question about S&C 2010

Lewj

Hi guys.

I am considering buying either Trainz 2010 or Trainz 2010 Settle and Carlisle.

I am wondering what the difference is, obviously i know that the S&C version has the S&C route and a lot of british stock, but does it have the normal surveyor and DLC access like the normal edition does?

If if dosent would i be better buying Trainz 2010 and can you download the content from the S&C off the DLC?

- Lewis

The SnC pack is actually an 'addon' for TRS2009 onwards, it *can* be run purely as a standalone item, but will not have access to CMP or the DLS. I'd highly recommend purchasing either TRS2010 or TRS2012, then the SnC pack to add to it.

Agree with Muliebuck: purchase TS2010/12 as well as S&C AddOn. Install S&C as an AddOn to your TS2010/12 installation. Most S&C users would want the ability to add their own ideas to create new sessions or customise the S&C routes. You can't do this when S&C is installed as a standalone.

The primary S&C AddOn pack that you purchase is for TS2009. Once you have installed this as an addon to TS2010/12, you must then install the S&C TS2010 Service Pack. This is available from http://settleandcarlisle.co.uk/index.html > SERVICE PACK NOW AVAILABLE link.

This is an established working procedure for TS2010. TS12 S&C users are mostly TS2010 users who have imported S&C into TS12 by copying the S&C JA file from their TS2010 installation (see other threads for this procedure). I'm not aware of the experience of people who have attempted to install S&C into TS12 using the S&C TS2009 AddOn pack and the TS2010 Service Pack. Perhaps someone out there has tried and can report success (or otherwise).

SnC in Trainz 12

a bit late, perhaps, but I can confirm the S&C add on works fine in Trainz 12,
as well ad the update to 41903
I copied the download S&C in the main folder of Trainz12 and started the process. The program found Trainz12 and installed the add-on properly,
The same with the update to 41903
It might be possible that you have to update your rolling stock etc from the S&C website to avoid lots of errors in Content Mgr.

best regards

Back