Fictional Railroads

That would have been the built-in HP track. However that route no longer uses it. I would suggest either the JR track or the SAM track.

peter

Midwest Railroad, a fictitious Class 1 out of Kalamazoo. Well over 3000 locomotives in the fleet. Check out the Redmond thread for a paint scheme and the I need your input thread for the industrial scheme.

Jonestown, Evergreen, and Hamilton Railroad - JEH aka "Atlantic Longhaul Lines" which for the name is amazingly short. The name is the result of insanely ambitious marketing scheme and a desire to create a railroad well beyond the scope of it's actual mileage and territory.

I have yet to work out the exact history.

frogpipe_20130716_0002_zpsac434ef1.jpg

Could do a GP9/7 from the new VMD website?
I made up a new railroad, but since the camera is gone, cant take a photo of a new railroad (Inspired by the White Pass and Yukon RR), the Alaska South-East System/railroad. Its a NG railroad and im planning to find some NG stuff. (Mabye , a fictional C44-9W in NG?(Would like that)) :wave::):D:p P.s. What about a SD40-2NG

you could do a BB40-8 I think or a DDM45 or something. there is also some NG SD40 out there in Brazil. I think its a BB40-2 or something.

Here are my two, the Alabama & Southeastern RR
8a00a9e6f2b2d71cd12a38c1eaa50312.jpg

And the New Castle Northern RR
ef4b7258980040d09d77d362eba2fb17.jpg

The A&SE has a reeeaaaalllllyyyy well developed history, not so much for the NCNO, it's a lot newer. I'm considering adding a third RR to the mix, trying to decide which of my to-be RR concepts I want to fill the spot. The Norfolk Northern is currently in the lead for that nomination.

Hey everybody! I'm back!:)

Sorry if i'm bumping. I've decided to add new facts to my railroads history cause I have new ideas and I want to add new facts to my railway's history which mirrors real life. So here's my third part of my railroad.:cool:

The railway and it predecessors were always willing to try new ideas throughout its history and was one of the firsts to do so. Something either the railways never thought of or never willing to do.

It adapted both british and American standard practices for running the railway back when the s&m railway was the first railway on berrybush island with American rolling stock and british styled high leveled boarding and station platforms for easier loading of passengers and cargo and crossing gates protected by guards and having tracks fenced off and needing headlights and cowcatchers in case should animals stray onto the line and trainshed type stations with glassed arched roofs provided protection of the passengers from the elements. It had developed the idea of adding plush cushioning to the seats of its passenger cars back then before the Pullman cars were even made later on.

It was one of the first railroads to ever pioneered with the "piggyback" concept of having wagons on flatcars. beginning in the middle 1850's to early 1860's, they developed a new concept to transport the horse-drawn wagons loaded with berries to towns more easily, by loading the wagons on top of flatcars and have the horses ride in stockcars on the same train as so. it eventually caught on with other railroads over time, like the long island railroad, and eventually, they did it with delivery trucks on flatcars in the 1910's and 1920's and then with truck trailers in the 1950's, and eventually they adapted the intermodel container transport concept in the 1980's and the service continues to this day.

Before automatic couplers were made, coupling the cars was very dangerous. They had adopted the british concept idea of coupling the cars by having two brakemen performing the operation, with one brakeman using a shunters pole to guide the link of one car backing down to another car, while the other would be waiting with a grappler in hand ready to drop the pin into the waiting car into the coupler housing when the other car came in & it worked well for several years with less brakemen injuries until the invention of automatic couplers soon put an end to it.

It had provided emergency services during the civil war by running escape trains through a chief jointed effort by the northern railroads to allow the slaves who were held captive in the south were ferried to rescue & escape trains by the three railroads on berrybush island to escape to the island and seek refuge during the war. when the civil war ended, the slaves were free to leave the island once slavery was abolished but some has chosen to stay & started a new life on berrybush island & find employment on the railway as railway workers & engine men on the island.

It was of the first railroads to ever adapt the advancement in safety devices for safe workmanship. They were the first to adopt the Westinghouse air system for their engines & rolling stock & while most railroad were unwilling to accept the air brake, the three railways on berrybush island were not. Despite brakemen being hesitant to accept the air brake, they soon realize otherwise when fatalities were reduced on freight trains. They were also the first into adopting the automatic couplers for their engines & cars. Although the three railroads were critized for accepting the safety advancements by other railroad presidents, even the skeptical corneilious commodore Vanderbilt as well, by choosing safety over profits, it soon proved the other railroads otherwise in a few years by 1893 when safety laws & such were passed which required the safety advancements to be added.

The danger of overturned coal stoves was long been awared of by the railways themselves and for years they been finding many ways to eliminate this danger present by experimenting with various extinguishing systems to extinguish the fires in case the stoves overturned and to make them safer like single cast-in pipes that are made as one solid casting, tight lock doors so the burning embers wouldn't spill out and bolted down bottoms so the stoves wouldn't separate or the stoves as one solid casted structure and added vent pipes alongside the sides of the car roofs themselves with the pipes above the windows on the inside and this went on for years until the invention of the steam heating system soon put an end to it and eliminated the dangers of overturned stoves.

After the war, It had acquired a fleet of passenger cars from the Chesapeake and ohio railway from their cancelled train the chessie to equip their new train the sliverlaker, put into service in 1950 to travel from Silverlake to boston and provide overnight services to Chicago on other railways. Some of the cars were from the C&O, and others were from the order of cars that were never built which the S&BRR had placed an order for from.

It has fitted Wi-Fi systems to all of it passenger cars to provide the passengers with internet connection to their phones and laptops and to provide information to railway officials on the railway in 2009.

It will be updated over time. expect to see something new once a while. I might physically rearrange my history and organize it, but for now, this is a preview.

A fourth part may be added, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Back