Thanks Streadway

H222

IDK if you are on the forum, but I thank Streadway for his awesome update of YARN and his new industrial roads

Just alerting others to his creations as well

Jamie

It appears that both are. Streadway made some nice parking spots along the boulevards. I also modified some YARN roads, for my use, and put some cobblestone texture so I can use the roads in front of docks, and in places where I want old trolley tracks in the road.

The different rail-only assets, or even regular tracks bury nicely in the roads because they're really thick.

I'm interested in what Retro is going to do too.

I may upload my cobblestone roads,but I'' seek permission first from Maddy first.

John

Last edited:
I was just looking at his uploads.

This is a crude hack to bring this yarn asset up to build 3.1 and eliminate the '2dm hop' between splines and fixed assets.

What is he referring to? I've never had a problem with the YARN assets. Just always wished for more creations using the yarn textures.

I've been downloading them, and notices that some of them are missing assets that he apparently hasn't uploaded to the DLS yet.

IDK if you are on the forum, but I thank Streadway for his awesome update of YARN and his new industrial roads

Just alerting others to his creations as well

Jamie

Nice of you Jamie to thank him. I noticed these roads too. I sent him a PM, but didn't receive a reply. Hopefully, he'll at least read this thread.

I though Retro was updating YARN?:confused:

Me too, although I've yet to see anything released yet...

I was just looking at his uploads.

This is a crude hack to bring this yarn asset up to build 3.1 and eliminate the '2dm hop' between splines and fixed assets.

What is he referring to? I've never had a problem with the YARN assets. Just always wished for more creations using the yarn textures.

On Maddy25's assets, there is a noticeable hop at intersections when going from a road to an intersection. This seems to correct for that. However, the cars are still sunk into the road by about .1 - .2 meters.

Oh and John, take a look at the config.txt of one of Maddy25's assets. I believe reskins/modifications are okay so long as there's no money involved and she is mentioned in the config.

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Hi all,

Downloaded all of Streadway's road assets today, and started a small route, using them for my road network (duh!)

Ran into a small issue though; with some of the fixed object intersections, I can only attach roads to one area of the object. In a three or four way intersection, this is obviously an issue.

Has anybody else encountered this issue, and what can i do to fix it? I have a feeling it is something to do with attachment points, however they show up error free in CM, and my technologically incompetent eye cannot spot anything wrong with the config file.

Any assistance greatly appreciated, as this does detract from what is quite a nice looking roadway.

Matt.

I've noticed that with most I can't, so I just line it up as best I can and don't curve the spline on that point

Jamie

Yeah, I guess that's what I'll do.

Good thing I don't really pay much attention to road traffic, or that would bother me even more.

Matt.

Oh and John, take a look at the config.txt of one of Maddy25's assets. I believe reskins/modifications are okay so long as there's no money involved and she is mentioned in the config.

Gisa ^^

Thank you! :D I'll do that then, but I'll ensure that they work the way they should first.

- Matt and Jamie,

The road attachment issue is a rather annoying bug with TS12. If you zoom out really far, you can 'sometimes' get the roads to connect to the fixed intersections. I've had the same issue with the regular YARN roads and some other things I can't remember offhand right now.

John

You're welcome John. That seems like a pretty serious bug. I hope for those who own 2012, that they fix that soon. :|

Gisa ^^

this seems to be a TS12 buggy thing with splines all over the place

Hi all,

Downloaded all of Streadway's road assets today, and started a small route, using them for my road network (duh!)

Ran into a small issue though; with some of the fixed object intersections, I can only attach roads to one area of the object. In a three or four way intersection, this is obviously an issue.

Has anybody else encountered this issue, and what can i do to fix it? I have a feeling it is something to do with attachment points, however they show up error free in CM, and my technologically incompetent eye cannot spot anything wrong with the config file.

Any assistance greatly appreciated, as this does detract from what is quite a nice looking roadway.

Matt.

I had this with more than one and just go close enough angle or first draw road check height same and than move/connect.
There are many tricks to get things done even if cumbersome but its a go around till T12 patch has sorted out the ugly spline problem with road and track too and what else we don't know;)

hope this helps

Roy

Back