Feel asleep in the cab...

JimDep

and woke up some 12 miles later!

In my northern Colorado route, I was doing a session where I head northbound only a couple mile and drop off loaded hoppers at the Budweiser plant. Normally, you grab some empties at the other end of the plant and return to the yard.

Last night, going northbound between the BNSF yard and Budweiser ( between mile posts 77 and 79) I fell asleep! :eek:

I woke up just before reaching the Owl Canyon siding, mile post 92! This is about a 1/4 of the way to Cheyenne.

I opened my eyes looking into the computer monitor and didn't know where I was until I hit the Map button. Good thing it's going up hill and I was only doing about 10mph. The switched was closed at the siding, but it still scared the hell out me.

No more nodding out at the chair for me...

I recall doing the same thing way back in the MSTS days, woke up rocketing down the side of a mountain!:eek:

I recall doing the same thing way back in the MSTS days, woke up rocketing down the side of a mountain!:eek:

Yeah, that's not a good way to wake up! Strange that while I was asleep I was having a dream about Paul Revere..:eek:

been there, done that...fell asleep running the UMR (at like midnight)...woke up with a container train barreling right at me (Stupid AI taking the left side of the track again:eek:) I've never hit the E-brake harder in my life.

One family member of ours sleeps (and snores--LOUD! (probably even louder than the computer volume) :eek:) so hard that if he were to drive some Trainz and fall asleep, then the Trainz might crash and he might not even wake up! :eek: (Fortunately, he does not play Trainz. ;))

Regards.

I put her in full dynamics, full E-brake, full Indi-brake, locked down half the consist's hand brakes...still didn't stop in time:eek: then, promptly fell back asleep again :hehe:

Back