Secret kuidy!

Do 3 searches,
1. DLS,
2. Forum search,
3. Google.
Chances are you find most if not all. Can't be of much more help as you have not given any specific details of what and where the kuids are missing from. :wave:

I don't think that is Termin's point. I, also, have nine items in my 2010 CM that are always shown in the "updates" tab, but they will NEVER be found on the DLS. If CM says they're available, then why aren't they? Two of them "Speedtree Library" by McGuirel have been "unavailable" for a month now, but they always show up as being present on the DLS - until I try to download them. Then the entry turns red and I am told "gee whizz, I can't find them on the DLS".

Bill

Displying Updated versions in Cm

I don't think that is Termin's point. I, also, have nine items in my 2010 CM that are always shown in the "updates" tab, but they will NEVER be found on the DLS. If CM says they're available, then why aren't they? Two of them "Speedtree Library" by McGuirel have been "unavailable" for a month now, but they always show up as being present on the DLS - until I try to download them. Then the entry turns red and I am told "gee whizz, I can't find them on the DLS".

Bill

Bill; In Content Maneger, right click on the asset of interest and then click on 'Asset Versisons'. If updated Kuid versions :)#) are listed then click 'View in main list' and download them. I have also noted a few assets which are flagged obsolete also display new replacing kuid's instead of updated ones"

Q: what is and "edr"?
Irving

Bill; In Content Maneger, right click on the asset of interest and then click on 'Asset Versisons'. If updated Kuid versions :)#) are listed then click 'View in main list' and download them. I have also noted a few assets which are flagged obsolete also display new replacing kuid's instead of updated ones"

Q: what is and "edr"?
Irving

Extended Database Repair in CMP.

Irving

That is precisely the problem, Irving. I have already selected the "asset Versions" and they ALL slow the 'DS' icon. When I drag them over to the download window, they turn red and I am told "can't find them on the DLS". That is what I mean. If CM thinks updates are available - and on the DLS - then why aren't they available when I go for them.

EDR does not solve the problem. Something is very wrong here.

Bill

EDIT: Sorry. This tends to hijack the thread. I'll quit now because this has already been discussed ad nauseum.

DLS - Search completed: NO these kuids!

These kuids - part of the whole maps kuids.

Big regret: DLS is doing badly!
The owner of the service additions bummer!

Do 3 searches,
1. DLS,
2. Forum search,
3. Google.
Chances are you find most if not all. Can't be of much more help as you have not given any specific details of what and where the kuids are missing from. :wave:

Last edited:
I have two out of date kuid by author lotharhake. Using the View asset versions the new version are not available on the dls.
Unknown Location: <kuid2:68787:22044:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:68787:22098:1>
Not faulty: Reihenhaus3 -out of date
Not faulty: Strauch1 - out of date

I have those two as well; plus two McGuirel Treez libraries and two items by Narrowgauge (Peter) that do the same thing. They have been hanging around for over a month now and cannot be cleared. The game (2010) tells me I have 7 updates and then fails to "find" them

Someone from N3V needs to look at this and either fix them or remove them. I can't even delete them because they are "on the DLS" (even though, apparently, they aren't).

Bill

"Unknown Location" kuids

OK, as an example:

This CM entry:
Sig 4AT BR Post Std LHS,<kuid2:60850:24007:3>

includes:
Unknown Location: <kuid2:60850:23902:1>
as an Asset Dependency.

I cannot find this kuid anywhere. Does that mean that the signal, and all the other bloodnok signals similarly listed) cannot be used? (TS2010)

I have done an EDR and Googled, to no avail.

That kuid is available, but it's a higher version number (3).

When searching, do not include the :1 at the end (change it to :3 instead)

Shane

Thank you, Shane

I understood what you were saying, although I didn't know what to do having found the updated item. I then realised that I have to replace the kuid in the main item's config file.

I imagine that quite a few Trainz users would get completely lost with this sort of thing.

Thanks again

Alan

Trainz should use the latest version of an asset anyway, as long as the trainz-build tag is equivalent to or lower than the Trainz version it is being used for (examples: 2.6 for TRS2006, 2.7 for Trainz Classics 1+2, 3.3 for TS2009 SP4/TS2010).

Shane

Trainz should use the latest version of an asset anyway,

That makes sense, but it won't happen unless someone alters the relevant file contents. I've just amended some 100-odd config.txt files. I am under the impression that, unless the creator updates dependencies, Trainz users will have to do this individually.

Do 3 searches,
1. DLS,
2. Forum search,
3. Google.
Of these I would have thought (1) would achieve nothing - (if it's on the DLS then it would be flagged "DLS" surely?), (2) might help if you have just a few you can't find (I had loads) and someone who knows picks it up, (3) will get you loads of sites referring to all sorts of numbers, but nothing to do with kuids.

Back