MBTA Franklin Line (Readville to Forge Park/495)

TChauvet

Endicott Station
:D

Approaching Dedham Corp Center

tchauvet201107080001.jpg
tchauvet201107080015.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job! Are you going to model Franklin Center and the Dean College station? I was down that way last week for a company outing in Wrentham, and thought to myself that Franklin would make an awesome are to build, particularly with the Unionville branch cutting off of the old NH Airline.

John

I'm planning it but I am currently laying streets and buildings between Islington and Norwood Dept Stations and working my way up.

Looks much better then before.. this is going to be for 2010 correct? JUst tell me when you need help and I"m there for you buddy! Hardest part is going to be Readville and beyond..

I'll be interested in seeing what you can do with this. Are you going to model the Orange Line in and around Forest Hills?

I agree Readville will be a bit of a challenge. :)

John

After I finished with the route I'm planning to do Readville to South Station on both the Fairmount Route (with the new stations) and the Southwest Corridor. Then building the Orange Line, Red Line, and Green Line (including the extension to Medford and the F Line to Mattapan via Dudley)

I know you don't really care but personally I'd make two different routes..

First I would include the Orangeline (Once you reach Forest Hills) - Include that Station too for the Needham Line.. So finish all the way to South Station (At South Station include the main yard too) and stop there..

Personally for route #2 I would go from Readville and do the Fairmont line.... (Wouldn't take you that much time lol) because you'd already have the yard in South Station and I wouldn't even add it Hydepark to South Station lol

Just my two cents lol

Update: Laid out streets between Everett Street and Railroad Ave. (Norwood Depot Sta.)

Working on: Topography and buildings between Everett St. and Railroad Ave., and details of Norwood Depot Sta.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
The route is looking great so far. Can you please help me with this. Sorry to get off topic but I would like to build the whole tri state area. First, I downloaded the 1km baseboards from the dls, then I edited them in explorer. After that, I went into Google Earth, and then got a view of the area that I would like to put on the 1km baseboard. I hit Prntscrn on my keyboard, and after that, I replaced the original image file with the one I just got from google earth. Then I commited it in the CMP and viewed it in surveyor. It was bigger than the baseboard, and the picture quality was not as good as the one shown in your route.

After that, I read a couple of tutorials which were a bit difficult to follow, so I just continued with what I was doing. I downloaded the 720x720 baseboards from the dls, and then I edited the basemaps in explorer. Since I don't have photoshop, paint shop pro, or 3dsmax, I just edited the image file with paint.net and gimp 2, then I replaced the orighinal image with the one I had gotten from google earth. After that, I saved it and then commited it in the CMP. For some reason, after I commited it, I viewed it in surveyor, and my map isn't on the 720x720 basemap. It just shows the default image that came with it.

Can you please help me. Are you using the 1km basemap or the 720x720 basemap. If you can, can you give me some step by step instructions on how you got the basemaps and how you got the good detail in them.

Back