Could not overwrite read only?

Firefighterdan

343 NEVER FORGET
I downloaded a couple of very cool routes, put my own locomotives and rolling stock in. Made some industries load and unload a couple different thing and when I go to try it in driver I get the "Could not overwrite read only" sign. I tried the different name thing and still get this. Am I doing something wrong and if so what the heck is it?:'(

Thanks, Danny

overwrite.jpg

I get that occassionally in TS10.

File > Save As > give it a new name.

If that isn't working I have no idea...

Andy

I used to get that message in TRS2006 ... and I would just hit: "Save As" and Didn't give it a new name ... and it worked, overwriting the previous route.

Make sure you are giving the session a new name too. Also, make sure you are the administrator and running Trainz as or you won't have the right to over write the files. :wave:

Make sure you are giving the session a new name too. Also, make sure you are the administrator and running Trainz as or you won't have the right to over write the files. :wave:

Run as administer, does that have something to do with windows? I am running XP home 32 bit.

It all worked great up until this last weekend when Auran went down for a couple hours. Things have been weird ever since.:confused:

It has been my experience with this bug that it happens when routes and the contents of those routes reaches a certain size in terms of the memory involved. It just shortly ago happened to me after I downloaded a bunch of arrials high poly stuff onto my test board in 2010. Use the 'save as' function and the original name will come up. You don't have to change the name unless you want to do so for some reason. It will overwrite the original just as if you had used the 'save' function.

Check in CMP to make sure you can connect to the DLS and also check that your correct Kuid user ID number is shown (CMP/ Options/ Internet) ?

Back