Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme Weather, Heat Wave, Forest Fire Condition, Flood activity in your area ?

A Massachusetts man is selling Styrofoam coolers, of 6 lbs of snow for $89, and 16 lbs of snow for $169 ... who the heck would buy snow ? And without dry ice the Styrofoam coolers full of ice would be melted water, if shipped via UPS, or shipped via truck ... lol ... Snow for sale: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/25/us/mas...ing-snow-feat/

http://shipsnowyo.com/

Is it legal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qYrigmv6sI#t=245

Is it legal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYHh168evfE#t=11
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; March 1st, 2015 at 10:38 PM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    A Massachusetts man is selling Styrofoam coolers, of 6 lbs of snow for $89, and 16 lbs of snow for $169 ... who the heck would buy snow ? And without dry ice the Styrofoam coolers full of ice would be melted water, if shipped via UPS, or shipped via truck ... lol ... Snow for sale: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/25/us/mas...ing-snow-feat/

http://shipsnowyo.com/
    He ships them with ice packs which is enough to keep them cool to their destination and he allows for some melting. They've made a big to do about it in the local news repeatedly over the past few days.

John
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

The local news here has made a big to do about it and keep repeating the thing over and over. He's been shipping more than enough to allow for melting and packs the container with ice packs which keeps it cool enough for getting the slushy snow to the destination.

If he runs out of white stuff, he can come up to my yard and have some, but he'll have to share some of his profit.

John
    John

Blog Entries

I wonder what you could get for a snow cone ? And if he's giving documentation as to being official Mass. snow
    work hard, Play harder

But as the containers are not sterile, and the snow is contaminated with soot, cinders, polution, dog pee, it is regulated by the FDA as a contaminated food product, as he is also packing re-used empty CVS water bottles of snow, which people will ingest across the country ... Ice is a food ... and can not be shipped across State lines, unless it is, tested, and certified, safe for human consumption by the FDA.

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    But as the containers are not sterile, and the snow is contaminated with soot, cinders, polution, dog pee, it is regulated by the FDA as a contaminated food product, as he is also packing re-used empty CVS water bottles of snow, which people will ingest across the country ... Ice is a food ... and can not be shipped across State lines, unless it is, tested, and certified, safe for human consumption by the FDA.
    That's his problem! I think he's shipping it for snowball use and not for consumption. If people choose to eat it, it's their problem.

Remember the majority of people around these parts have you-know-what for brains!

John
    John

Blog Entries

It is snowing fast now, and has been snowing for awhile! There's about 6 inches now, and we got off school today.
    Supporter of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

United States of America, Washington, Fox Island

All those "snow days" you will have to make-up during spring break.

John

Yup. John is right, MeowRailroad. Every day you take off now means a longer stay at the end of the year or during your April vacation.

We're warming up! Yay! The temps are approaching 50F by next Thursday.

Now we face the big melt
    John

Well, I just came in from 2 hours worth of shoveling 8 inches of snow! That's the biggest yet and while I'm a fan of Winter, I must admit the sights and sounds of Spring will be welcome!

Andrew

No Glasgow is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkNose View Post
    Well, I just came in from 2 hours worth of shoveling 8 inches of snow! That's the biggest yet and while I'm a fan of Winter, I must admit the sights and sounds of Spring will be welcome!

Andrew
    You can have your turn! Kidding of course! I've had enough of this white stuff. Give me a good thunderstorm and super cell any day.

John
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jkinzel View Post
    All those "snow days" you will have to make-up during spring break.
    Not in my school! We got another snow day today!
    Supporter of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

United States of America, Tennessee, Lewisburg

Low 80's here today (eat your hearts out gents, lol). On the other hand we have hurricanes, line squalls, and an annual infestation of snowbirds to contend with.

Ben
    Trestle Man

United States of America, Washington, Fox Island

Ben, I have never met them, but about a mile from me are a couple that drive from Florida to Gig Harbor, WA every year and spend the summer.

They say these mild winters are going to be the new "normal". Great, after 66 years I still haven't figured out what the old "normal" was. It used to be cold and wet, it's still cold and wet.

As for us folks in the upper left hand corner of the map, I can't imagine what mother nature has in store for us. The weather people are predicting a warmer than normal summer and that will be good for the tomatoes, but not much else.
    April is "Earthquake Preparedness month". That's a hint. We are about one or two hundred years over due for the "big one". I check here often to see what is going on. Go to Community Resources and click on "Recent Earthquakes". http://www.geophys.washington.edu/

Regards,

John