Tasmania

Thanks,
Yes I have got the Tassie content off the dls :) .
I will get some screenshots up later to day of the progress that i have made so far in the route

Dan

Just an update :) .
I have now moved past Devonport yard and are now heading towards Railton.
The Don River Railway is almost done as well.

Something that I have been spending a lot of time in is Blender, I am planing to make the DQ class locomotive's after i learn some more.

Dan

best of luck with such a large project.
I myself am just trying to make a parallel (not exact replica) of the Mornington line as it was in its heyday. I live right at the junction with the Stony Point line and both tracks (well the remains of the Mornington anyway) run right past my place.

Thank you for the welcome.

So far all I've got is the tracks down to mooroodoc station completed other than some slight gradient changes to do then its onwards to Mornington.

We need a way of joining all the Aussie routes together so that we can have one map of the whole countries railways (or at least, the individual states).

That would be a huge route!!!!!:hehe:,It would be good but i don't think it would be ever happen. But i could be wrong who knows what the future may bring:). we are slightly of topic.

Last edited:
G'day! :wave:

Could we get some more pictures please? I'm getting quite intrested in this! :D

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Trainz DEM

Hi all, :)

Would Trainz DEM be any good for me building Tasmania?

I am willing to spend the money to buy this product (If its not to much:hehe:).
I don't know much about it but have read threads about it and have made think should I?

• Will it be close enough to make a difference on doing it the hard way?
  • How much would it be?
  • what version would be best to create this route?
  • Is it any good for a beginner?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Dan :D

TransDEM will save you from moulding the terrain from scratch. The one thing you need is the terrain data. The thing that's used in Google Earth and NASA maps. If you ask around you may be able to find someone to help you with that! :)

Jake.

G'day

I differently haven't gave up :).
Will be purchasing Trainz DEM in the next few days (its 1 of my Christmas presents) and have also been chasing up some content creators, ill keep use updated.

EDIT:
I have brought TrainzDEM and getting it as a early present!!!

Cheers Dan

Last edited:

Dan! How is your route coming along? I have found some brilliant 1067mm track on a Russian Trainz site. Tasrail's network is 1067mm, so is it possible you could make a narrow gauge version aswell?

Jake.

Dan! How is your route coming along? I have found some brilliant 1067mm track on a Russian Trainz site. Tasrail's network is 1067mm, so is it possible you could make a narrow gauge version aswell?

Jake.

Its coming along slowly progress of this route will slow in the summer, due to my sport but i still working on it hard and yes i could do a 1067mm version if you could pass on the website for the track. So haven't done a progress update lately due to it will Nealy stop progress till around march when my sporting season will finish, but having said that i was working on it the other and got a nice amount done.

If any one is willing to make some locomotives for this route let me know,

cheers Dan

G'day, everyone :).

You are all probably thinking i have gave up,,, but no the route its coming along strongly and i will try to get some pictures up soon. prepare your self for a big update in the coming months, along with some good news! :D .

This route has had its up's and downs but its on track now and steaming along extreamly well. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, concerning this route.

Cheers Dan,

Last edited:
Good to hear you are stil sticking to it modeltrains! Apart from my giant Glasgow Tramway mentioned a while back I am gradually working through the whole of the N. Ireland Railway over in Ulster plus the Belfast-Dublin Line from Scotland (apart from a couple of visits thank goodness for Google Earth). I have known keen Trainzers who buckle and give up working on a route so giving oneself occasional breaks can help alieviate temptation. Good on you. A Scotch pie and bottle of Irn Bru for you - so keep at it!

Good on yer mate. As a fan of Aussie rail I always look forward to new additions. My creative/artistic ability is zero, so I am destined to wait for those who not only have the time and patience,
but also the ability to bring these routes to life.

Cheers

Bob (CRO)

Back