(Not responding) on my computer

dnutter

Hello folks,

I would need to your help about only one problem with (not responding) on my CMP (Content Manager Program) so when I able to open with CMP then few minutes finally were was pop open then few seconds later until CMP sever was stop and went to (not responding). So, why so reason there have problem with them? How fix that? And I want rip off with "not responding" on CMP...

Thanks everyone

- David

David, I've had that problem a couple times in the past few days. Usually though I just get a message saying that I'm not a registered user or it just sits for a long while before it finds that I am a registered user and logs me in.

From what I recall I only got the "not responding" when I tried to do something in CM before it finished up trying to login into the Auran servers.

Zec from Auran has posted that the servers are slow due to the added load from their June sale.

I guess we'll just have to put up with this til it finishes up.

Bob Pearson

I've noticed this too. Getting really really frustrated at having to do an EDR every time this happens...this is why making a program dependant on something over the Internet is not a good idea.

Guess we have no choice but to wait for now...

Gisa

Now I've seen where it wouldn't connect over the last few days sporadically but I've never had content manager just flat lock. I've been in Trainz probably about 50 times in the last three days checking content as I make it and when it failed to connect that normally occurs within the first 30 seconds if it's going to and then everything else works as normal just off-line.

Trainz is not Internet dependent. The download station and patches and of course multiplayer and iChat and I portal (if you use them) are the only things that it needs the Internet for the actual operation of the game is not dependent on the Internet whatsoever to run it locally on your machine.

If CMP is actually locking up and says not responding and then doesn't come back say after a minute or two. Chances are you're running low on system RAM and you got other things in the background taking up a lot of memory and content managers forced to use virtual memory to try to run. So that would be the first thing I would look at when it stopped responding check your task manager and see what your memory usage is not only for Trainz but what else is running in the background and just do a quick addition and compare that with the RAM installed on your PC and you'll know whether you're running out of RAM or not. If your hard drive light stays on that's another indicator that you're in the swap file.

Of course I just noticed the original poster is using 2006, content manager if I recall correctly was a bit squirrely to say the least in that version because I believe that was the first version it actually appeared. It's been refined a little bit since then and what I was speaking to above is of course 3.5.

Last edited:
My experience: I've been trying to get dependencies but it's been very very slow lately. It's crashed at least 2-3 times lately (frozen up on me and I had to end the process) and the only other thing I had open was firefox. My system is quite modest but this is the first time recently that it's done that.

I guess I'll lay off of the firefox when running CMP then.

Trainz itself is not dependant on the Internet, but if I use CMP (to even view/edit the content on my machine) it will try to connect to the Internet of course.

I'll be upgrading in a month a few weeks so I guess I just have to endure for now.

Gisa

My experience: I've been trying to get dependencies but it's been very very slow lately. It's crashed at least 2-3 times lately (frozen up on me and I had to end the process) and the only other thing I had open was firefox. My system is quite modest but this is the first time recently that it's done that.

I guess I'll lay off of the firefox when running CMP then.

Trainz itself is not dependant on the Internet, but if I use CMP (to even view/edit the content on my machine) it will try to connect to the Internet of course.

I'll be upgrading in a month a few weeks so I guess I just have to endure for now.

Gisa

Actually I have its default view set to my content and you can always block CMP from the Internet with the firewall. Now it will sit there and pop up and tell you it can't find your username blah blah blah but like I said normally that only takes about 20 to 30 seconds for my machine which is why I guess I really don't notice if it can't connect or not.

Because I go in the content manager to basically build new scenery items and I generally click on new asset and it brings up CCP even before it finishes checking for connection. Again that's just my machine I guess and that is using TS12 but 2010 does the exact same thing on my machine.

The only really times I check for connection is when I see a rash of posts on the forum where the DLS is down and then I check generally:D

Normally day-to-day I don't even worry about the DLS.

I've never really had a problem on this scale until recently. I'd say trainz crashes maybe once a month for me and I'm okay doing an EDR when I'm at work but like I've said, I have had to do this 2-3 times over the past few days which is a bit frustrating of course.

