Import "Pick List" & "Global Consist" ??

edion2

Hello,

I had to re-install my TS2009. I still have my old install on the computer.

Everything is back as it was, routes, sessions and assets, except I lost my "Pick List" and my "Global Consist" contents.

The old ones must be somewhere on the old install. I was hoping to find a folder under my old install that said "Pick List" or "Global Consist" . . . but I can't find it.

Can anyone tell me how to take these (contents, list, or whatever) from my old install to the new install ??? Is it even possible?

I have spent many hours creating consists and I rely heavily on my pick list. I use to write everything down until the pick list came along.

I kind of remember vaguely that the "Pick List" was imported with the assets when I had to do a re-install about a year ago . . . or am I just dreaming?

Has anyone done this ?? :eek:

Thanks
Ed

Ed did you export your pick list before you reinstalled? This is done through Content Manager. If not I'm afraid this went to bit heaven where all good data goes when you need it the most.

John

If your picklist is still on your old computer, select it in Content Manager. It will list oll the kuid's in the search window. Only one or two are visible at a time, but if you high-light these and copy them to notepad, then send the notepad document to your new computer, copy them into the search window kiud listing and they will all show up. Then highlight them all and drag them to the pick-list window.

How is the Picklist found in the CM? Searching Pick did not show it. Also how do you "export" it?

The global consists lists definitions are saved under TS2010 and TS12 in a file "globalmodule.txt" in the directory <trainz installation directory>/userdata/settings (with backslash and not slash in the directory name). You should find something similar under TS2009.

The globalmodule.txt contains all the saved definitions for all global parameters. If you have not changed any other global parameter, you may try get back your global consists list by replacing the file by the previous installation one. If you want to restore only the global consist list definition you need to copy only the text between <kuid:401543:1182> { ... <global consist lists definitions> ... } including the <kuid:401543:1182> prefix and all the text from the open bracket to the matching end bracket.

Good luck.

pguy.

Sorry everyone, I've been out of town for a few days.

pguy,
Thank you. It worked and I have my global consist back !:D

Dap,
I tried your suggestion. I got as far as copying the pick list to my Note Pad and copying the pick list to the search window in my new install of 2009. I am unable to "drag" the list anywhere. I had expected to be able to scroll down the list to the end . . . but I can't. The other problem is . . . "dragging" is a "left click" operation . . . when I left click on a selection, it selects only the item I clicked on, not the entire list. Help, I'm stuck.

Thanks
Ed

Ed,

Here is the complete process.

To move a Pick List from one computer to another.
1. Open CM and open picklist window
2. Click on View in Main List
3. Open Search Window. Listing for search should be Asset KUID with a list of KUID numbers. Put the cursor in this window, hold down the left mouse key and drag the cursor to the right until all items in this tiny window are highlighted. Then right click and select copy. This will put the KUID numbers on your clipboard.
4. Open Notepad and paste contents of clipboard.
5. Save this file and send it to your other computer. Lets call it Picklist1.txt
6. On your other computer, open Picklist1.txt, highlight the contents, right click and select copy.
7. Go to CM and open the search window.
8. Select Asset KUID. Place the cursor in the blank window next to Asset KUID, right click and select paste. THis should put the list of KUID's into the window.
9. Click on apply. Now all the items from Picklist1 should be shown in CM.
10. Click on the top Item in the main window. Scroll the screen down to the bottom, hold down the shift key and click on the bottom item
11. Left Click and hold on any item and drag to the PickList window. Now your PickList1 in in the picklist window.

Hope this helps.

Dap

Back