Odd Pattern in Ultra Ballast?

boleyd

There is an odd pattern of clown like figures in Ultra ballast textures as shown below. My system could be infected with a circus of seasons past. Or, is there some other purpose for these figures?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Dick,

Those are called moire patterns and are caused by repeated patterns in the texture. You see them on printed works when the half-tone screen angles aren't rotated properly.

Try changing the scale of the texture up or down and rotating the texture differently unless there's a set direction, like north-south that should be used.

John

If you hold down ] while applying your textures, you will see the direction "compass" in the texture area start spinning: As you apply the textures while holding it, they will not all fall in the same direction.

It's actually a Rorschach test. Anyone seeing clowns is showing significant elevations on the index of perceptual thinking disorder, depression, hyper-vigilance, persistent stress overload and an unnatural attraction to ballast.

Odd pattern of clown like figures

I've tried making my own ground textures, but I always end up with weird patterns too.

52076059.jpg

:hehe:

It kinda looks like a demon, just saying. Anyway, when you lay textures, constantly rotate them with "[" and "]"

Back