ECML Kings Cross too big

More RAM may be the answer for those of us still in T:ANE. Running SP4, ECML would not load reliably and took, as noted, forever. Bumped my RAM to 24 Gb and now it loads reliably in 3-4 minutes or less. Runs very well, too. There are occasional timing issues and it's best to run from a fresh start of Trainz to avoid them.

I've created several new side-route sessions recently and find it all goes along as smoothly as these things ever do. (They're on the DLS. If you're interested, look for "ECML" sessions.) The loss of the Driver Schedule rule makes life more difficult, as does the loss of the Wait On Trigger command, but those can be worked around.

The route builders put in a lot of poorly-placed (IMHO) Traffic Direction markers which prevent AI switching moves. Perhaps they had their reasons but in a lot of cases the logic escapes me. Scunthorpe and Immingham are the latest examples I've run in to. Nothing to do about that, unfortunately, except start your trains outside the yard.

:B~)

Hi Annie, i have him missing in "Peterborough - Skegness Passenger". Shows as unknown asset and missing.

Perhaps it is because i am running the 22+ beta build.

Thank you for letting me know.

Mike.

I have him as packaged in the following:
<kuid2:661281:110004:14> CP Rail Freight Run - a session for <kuid2:122860:100316:55> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin
<kuid2:661281:110029:3> Main Yard Switcher - a session for the same route as above
<kuid2:212731:501407:6> Pro Trainz®: 'Orient Express Part 1' by 3DZUG - Packaged in <kuid2:57230:100074:14> Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s)
<kuid2:212731:501408:3> Pro Trainz®: 'Orient Express Part 2' by 3DZUG - ditto

I have side stepped packaged driver characters in the past by opening an existing one for edit, copying the folder to my desktop, reverting the original and then:

Edit the desktop folder config.txt name and KUID for the missing one.

Drag and drop the desktop folder onto content manager.

CM ingests the asset and makes no complaints about where it came from.

I have started the session in question, but all the consists have drivers.

So i think i will just delete that kuid, from the config file.

Thank you Forester1 for the info and frogpipe for the suggested work around.

Mike.

Any idea what this is please buddy............. 523:19723447

One asset missing from your three sessions.

Mike.

Mike, I have no idea why he's showing. It is the driver Martin as Annie says and I have him installed (he's built in), but I have just checked and he is not in those sessions.

After I upload sessions, I delete them and download them from the DLS. Those are the ones I've checked, and he just ain't there. There are no portal consists for him to hide in, so I'm at a loss. There are no drivers listed with KUIDs even close.

First, do a database repair. If he's still showing, go to Content Manager and edit him out of the config.sys file. That might work. Or maybe a bit got shifted in your download, in which case deleting the sessions and re-downloading might work. Though I doubt that would happen in all three.

Sorry for your issue. Good luck.

Hahahahaha, you and me both buddy. :D I deleted him from the config and then another missing driver showed up. So i deleted him as well, but when i checked the driver setup. In the edit session screen, there are two consists that have drivers but not an avatar piccie. Plus driving the session, i seem to be missing two active consists. Yup i have done database repairs, including extended DBR's. But before deleting manually, thank you.

Anyway i have driven the pickup goods as far as Boston. Plus the Peterborough - Skegness passenger working as far as the first stop. Both very good thank you. No need to apologise, i always appreciate freeware sessions thanks.

Mike.

Could i politely ask why you didn't impliment auto pathing functionality at Boston, when picking up the three tank cars.

The junction itself is controlled by an electric point motor. As per the ones at Skegness, where the pathing was all automated.

So manual control (real world) is not possible. Also the pick up goods session has AWS activated. But the two passenger sessions, do not.

Sorry if i sound like i am nit picking.

Cheers,
Mike.

Could i politely ask why you didn't impliment auto pathing functionality at Boston, when picking up the three tank cars.

The junction itself is controlled by an electric point motor. As per the ones at Skegness, where the pathing was all automated.

So manual control (real world) is not possible. Also the pick up goods session has AWS activated. But the two passenger sessions, do not.

Sorry if i sound like i am nit picking.

Cheers,
Mike.

No prob, Mike.

Point 1, I decided to keep the load on the program engine down, which is important with ECML. Case in point, today I did some development work on a new ECML session. Then I exitted Trainz, did some work elsewhere, restarted Trainz and ran the Skeggie-Peterborough Local session. Got to Barkston Jct only to find the HST and Freightliner had left early. The latter was sitting on the switch, apparently waiting for a clear board, and from there everything went to Helston in a handcart. Guessing I better restart my PC, which is not a bad thing to do before running any ECML session...

Point 2, the DMU cab does not appear to be fitted with AWS, so in keeping with the prototype I left it out.

Fair enough in regards point 1, buddy. Trainz is the one train game i have never been able to create a session\scenario\activity for. I find it way to complicated with all the rules etc. So i have no idea how much load they put on the program or if route size causes problems.

In regards point 2, the Cravens 105 dmu's started having AWS fitted from 1961. So in your sessions time period, it should be in operation.

Regards,
Mike.

Fair enough in regards point 1, buddy. Trainz is the one train game i have never been able to create a session\scenario\activity for. I find it way to complicated with all the rules etc. So i have no idea how much load they put on the program or if route size causes problems.

In regards point 2, the Cravens 105 dmu's started having AWS fitted from 1961. So in your sessions time period, it should be in operation.

Regards,
Mike.

Thanks for that, Mike. I'll keep it in mind.

Back