PRR Locomotives

prre6

** Fire Department**
PRR Locomotives in Trainz vs. MSTS

There is a HUGE lack of PRR steam power in Trainz agreed? :eek: I have a lot of friends that still use MSTS based on the amount of PRR steam in MSTS. My friends also make fun of me and the Trainz community as a whole for not having as much PRR steam and named trains as MSTS. :(

With that said, I would like to issue a challenge to mesh makers and content creators! :D There is one train to my knowledge that MSTS does not have from the PRR in any form (freeware/payware) and that is the Pennsylvania Special. This is true yes? YES IT IS! My challenge is for a team to make this train as it appeared behind an E-3sd like this one here and the origional pullman coaches as in the origional consist. If you need halp I have the resources to give info (as I'm sure you do to.) Good luck to all accepting this challenge! Let's make MSTS jelous! :D :hehe:

Fred

Last edited:
There is a HUGE lack of PRR steam power in Trainz agreed? :eek: I have a lot of friends that still use MSTS based on the amount of PRR steam in MSTS. My friends also make fun of me and the Trainz community as a whole for not having as much PRR steam and named trains as MSTS. :(

With that said, I would like to issue a challenge to mesh makers and content creators! :D There is one train to my knowledge that MSTS does not have from the PRR in any form (freeware/payware) and that is the Pennsylvania Special. This is true yes? YES IT IS! My challenge is for a team to make this train as it appeared behind an E-3sd like this one here and the origional pullman coaches as in the origional consist. If you need halp I have the resources to give info (as I'm sure you do to.) Good luck to all accepting this challenge! Let's make MSTS jelous! :D :hehe:

Fred

Fred,

This is quite a challenge for the people, and being a very minimal modeler, I can say that if there are any in the works, they will be released when the time comes because the process takes a very long time to happen.

Now I know that there is some in the works at the moment by various people, and N3V will be issuing the T1 "soon" because it's on pre-order at the moment. In the past were some MP54s up on the DLS. They're pretty old models and I don't know their status anymore.

I know this is a pretty big challenge. But I don't know of a project this size that has been started by someone in the community and was completed. Projects like this become vaporware.

Fred

There is a HUGE lack of PRR steam power in Trainz agreed? :eek: ...

There are a Pennsy 4-4-2, 4-6-2, 2-8-2, and 2-8-0 on the download station. But they'll need some work to run in TRS2009 and later...

Steam-wise, things are much better today than they used to be in Trainz, but we can never have too many American steam locomotives in Trainz!

There are a Pennsy 4-4-2, 4-6-2, 2-8-2, and 2-8-0 on the download station. But they'll need some work to run in TRS2009 and later...

Steam-wise, things are much better today than they used to be in Trainz, but we can never have too many American steam locomotives in Trainz!

This is true, but I'm aiming form prototypical locomotives. The K4 is not exactly up to par. There are no locomotives (PRR) that have the in-cab signals, there is not 2-10-0 or 4-8-2 or 4-4-2 or other Pennsy locomotive on the DLS that has any prototypical features like the in-cab signals or banchee whistles (granted the whistle can be changed.) The 4-4-2 and 2-8-0 need a cab also (I would make one myself, but I have no idea how to.)

Fred

I forget who but somebody is making like all the prr steam engines so it will be awhile for you get them.

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but no our project is not stopped, and except for textures, the PRR K4 is almost done at this point. We still are planning at least the M1a, I1s and the J1. Look for more updates in another thread to come.

Josh

Back