Clumsy user or THREAT LEVEL 1 from BNSF1010

RoysTrainz

Rembrandt van Trainz
got this pm this morning with header code

Hi im new and i need help with trainz 2006 im running it on windows 7 / vista and its no URL key and i typed the key and it says the same thing:(

ANYONE else get this kind of pm or saw this "user" around location Canada it says.....

Please follow up on this guy

Roy:eek:

Hello Roy,

I have always made a point of not responding to a PM if I do not know who the member is. I always check profile details, number of posts made, any screenshots submitted in the various threads, etc. If I cannot find any information that would prove to me that this person is a long standing, genuine, forum member, then I generally ignore them, especially, if they request assets and other items of content to be e-mailed to them.
If they have a problem with their serial key number, or, anything else to do with the core game, they should be encouraged to contact the NV3 helpdesk directly.

Do you know this person??

If they live in Canada, and you live in Thailand it sounds a bit iffy for them to contact you directly, they are probably waiting for some newbie to come along who may think they are helping them by giving them their serial code key number as this person may have a pirated version, if you do this then you cannot utilise your game anymore, so, I'd ignore them if I was you.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Bottom right side of every private message, next to the Reply button, is a Forward button. Hit that button, and in the window who to forward it to, type in Zec Murphy or one of the other moderators. That will send him a copy of the message so he can deal with it.

Already deleted that one as stupid and suspicious

Bottom right side of every private message, next to the Reply button, is a Forward button. Hit that button, and in the window who to forward it to, type in Zec Murphy or one of the other moderators. That will send him a copy of the message so he can deal with it.

thanks i know but guess Zec and Co have already a big load of job to do with the new patch

Roy;)

Forward it to any moderator, if someone is in here fishing for illegal activation codes don't you think they would want to know about it? Telling all of us doesn't accomplish anything, what are we supposed to do about it?

thanks i know but guess Zec and Co have already a big load of job to do with the new patch

Roy;)

Roy,

Please do forward this over to Zec. Even still send it in as a helpdesk message. I've done that before, and they've thanked me for the information.

John

the answer to his question has been answered as well see here

One thing I wish that could be implemented is that if you search for a user have it display what versions they have registered if they haven't posted a post.

If you mean for the version map to be displayed on a user's profile as well as his posts, then I second this, and have thought about it for a little while now. :D It seems that a user profile page can display every thing except for the version map. It only makes sense to put it on the user profile page also (if possible), rather than only on that user's posts. :eek:

Regards.

If you mean for the version map to be displayed on a user's profile as well as his posts, then I second this, and have thought about it for a little while now. :D It seems that a user profile page can display every thing except for the version map. It only makes sense to put it on the user profile page also (if possible), rather than only on that user's posts. :eek:

Regards.

You are correct and I have made a suggestion in the suggestions forum as well.

Back