multiplayer Trainz Simulator 2012

I just bought the game. I have been trying to download the necessary content to play online and download things off the manager. However, It says something is wrong with my internet connection. I've disabled everything but to no help... :'(

Some things to try:
1. Run Trainz as administrator
2. Start Content Manager and select File - Settings - Internet and re-enter your User ID and Password and then save it.
3. On the Trainz Forum page, select Profile in the top line menu, select edit account and re-enter your password.
4. If you have a firewall, be sure that it allows access to the DLS.

Bob Weber

Yeah no luck for me on any of those. Content manager is working fine. I can download perfectly fine. It's only in trainz itself that the content update says offline and multiplayer will not connect to planet auran.

Yeah no luck for me on any of those. Content manager is working fine. I can download perfectly fine. It's only in trainz itself that the content update says offline and multiplayer will not connect to planet auran.
That means that N3V's server is offline. I've had this problem all day, but it does give me time to work on other Trainz-related things!

I just bought the game, because I hear its multiplayer now, done with the tutorials and really looking forward to playing, but I also am unable to see any sessions, in fact I noticed on the routebrowser thingy it lists active multiplayer sessions. Zeros across the board. So at least now I know I'm looking in the right place. I am downloading some 254 content updates and I'm all registered up, cd key entered @ website and showing in my options dialog fine, also my username and pass in there, so seems like at least that server is up. I'm hoping there is enough multiplayer action going that the servers aren't always empty, because I'm enjoying the game a lot so far.

Someone mentioned updating making one more able to play online, so I'm sitting through that at the moment, hoping maybe there are routes or scenarios or something in there that ppl might be playing on, but it looks like mostly engines and buildings.

I activated this 90 day ticket thing too, I guess after that I'd have to pay for mods and dlc and community uploads? I guess I will dload as much as I can before then hehe. I just activated it though hoping again for some progress on finding active sessions.

I saw someone mention a multiplayer subscription in another thread... I seriously hope thats not a real thing, I'd hate to think I had to keep buying more at this point. Anyways, thats my experience with this so far and hoping there is something I can do on my end to correct. Hope it doesn't sound terribly negative as I said, I do like the game and hope to play it alot more(online mostly).

+1 as above..

Purchased the game cause of the multiplayer option, but sofar no
options, guides or anything.. looks like i should have waited for a another game instead. :(

Multiplayer appears to be working again as does the ingame content update.

I'm gonna give the multiplayer a bash. Not sure how it works but will soon find out.

Cheers

Hi guys,

We appear to be having hardware issues on the main iTrainz server. The admins have been alerted and are investigating.

kind regards,

chris

2009 bs 2012

I'm still playing trainz 09. I finally have everything working right. Though its not multiplayer I'm content with this version. I would love to purchase 2012 but with all the problems and negative comments Ima stick with what I have for now. Come on Auran, plz out a version without so many problems and bugs!!!! What's the use of having mulitplayer if ya can't play it whenever you wont and without the server being down?

<snip> Come on Auran, plz out a version without so many problems and bugs!!!!

What's the use of having mulitplayer if ya can't play it whenever you wont and without the server being down?

Just an update for you.... Auran is now N3V. Has been that for a couple of years.

How do you know there are so many problems now, you do not seem to have purchased TS12 ?

Can you tell us how you know that the server is down since you do not have TS12 ?

Just wondering how you have all this knowledge.

Well you may be N3V now but the website is still auran.com is there a newer site? also I just purchased trainz2012 because of the very much hyped multiplayer aspect of it...Disappointed is not the word i would use to describe how i feel about it...it seems to be put together as a add-on that just doesn't quite work...you cant host a single player session as multi-player without editing something finding where the content is is a drag and as I have over 380 waiting to be updated a real drag on resources...and it seems like there are two different areas to update...assets and content...the game itself runs smooth in single player and is fun to play but i bought it to play multiplayer...I shouldn't have to learn the editor to play that way i should be able to start a session and players join or drop and not be affected by it other then where they left the train they were driving! Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

I shouldn't have to learn the editor to play that way i should be able to start a session
Default multiplayer session exists in map "Debrecen - Nyiregyhaza". MP sessions for other maps you can download from DLS.

shame

there maybe a session in Trainz12 that is available for multiplayer but it never seems to be running a Multiplayer session..or is it just me that can't see them?

multi player Trainz Simulator 2012

When you click on routes there is 3 rows the first one tells you if someone is playing. If they are all 0 then no one is playing. Clicking on a route with a 1 then click on sessions, wait for the player's session is found.
Click on it to join.
Now you may get a massage about up dates & or modified assets click yes this only take a min,or two.
Now you should be joining the session again wait tell it completey loaded.
We use Team Speak 3.Contact Dap for ID and Password.

Last edited:
Back