UK Stainmore Railway

stovepipe

Trainz Member
This is my other prototypical route I'm working on - The Stainmore Railway.

I've done the section from Barnard Castle to Kirkby Stephen, which includes the highest summit of railways in England at 1370 feet, and the great iron viaducts at Deepdale and Belah (made by Bendorsey - thanks Ben). The line was steeply graded (1 in 70) for most of its journey accross England's North Pennines. The line was opened in 1861 and closed in 1962. This year is the 150th anniversary of line opening.

See links for a map and history.
http://www.cumbria-railways.co.uk/stainmore1.html
http://www.cumbria-railways.co.uk/stainmore_history.html

The route started in TRS06 but work is now continuing in TS2010.

These older screenshots have been posted before in UK Screenshots, but new ones will appear as work progresses.

stovepipe200911270015.jpg

screen047a.jpg

Last edited:
Great Shots!!

This looks really good. It's a spectacular part of the world and the viaducts are a great feature.

Looking forwrd to seeing more of it. Plenty of opportunities for interesting operations.

Cheers, Richard

WOW

You layout is fantastic, love the various scenes, brings a real feel to the route.

Keep up the great work.
Ray
:) :)

It certainly looks very good, Stovepipe.

Have you sent copies of the screenshots to the Stainmore Railway folks? I'm sure they'd be interested as they are celebrating the 150th anniversary of the line at the end of August.

Will yours be open for the great day? Maybe you could take a computer to Kirkby Stephen East and run trips over the line as part of the fun!! It would be a bit of a sensation, I think.

Great piece of work.

Cheers

Richard

Apologies for bumping up such an old thread, but whilst doing some googling for UK routes this was brought to my attention.

Was this route ever released to the DLS? It looks stunning, I'd love to have a play with it if so.

No it hasn't been released yet, though it is still being worked on when I get the time. I do intend for it to be made public at some point, and hopefully this will be sooner rather than later.

Back