Locos for 2004, 2006 etc convert to 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbanetman

Hi, all. Sorry if this has been mentioned, but didn't see a post specifically about it. I used to enjoy custom content like Locos by SPORBUST. When I imported them into 2010 they have a lot of errors and warnings, and most don't show up in the railyard, or surveyer. A few showed up but were highlighted in red. My question is how can I get them to work in TRS 2010? Is older content a big hassle to convert?
I managed to track down most of the missing kuids, so thats mostly not an error now except for a few, but what to do with script errors etc that 2010 flagged. Was wondering if the conversion option in content manager will help.
Is it possible to fix enough of these kind of errors that 2010 will run these old Locos?

I am going to attempt to fix these locos with member's help. The DRG SD70ace reports that a dependancy AC44_CNW_int has a progressive mesh and needs to be converted to the new type. How do I do that?

In the meantime, I tried compatibility mode and the locos do show up, but the texture is all black, and no details can be seen except the engine number.

This thing of seen black locos or assets is a sickness going around. Go to CMP, open the asset you see in black and click on edit. After this you have to commit, and presto, you should see the asset again. (posted somewhere else).

I was able to use the PM2IM utility to convert the mesh on the offending asset, and now the DRG loco does show up. But its now completely black. So, now open it for edit and resave it? I also updated it to be compatible with 2010.

OK, now I got an error that specgrey.texture was missing, and thats the only error I have left, besides the loco being all black. Recommitting the loco didnt fix that. Anyone have any thought on what I do now? Thanks for the help so far.

Still working on converting the loco. On the one dependant asset with errors here's what it says
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: The Tag 'radius.015' is not permitted within a container of type 'light_switch'.
Warning: The Boolean tag 'opacity' in container 'windows' is not a valid Boolean value.

Anyone help with these?

Black downloaded assets in TS2010 are usually because you have not unticked 'Enable hardware accelerated texture compression' in Content manager; file; settings; miscellaneous.

Progressive meshes can be altered to 'im' meshes with PM2IM. Boolean values are usually 0 or 1. Check that the tag ''radius.015' is actually written correctly in the config. file. It looks as if it is all wtirren as one word.

Best of luck,

ingha

Thanks to all who helped, that was the problem on the black content, I didn't know about unticking the hardware accel for textures. I will check the other few things.:)

Remember too that PM2IM will write 'im' files into the mesh file, but you have to alter the 'pm's to 'im's manually in the config. file.

jbanetman,
Your post #8 lists a bunch of warnings which you can ignore. The only error is Tag radius.015. To fix this, open the kuid of Edit in Explorer, scroll down to find radius.015 and put a space between radius and .015. Then save and commit.

Bob Weber

Thank you, I got most of them working in compatibility mode, except for the GE ES44 demo and the GP60's, which still aren't showing up. Most are down to just one error about a texture, which I assume will have to be fixed before I can use them in native mode? I'll look at what it is and post it. BTW, I simply deleted the radius .015, and the engines worked. Was that an important entry, should I reinstall those engines with it, and redo it as a space and .015?
I never use cab mode, just outside camera, if that makes a difference.
As long as the engines work on outside view, that's all I care about, unless the radius means light radius for night driving.:eek:

Here's all the errors left, I think, as mentioned most engines have only a single error left, except for the multiple line errors on a few of them. Thank you if someone can help me solve these.

Error: Texture 'mesh_body/specgrey.texture' is missing or could not be loaded
for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'
Error: Texture 'leftside vents.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'AC44_int.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/specgrey.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/graycoat.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/Nose.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.

Error: Texture 'mesh_body/numbers\digit_3a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\numbers\numbers.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/numbers\digit_4a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\numbers\numbers.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/numbers\digit_5a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\numbers\numbers.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/numbers\digit_6a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\numbers\numbers.im'.

Error: The Tag 'descirption' is not permitted within a container of type 'bogey'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'bogies.bmp' for texture file 'bogies.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'bogies.texture.txt'.
Error: No selection for tag 'category-region' in 'bogey'.
Warning: Tag 'category-era-3' in the container 'hornsound' is obsolete.
Warning: Tag 'category-era-4' in the container 'hornsound' is obsolete.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/goldbasecolor.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/basegray.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/goldbase.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'sideframe.texture'.
Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/main.texture'.
Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/main1.texture'.

Oh, also, after using PM2IM and saving, looks like one of these textures (maybe all haven't checked yet)have a corresponding .tga file? Does PM2IM make these Targa files, and are they meant to replace the .texture ones? I wondered, but didn't see where they were referenced in the engine.

Actually I'm attempting to fix the warnings/errors of SPORBUST locos so I can use them in 2010. I enjoyed his content and want to reuse them. I've been fixing as I go with help from members, and most locos work now fine with compatibility mode, but I hope to get them error free for 2010 native. The errors I posted are what errors are left from my process with all the locos. Most have only one of these errors, a few have a couple of them. I just posted all the left over errors in one post. I can give a breakdown of each loco if needed, but just thought I would get advice on whoever knows how to fix an error from the list. They have already been thru the content update thru content manager, and updating the config file etc with going to Explorer and PM2IM. The process was a little complex since each loco depends on multiple assets.

I'll list the first 4 locos with errors left: All the locos were downloaded from his site.

ATSF C44-9W by sporbust kuid2:113556:2915:1
Texture 'mesh_body/specgrey.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
ATSF SD40-2 by sporbust kuid2:113556:78810:1
Texture 'mesh_body/graycoat.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
ATSF SD40-2 Snoot by sporbust kuid2:113556:888110:1
Texture 'mesh_body/graycoat.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.

ATSF SD40-2 Snoot (2) by sporbust kuid2:113556:888810:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back