Normally, I never worry either. If it's down, it doesn't bother me in the short term but like I said, having to do an EDR repeatedly is frustrating. I admit my machine is seriously outdated but things have only acted up recently. Could be my memory for all I know.

1.5 months to go...:D

:wave:

Gisa ^^

When they will back to normal? Hope not when they back to normal around 2 or 3 month later or so...

- David

Update

Hello everyone,

Do anyone their CMP is back work again, or still few problem with it? Damn...

- David

I know for me it get's really frustrating. Recently....when I open content manager..it tells me I'm not a registered user, or I've entered the wrong user name or password.....which is totally wrong! When it does finally connect and I click on an item, it won't download a thumbnail. If it does download a thumbnail and I drag it to the download window...it searches....and searches.....and searches....and searches. About 50% of the time it never does find the dependencies and I just give up and remove it.

Funny thing is.....I almost purchased a Lifetime Download Ticket just recently..but opted to just renew for a year. Boy...was that a wise choice! I don't think I'll even renew next year. I own several editions of Trainz...including 2012, and I've always had issues with content manager.

There is a way to "force" a refresh in content manager. Open it up and remove your user name and password and hit save. Close the program...then open it again and re-enter your user name and password and hit save again. It helps...but after a few minutes, or, if you close it and decide you need to open it again.....it reverts right back to how it was originally acting. My suggestion for the game manufacturer......get some better server's....if that truly is the issue!

Last edited:
I know for me it get's really frustrating. Recently....when I open content manager..it tells me I'm not a registered user, or I've entered the wrong user name or password.....which is totally wrong! When it does finally connect and I click on an item, it won't download a thumbnail. If it does download a thumbnail and I drag it to the download window...it searches....and searches.....and searches....and searches. About 50% of the time it never does find the dependencies and I just give up and remove it.

Funny thing is.....I almost purchased a Lifetime Download Ticket just recently..but opted to just renew for a year. Boy...was that a wise choice! I don't think I'll even renew next year. I own several editions of Trainz...including 2012, and I've always had issues with content manager.

There is a way to "force" a refresh in content manager. Open it up and remove your user name and password and hit save. Close the program...then open it again and re-enter your user name and password and hit save again. It helps...but after a few minutes, or, if you close it and decide you need to open it again.....it reverts right back to how it was originally acting. My suggestion for the game manufacturer......get some better server's....if that truly is the issue!
If you are just working on local content and not dependant on the DLS you can remove your username and password on a more permanent basis. Just enter them back in when you go need to go on line. You will find that as well as stopping CM freezing, it will also launch the game a hell of a lot faster.
Geoff

Update

Do anyone works with CMP still or, still keep struggle and, frustrating with CMP? Mine CMP it's still isn't work yet...

I just wonder just that all..

- David

David,
Just started CM no problem (2010), empty your download helper. Try reset your username and password to blank, save and close CM. Leave for a minute and reopen CM, then put your real username and password in.

David,
Just started CM no problem (2010), empty your download helper. Try reset your username and password to blank, save and close CM. Leave for a minute and reopen CM, then put your real username and password in.

Okay, I will try do it again. Also, understand as when I open CMP were it finally work but another one thing that CMP has little problem like slowly and, freezing again everytime as they never stop...:/ I don't know what wrong with my CMP

- David

Also, I want try to work out with CMP but CMP won't allow me because CMP were keep still freeze when I try to fix them...:/

- David

Have you installed the latest patch for 06? This used to be the major problem with 06 when it came out and the patches fixed it.

Also, I want try to work out with CMP but CMP won't allow me because CMP were keep still freeze when I try to fix them...:/

- David

My recommendation is to dump 06 for 2010. It runs 1,000 times better and is quite inexpensive right now.

tomurban

David,

Okay, so maybe where I can able to find download helper? And, must have to remove my username and password, save, and close CMP? But I try open the CMP and, able to enter setting but CMP won't let me into because were CMP too quick to freeze when I open CMP...

- David

Back