

Thanks Euphod! It helps me greatly. Just like the famous quote " Never Give Up, Never Surrender!" I sure will make it happen, you just wait! It is just like my sig on the bottom, it also applies to machines and things.

NevadaNorthernFan901

Once again, I'd like to ask who here has ever worked on a steam locomotive.....

The nature of the beast is that even with modern technology like roller bearings, roller bearing rods, steam locomotives take a huge amount of work to keep running, and because of the nature of an expanding and contracting boiler under pressure, the boilers take a huge pounding, and staybolts have to be replaced at every inspection.

Does steam have a place on the mainlines? Sure, for special excursions. But I ask everyone here to go work on a steam locomotive, a working steam locomotive, for a year or so, and tell me that you can build a whole fleet of 21st century steam locomotives, and design them to be cheaper to run then a diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back